Vic Fangio Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
Fangio bolted quickly and Miami let him go. It’s pretty clear his mind was on the Eagles job. He’s a Philly guy through and through and his family is there. His mind will be completely there.

quickccc

Reaction score
Oops there goes Dak Never could understand Fangios scheme
or Joe Barry's..?

Makes sense for Eagles in two senses.
1) his scheme has always gave NFC rival QB Dak fits
2) he's a reputed DC
3) and his 3-4 scheme would fit their best pass rusher in Reddick

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Something must be up there, and I am not sure his success is because of him. They went out to get major help on D, yet still lit up by every team not named the Cowboys it seems
The Broncos had 14 offensive drives in the game Miami put 70 on them. League average is around 7 drives. When you have an offense that works like Miami’s, your defensive cumulative stats are going to be bloated. That’s why almost always the best defenses are on run heavy teams that chew clock.

If you look at it at a per drive basis, it shows what Fangio was doing. With yards per play, Miami was 9th for the season despite their injuries. With % of drives that ended in scores, Miami was at 32.1%, which was also 9th. Dallas was at 32.0%. Miami the year before Fangio was at 37.5.%

He’s not a perfect defensive coordinator, but the people who are acting like we didn’t just improve today (possibly by a great deal) are out of their minds

TWOK11

Reaction score
For a guy so revered as a defensive genius, he sure has been fired by a bunch of franchises.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah with all that talent their D has! Total rebuild in the back 7 and outside of Reddick and Carter the Dline is old
Five of their top seven under 30 when next season starts, three of those five 25 or less. Not that old.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The Broncos had 14 offensive drives in the game Miami put 70 on them. League average is around 7 drives. When you have an offense that works like Miami’s, your defensive cumulative stats are going to be bloated. That’s why almost always the best defenses are on run heavy teams that chew clock.

If you look at it at a per drive basis, it shows what Fangio was doing. With yards per play, Miami was 9th for the season despite their injuries. With % of drives that ended in scores, Miami was at 32.1%, which was also 9th. Dallas was at 32.0%. Miami the year before Fangio was at 37.5.%

He’s not a perfect defensive coordinator, but the people who are acting like we didn’t just improve today (possibly by a great deal) are out of their minds
we, so you are an Iggles fan?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
The Killer Bees!!!
LOL I don't remember that one. I only go back to the 80s/middle 80s in Dan Marino was at the tail end of his career. A buddy of mine was a big Dolphins fan and he would come over to watch the games on my satellite dish which back then was great because all the channels were free. Things are vastly different now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

Since when does the playoffs start in October lol?

Can't help you. All I know is he signed a 2 week contract, and was there during the Eagles chiefs Super Bowl. Maybe he was there visiting? The whole reason he was going to sign with Philadelphia was because he was from Pennsylvania. I don't know what I don't know. I only know what the reporters reported. I watched many of the games that year when Dallas wasn't playing, and didn't hear the name Fangio until into the playoffs. No stories about it until in the playoffs. I live in the broadcasting range. It's all the talk about on the radio and TV is the Eagles. I used to listen to WIP radio when Jody McDowell worked there. That's how long ago it was. He was the resident cowboy fan, and a little easier to listen to than the diehard Eagle fans. Their DC was Gannon in 2022, and he said he wasn't going anywhere so Fangio signed with the Dolphins. They weren't both coaching the Eagles during the regular season I know that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Can't help you. All I know is he signed a 2 week contract, and was there during the Eagles chiefs Super Bowl. Maybe he was there visiting? The whole reason he was going to sign with Philadelphia was because he was from Pennsylvania. I don't know what I don't know. I only know what the reporters reported. I watched many of the games that year when Dallas wasn't playing, and didn't hear the name Fangio until into the playoffs. No stories about it until in the playoffs. I live in the broadcasting range. It's all the talk about on the radio and TV is the Eagles. I used to listen to WIP radio when Jody McDowell worked there. That's how long ago it was. He was the resident cowboy fan, and a little easier to listen to than the diehard Eagle fans. Their DC was Gannon in 2022, and he said he wasn't going anywhere so Fangio signed with the Dolphins. They weren't both coaching the Eagles during the regular season I know that.
That two week contract was with the Dolphins’ expressed permission as by that time he was under contract with Miami.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Yeah with all that talent their D has! Total rebuild in the back 7 and outside of Reddick and Carter the Dline is old
The d-line is old?
Brandon Graham (35) & Fletcher Cox (33) are the only guys in their 30’s
Reddick is 29 and everyone else is 26 and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.