Vick unlikely to play against giants

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He is simply not as tough, or a competitor like Tony.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
fbaee5eee23f140.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If Romo had Vicks skillset I doubt he could've played either. Just sayin...

benson

Reaction score
I didnt need these facts to prove that hey isnt half the man Room is.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
wow so the midgets catch ANOTHER break.

how many can they get this year?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dboy214;4249212 said:
wow so the midgets catch ANOTHER break.

how many can they get this year?

Don't you just love watching Eli duck his head and throw it up for grabs week after week only to get bailed out by his receivers.

They have got to be the luckiest team in the NFL. Im so glad they have a tough schedule.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249172 said:

If Vick had Romo's skillset (accuracy, intelligence, toughness, not leaving games due to a bruised pinky), I doubt he wouldn't be playing. Just sayin...

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
if he was one of his dogs, he would have gotten shot already.

dboy214

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;4249215 said:
Don't you just love watching Eli duck his head and throw it up for grabs week after week only to get bailed out by his receivers.

They have got to be the luckiest team in the NFL. Im so glad they have a tough schedule.

bailed out by the refs too.

i wonder if coughlin's constant berating of the refs actually influences their decisions.

i mean we can't get a holding call for the life of us, yet every time i turn to the Giants game they are getting some fluke penalty called for them.

shockandroll

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4249160 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/16/report-vick-unlikely-to-face-giants/

If this is true then he is a big wuss. Can't wait to see what all the "analysts" say

I think it's more that his game relies on running, if you know he can't run, he's not near the same threat as a passer because the rush can treat him like a pocket passer.

I think it was dumb for Romo to play the first game or two but at least he can be a pocket passer, Vick just ain't. What was the point of signing Young if you're gonna make Vick play with busted ribs?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249172 said:

That has to be the lamest excuse I've heard in awhile. It's not what Vick CAN do, it's what he CAN'T do. It's not that Romo doesn't have Vick's skillset, it's that Vick doesn't have Romo's skillset.

Romo's skillset allows him to...

a) Play with broken ribs

b) Win with broken ribs

Vick's skillset allows him to..

a) Sit down with broken ribs

b) Watch his team lose because he's sitting down with broken ribs.

And let's face it, all of the Vick supporters have sworn up and down that he is a very effective pocket passer. But you can't have it both ways. Because if he truly is an effective pocket passer, he could alter his game and stay in the pocket more and protect his ribs. Or he's a puss because he can't handle the pain in the way that Romo did. You decide.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
cowboys2233;4249280 said:
That has to be the lamest excuse I've heard in awhile. It's not what Vick CAN do, it's what he CAN'T do. It's not that Romo doesn't have Vick's skillset, it's that Vick doesn't have Romo's skillset.

Romo's skillset allows him to...

a) Play with broken ribs

b) Win with broken ribs

Vick's skillset allows him to..

a) Sit down with broken ribs

b) Watch his team lose because he's sitting down with broken ribs.

And let's face it, all of the Vick supporters have sworn up and down that he is a very effective pocket passer. But you can't have it both ways. Because if he truly is an effective pocket passer, he could alter his game and stay in the pocket more and protect his ribs. Or he's a puss because he can't handle the pain in the way that Romo did. You decide.

It's not an excuse it's a reality.

Romo doesn't purposely put his body on the line game after game like Vick does.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249285 said:
It's not an excuse it's a reality.

Romo doesn't purposely put his body on the line game after game like Vick does.
Because he doesn't have to. He's can throw the ball.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
CATCH17;4249172 said:

What is this? A Met Life commercial? We don't care about "if." We care about what is. And Vick is a weeny.

hlh_8728

Reaction score
They said that he broke his ribs early in the 1st quarter but does anyone actually believe that? He didn't seem hurt for most of them game until he took a hard helmet shot to the ribs in the 4th quarter and he briefly came out of the game before throwing the clinching int. Seems to me Vick is saying he just hid his injury and played through it to sound tough when the likely reality is that he was a little beat up but got hurt at the end and didn't wanna seem like a pansy so he said he played with broken ribs the whole game.