Very disappointing

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
LOL "kid". Cute! But anyway....so why not cheer on our team...rather than root for Brady? Sorry I don't get it...but a holes will be a holes...under the guise of "better more objective fan" than me. Weirdos.

I’m not rooting for Brady, just trying to explain the obvious...

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Happy about watching the D almost lose this game? Happy we cant run? Only thing we have right now is DAK is playing out of his mind. Its ROMO 2.0 They wont win a damn thing with a D this bad
We can't run, defense is awful and special teams are bad. The only good thing is the passing game. Never going anywhere playing like this.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't start threads very much. But this has to be said.

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

I don't like it. It's not right.

Shame.
The team trash themselves by the way they play.......Let's see some wining consistency before we believe in them.

stiletto

Reaction score
So some people are erring toward the loss....I guess to protect their fragile feelings. And so they can tell everyone (how) "right" they were in a loss. No one brags about predicting a win.

Only a straight-up homer with no football knowledge would predict an easy win next week. It's much easier to analyze real facts and come to the conclusion that most likely the Cowboys will lose in NE next week; against a team that hasn't lost in a long time at home. Facts are stubborn things and usually lost on the blind and clueless (aka Fans who believe in their heart that the Cowboys will win every game). I would love a win but reality of the current play of the Cowboys defense, the advantage NE has in coaching, and NE's own amazing Defense points my opinion in another direction. It has nothing to do with "feelings". It has to do with real analysis and facts which seems to escape someone like you. Keep waving your pom-poms Pollyanna....

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I did not mean you ...just some people in general. You made a good point.

We have the talent to compete with anybody but we are coached to play checkers and the discipline is suspect at best...

Eightneight

Reaction score
Detroit is a scrappy team. They have been in almost every game they have played this year. It was a good win on the road. I'd take their back up qb any day over Rush. Dude played well today. Although.....I can't name a single player on their roster.

Beaker42

Reaction score

We just won a close game on the road in the conference to go 6-4 and stay in control of our division. And many people already want to look ahead to New England and say how we will lose. Like they just can't wait to trash our team.

Shame.
Well if they started looking line they should and could we’d be alright. We struggled to a 3-4-1 team playing a backup QB. We’re not very good right now.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

Shame.

the same characters do that so they can p4oclaim "told you" if we lose.

Reaction score
Dallas is a bad football team, Detroit is just a little worse is all.. The Patriots will have no issues at home with the Cowboys. Its nothing personal or spite, it's just reality.
Bad? At 6-4, which should have been 7-3, if not for terrible play calling at the end of the Vikings game?! The very fact that they have a 66.6 winning % tells me they're an above average team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t care about the spread, there were a lot of problems in this game that would have been a L with almost any other team. If they’re 30th in the league in defense and we were only favored by 7 that should say something in itself but I like your optimism. I still have faith in this team to make a run but today was not what I was expecting. They have a lot to clean up if they’re going to be a contender.

Why do you have faith we can be a contender?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Shame.

raw

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand threads like this. Most of us on here believed the Super Bowl talent sales pitch going into this season. At 3-0 it was fantastic but I’m sure more people had that nagging feeling of wanting to beat a team with a win to confirm what we wanted to believe.

Now we have 10 games to look at and we are still waiting for a win against a quality team. I personally want to feel confident that this team is a solid contender. Week after week we see the same problems. I love what Dak is doing but honestly what else is there to be excited for? They have shown nothing to inspire confidence that this season has potential. The defense seems to get worse every week, the O-line looks to be severely overrated and Zeke has shown no life in weeks.

A win next week and all that changes. But another loss to a winning team just adds to the list confirming this season is fools gold. Some say this team is inconsistent but it seems to me they are following a very predictable pattern. It is unreasonable to expect fans ignore the pattern and be happy with hopes and optimism. Every game from here on out until week 17 is against potential playoff teams and until the pattern changes, we have seen zero evidence that we can make a playoff push.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I honestly don’t understand threads like this. Most of us on here believed the Super Bowl talent sales pitch going into this season. At 3-0 it was fantastic but I’m sure more people had that nagging feeling of wanting to beat a team with a win to confirm what we wanted to believe.

Now we have 10 games to look at and we are still waiting for a win against a quality team. I personally want to feel confident that this team is a solid contender. Week after week we see the same problems. I love what Dak is doing but honestly what else is there to be excited for? They have shown nothing to inspire confidence that this season has potential. The defense seems to get worse every week, the O-line looks to be severely overrated and Zeke has shown no life in weeks.

A win next week and all that changes. But another loss to a winning team just adds to the list confirming this season is fools gold. Some say this team is inconsistent but it seems to me they are following a very predictable pattern. It is unreasonable to expect fans ignore the pattern and be happy with hopes and optimism. Every game from here on out until week 17 is against potential playoff teams and until the pattern changes, we have seen zero evidence that we can make a playoff push.

What else is there to be excited for? Hmm.....

If the only thing that matters is the team's W-L record, then yes, we have 4 losses that are very disappointing and have put us in sort of a middling position. While I understand that it's our record that determines our potential entry into the post-season, I've seen the season play out differently than some folks here:

- We lose by 2 to the Saints on the road. No shame in that. Prior to beating us, the Saints had beaten the Texans at home and the Seahawks on the road. They're a good team. It happens

- We spot the Packers 24 points and make it a game in the end. Had we made a missed FG earlier in the game, a score on our last drive into the red zone would've been to tie the game.

- We go down 21-3 to the Jets and end up making it a game as well. A missed 2 point conversion keeps us from tying the game.

- A missed FG earlier in the game means we're trying to score a TD to win it late instead of kicking a FG for the win. That was after spotting them 21 points.

Our offense is fine. Zeke is fine. The opposition's formula to key on Zeke and make Dak win the game is or will be over soon. After that, expect the running game to open up and Zeke will prove his value, though he already is by making team's over-commit to stopping the run and allowing Dak to have a stellar year throwing the ball.

Our defense? I don't know. I don't see the massive regression of 54 that so many see. In fact, Smith is having a decent year. I have no idea why they start so slowly. It has to be corrected, though. Quinn and Williams have been balling, and Lawrence is playing fine despite what some posters here believe.

What I'm saying is this: This team has been entertaining. Our offense is capable of roasting any team in the league, though don't expect it to happen every week. That isn't how the NFL works. If our defense gets it together, we'll become a tough out in the playoffs (if we make it there).

Keep the faith, brothers!

Noclaf

Reaction score
What else is there to be excited for? Hmm.....

If the only thing that matters is the team's W-L record, then yes, we have 4 losses that are very disappointing and have put us in sort of a middling position. While I understand that it's our record that determines our potential entry into the post-season, I've seen the season play out differently than some folks here:

- We lose by 2 to the Saints on the road. No shame in that. Prior to beating us, the Saints had beaten the Texans at home and the Seahawks on the road. They're a good team. It happens

- We spot the Packers 24 points and make it a game in the end. Had we made a missed FG earlier in the game, a score on our last drive into the red zone would've been to tie the game.

- We go down 21-3 to the Jets and end up making it a game as well. A missed 2 point conversion keeps us from tying the game.

- A missed FG earlier in the game means we're trying to score a TD to win it late instead of kicking a FG for the win. That was after spotting them 21 points.

Our offense is fine. Zeke is fine. The opposition's formula to key on Zeke and make Dak win the game is or will be over soon. After that, expect the running game to open up and Zeke will prove his value, though he already is by making team's over-commit to stopping the run and allowing Dak to have a stellar year throwing the ball.

Our defense? I don't know. I don't see the massive regression of 54 that so many see. In fact, Smith is having a decent year. I have no idea why they start so slowly. It has to be corrected, though. Quinn and Williams have been balling, and Lawrence is playing fine despite what some posters here believe.

What I'm saying is this: This team has been entertaining. Our offense is capable of roasting any team in the league, though don't expect it to happen every week. That isn't how the NFL works. If our defense gets it together, we'll become a tough out in the playoffs (if we make it there).

Keep the faith, brothers!
Sorry I lost faith about a decade ago, until they prove something my faith is gone

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's because the real goal of a coach, and what you want as a fan, is to see your team play to its potential. And this team hasn't even close to doing that except for one game out of 10.

Dallas was vastly more talented and healthy than their opponent, and they slopped their way to a close win late. Again. That's why people aren't satisfied.