Very disappointing

aria

Reaction score
Why do you have faith we can be a contender?
Because we’ve lost very close games to very good teams where one play by either team could have or did make the difference in the game. Unfortunately, there are games like yesterday that concern me a bit.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because we’ve lost very close games to very good teams where one play by either team could have or did make the difference in the game. Unfortunately, there are games like yesterday that concern me a bit.

We lost to good teams because we blew it. Teams we have more talent than.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Happy about watching the D almost lose this game? Happy we cant run? Only thing we have right now is DAK is playing out of his mind. Its ROMO 2.0 They wont win a damn thing with a D this bad
A quick rehash of Tackling 101 will remedy some of the problems. :laugh:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't start threads very much. But this has to be said.

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

I don't like it. It's not right.

Shame.

I do feel bad for them. We get guaranteed 16 weekends a year for this. A good team wins 10+. To waste a Sunday bemoaning a win is foolish to me. Yes, there’s a lot that needs to improve. Including all the coverage and return teams along with the middle of the defense. That’s what we’ll talk about in the lead up to the Pats. But wins are hard to come by. And there are other good teams like the Chiefs and the Rams in a similar position to the one we’re in now. After Thanksgiving, like we see every year, some good teams will start to make a push. Dallas has as good a chance as most of them to be in that group. Just sit back and try to enjoy the good games coming up. Why ruin it for yourself by pretending you know the outcome and pretending that outcome is bad?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
We can't run, defense is awful and special teams are bad. The only good thing is the passing game. Never going anywhere playing like this.
We're one dimensional and a good opposing DC will tear into our passing game sooner of later (esp in the playoffs). Our D also has holes with which a good opposing OC will take advantage of. Our only hope is that we maintain our health and by some miracle, our coaching staff will improve our run game and defensive inconsistencies. Oh by the way, and just as important, our special teams suk on a consistent basis.
We have a lot of improvement to do.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

Shame.
I could see them beating the pats.
Which makes me want to cry that I was AT the jets game.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Need Demarcus Lawrence to step up to beat New England. Need one of those strip sacks and like several 3 and outs for Brady in a row. Can’t let them get rolling picking up first downs.

Johnny23

Reaction score
When have the Jets beat Dallas. I’ll wait!

I could delete this but that would be cowardly. I looked it up, I’m way off. Looks like we lost to the Jets in 2011 and last beat the Patsies in the mid 90’s, ‘96 IIRC. Anyways, I think the Pats are more vulnerable this year than most other years.
They might be but they're still better coached than we are.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas controls their own destiny.
That's really all you can ask right now.

No excuses.
Get er done

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
True, but I honestly think the plays he was making with his legs made it harder on our D than Stafford's arm would. Honestly, I was pretty surprised at the throws Driskel was making too. I'd take him as a backup, no doubt.
But don't forget he was playing against our defense. You know the defense that made other wannabe QB's look like future HOFer's lol. Who can forget how good Colt McCoy looked against us yet horrible against other teams? I would bet that Driskel gets a shot at starting next year simply based on how well our defense made him look. When he does, he will look horrid.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Happy we won but realistic as to how the team is performing as a whole. Nothing that any reasonable person wouldn't do even if the next game wasn't against the greatest dynasty the NFL (& maybe all pro sports) has ever seen.

Baelzar

Reaction score
I'm a fan, dude. Not a cheerleader.

You won't see me clapping, smiling, and slapping a$$es after TWENTY FOUR YEARS of watching Jerruh run this team from a winning tradition into mediocrity and worse.

We lost to the f¿€king JETS. Not to mention the teams we'll have to beat if we even make the playoffs.

I grew up with the Cowboys, I'll never abandon them, but I haven't believed for a long time. They'll have to prove it.

Last edited:

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think most people just like to complain on here to be honest. They play madden and fantasy football and so they think they know football. This is not college ball. Every team in the NFL has talented players, the best in the world. No game is a cake walk. Everyone gets paid and most of the teams play very hard. A win is a win. PERIOD. There are no apologies for winning. Fans want blowouts and style points so they can go around and brag how they beat down some team. When that don't happen, they lose their mind.

Just this weekend: Steelers lost to a team with a losing record, The Vikings barely beat the Broncos by 4 and in the last few minutes, Carolina got blown out by a team with a losing record, the Ravens destroyed the Texans, the cards gave the 49ers all they wanted and took a last minute drive to win, even the all world Pats struggled against a team we blew out.

People need to relax and just enjoy the wins. Yes it wasn't perfect. Yes there is a lot that needs fixed but they won the game. Which really is all that matters.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Shame.

You are right. 25 years of false promises should not be enough to create skepticism.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am going to make a prediction. I have a very New Orleans Saints game a couple years ago tingle going on. Dallas is talented.

Prepare for the unexpected (expected).

LovinItAll

Reaction score
We're one dimensional and a good opposing DC will tear into our passing game sooner of later (esp in the playoffs). Our D also has holes with which a good opposing OC will take advantage of. Our only hope is that we maintain our health and by some miracle, our coaching staff will improve our run game and defensive inconsistencies. Oh by the way, and just as important, our special teams suk on a consistent basis.
We have a lot of improvement to do.

We aren't a one dimensional team. It was the run first mindset that got us where we are today. Opening up the passing attack adds a dimension. It doesn't negate the running game.

It's really very simple. For whatever reason, the Cowboys coaching staff continued to lean on Zeke regardless of his production. Now, if teams are willing to sell out and shut down Zeke, they've decided to let Dak determine our fate. That's bad news for opposing defenses, as Dak will pick them apart.

Our bigger issue is on defense. We can score 30+ against any team in the NFL. That's not going to work if we give up 35+. (To be clear, I'll take 30 points every game and the 12-4 or 13-3 record that would go with that).

We're going to be fine. Enjoy another great win that covered the spread.