Vick in Dog Training Classes

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
This would be off-topic except it's about Michael Vick - he's in dog training classes > http://thegrio.com/2013/03/05/is-michael-vick-attending-dog-training-classes-in-new-jersey/

About me: I've been in a number of animal rescue groups, have pets, so mistreating our four-leggeds has infuriated me when I hear it.

Still, I'm willing to forgive Vick if he is indeed sincere and turning a new leaf. I'm trusting Tony Dungy going to bat for him when he was trying to return to the NFL...don't think he would do it unless he thought Vick was serious about it.

I understand if some of you can't forgive him. It's obvious the dogs he killed are not coming back. :(

I've been on pet forums and obviously emotions can spike on a topic like this, to understate it.

If we are honest, there is probably at least one thing in our life we are not proud of - it may or may not be as bad as what Vick did, but I noticed on recent DUI threads it definitely touched nerves.

It's very, very easy online to text:

WORST. EVER.

BURN. IN. HELL.

etc, etc.

I never did or will ever condone what Vick did in the past.

What he does now can be helpful. Again nobody can bring back those dogs. :(

I believe in second chances. Most of us have done something we really are not proud of on some level.

All I ask of Vick is he's serious in his turnaround on treating dogs.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He tortured dogs for years. Threw little ones in pits for big ones to tear apart. Killed some personally.

THIS LASTED FOR YEARS.

That is not a mistake; that is a pattern of behavior.

Hope one of those dogs bite him.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
^ Totally understand the outrage.

Agreed - it was not a "mistake."

If anyone knows: Any links after Vick returned to the NFL that would indicate he's faking his remorse? That would change my mind on him.

arglebargle

Reaction score
burmafrd;5015665 said:
He tortured dogs for years. Threw little ones in pits for big ones to tear apart. Killed some personally.

THIS LASTED FOR YEARS.

Right on, Burm!

I have the PDF of the feds' report on Vick. It includes such wonderful stuff as him and his buddies drowning dogs in a bucket, and how they got a rush off things like that.

The fact that he could make tens of millions of dollars again makes the 'turn over a new leaf' automatically suspect, imo. This was a pattern of behavior; not a momentary, colossal screw up.

Personally, I think he's a stunted human being, and wouldn't trust him around kids or pets.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;5015665 said:

THIS LASTED FOR YEARS.

To me, there are certain acts that if you have the ability to commit, you have no redeeming value as a human being. It's not a mistake. It's simply what you are. A piece of bleep.

Vick falls into that category, IMO. The only thing he's sorry for is he got caught. It's in his best interest to repent and change.

I'd say the very same thing about Tony Romo if he was guilty of this. It's not a lets hate an Eagle thing. What he did only a low life scumbag could do.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Risen Star;5015697 said:
To me, there are certain acts that if you have the ability to commit, you have no redeeming value as a human being. It's not a mistake. It's simply what you are. A piece of bleep.

Vick falls into that category, IMO. The only thing he's sorry for is he got caught. It's in his best interest to repent and change.

I'd say the very same thing about Tony Romo if he was guilty of this. It's not a lets hate an Eagle thing. What he did only a low life scumbag could do.

Exactly.

Agreed 100%.

This is probably the best post I've seen on this topic, ever.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
This is like letting Big Ben run a high school cheerleading squad.

Stryker44

Reaction score
Wasn't he forbidden from owning dogs as part of the conditions of his release from jail?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Stryker44;5015709 said:
Wasn't he forbidden from owning dogs as part of the conditions of his release from jail?

Only while on probation.

He has since fulfilled his terms and can now own dogs. It was a big deal a while ago because there was some milkbones in a picture he tweeted. He pulled the picture, cropped it down to exclude the milkbones and then re-upped it.

Little did he know that anything that goes on the internet is pretty much there for eternity.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Risen Star;5015697 said:

Well said.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kristen82;5015786 said:
Once a psychopath, always a psychopath.

Ex-wives and ex-girlfriends everywhere provide evidence that this is true.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Find it particularly interesting that the "family dog" he picked is a german police dog.

Couldn't have gotten a lab or a smaller breed?

Frozen700

Reaction score
The fact he's on a rival team, you guys hate him more.

Relax, he did his time...all this "Burn in hell"... "he's not a human being"

Just cut it out, and move on.

The Natural

Reaction score
Good for Vick to continue his self-improvement. A lot of brothers dont get 2nd chances so I'm happy he's making the most of his.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Frozen700;5015946 said:
The fact he's on a rival team, you guys hate him more.

Relax, he did his time...all this "Burn in hell"... "he's not a human being"

Just cut it out, and move on.

NO. Why don't you go make excuses for him somewhere else?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Such a child of light that Vick.

Maybe he can get the Nobel peace prize soon.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
I remember last year the discussion on Josh Brent.

Live Vick, for years he has exercised poor judgement, not a "mistake."

Several arrests for DUI, then killed Jerry Brown.

Splitting hairs, he was not cruel and malicious, and he's a Cowboy, but does that separate him that much from Vick?

It's still killing and criminal (I know, Josh's trial has not happened, but don't think anyone can dispute what his driving did.)

I don't have to take names - some of you would give Josh Brent a second chance, but not Michael Vick.

Good luck on explaining why only one of these guys gets a break without being lame.