Vela at Boys Blog: Isaiah Stanback

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
eduncan22;1488741 said:
Stanback could be our next Skyler Green?

Lets face it. This pick stinks.

This guy is not a WR [playing freshman WR doesn't make you a WR in the NFL] and I'd be shocked if he could even make the squad as a WR. Let's give our current 5 WRs some credit.

The only way this guy makes the team is a KR/PR and I don't see that happening.

We can only hope that this kid shows us something.

L
Oh NOES!!!! Stanback was a QB and Spencer was a DE!!! How ever will they play their new positions!!!!

jay cee

Reaction score
eduncan22;1488741 said:

This guy is not a WR [playing freshman WR doesn't make you a WR in the NFL] and I'd be shocked if he could even make the squad as a WR. Let's give our current 5 WRs some credit.

L

Was Hines Ward and Antwaan Randel El drafted? The Cowboys could have used that pick on college WR, and he failed to make the team.

It was a 4th rd pick, not like the Jaguars using a 1st on the QB from Arkansas a couple of years ago.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
eduncan22;1488741 said:

L
Well that's disappointing...

Maybe we can try him at right cornerback.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
eduncan22;1488741 said:

L
Per Jeff Ireland.........

Let's talk about Stanback. I was driving in on Sunday, and I heard Stanback was the pick. I thought it was a little high until I watched the tape of this guy. He just jumps off the screen at you. I told Mickey you gotta see this guy. What do you think?
There's no doubt about it. He's a phenomenal athlete. Our area scout -- I didn't go to Washington this year, but I'd seen this guy player 3 or 4 times over the years, with the trips to Seattle we've had. My area scout came in and say he'd broke his foot so we put him on the back burner, but the area scout put together a tape and said you gotta see this. When I watched that I got chills up and down my arm. I remembered this guy playing WR when Cody Pickett was the QB. So we got that tape together with the other stuff and man. The scouts laugh at me because I'll stop the tape in mid-stride and say that this is my vision for the guy. He's certainly a very intriguing prospect. He was one of my favorite players on the board. He's a great kid. We've had him in here. He really impresses you as a young man. If football doesn't work out for this kid -- and I'm sure it will -- he would be a successful man on and off the field. Tremendous kid and athlete. There's no doubt in my mind that he's going to make the transition to receiver. We may have to use him as a QB at some point. As a returner as well. He's big and fast. He hasn't run yet, but there's no doubt he can fly.

The fact that he's been a QB at a big school in a big market is a good thing. The guy that he reminds me of is a guy that went to Florida State as a QB, Anquan Boldin. Look like that to you?

He's certainly faster than Anquan but he's got those type of moves, and he jumped out on tape like Boldin with his competitiveness. If you can put him in that category with Boldin, then you're really saying something about Stanback. When you're making a projecting you want to see something that makes you think he can do it. He can catch and do all those things. It's going to be a pretty easy transition for him.

He's not able to run yet?
He says he's been running. Not at full throttle. He's been running easy routes. We just need him for training camp. We don't need him for mini-camps. The doctors are saying let's take it slow. He's about 85-90 percent. He's got another week or so before that mini-camp, so he could be at full speed by then. The doctors are saying he'll be ready in time, so I believe them.

Running track at his size. He's 6'2" that's amazing. He doesn't run like a tall guy. You can just see him returning kicks.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1489004 said:
Well that's disappointing...

Maybe we can try him at right cornerback.

Yep.

Get used to seeing this in 2007...

http://i89.***BLOCKED***/albums/k215/eduncan22/th_Game162006AGlennbeatbyRoyWilliams.jpg

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Seriously...can't we ever get a break from these guys? There's always one...