Vick unlikely to play against giants

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249285 said:
It's not an excuse it's a reality.

Romo doesn't purposely put his body on the line game after game like Vick does.

and that is what happens when a QB runs like a RB he is going to take the shots that go with it. Works great in college and at times even in the Pros but you will end up paying for it at this level.

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
CATCH17;4249285 said:
It's not an excuse it's a reality.

Romo doesn't purposely put his body on the line game after game like Vick does.

Vick's injuries this year have come from getting sacked in the pocket, not from scrambling around like he stole something from Dillards.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Philadelphia's next loss will be their seventh. Unless one thinks that 9-7 buys a ticket to the dance (my own view is that it's unlikely that it does), this basically means that their season boils down to Sunday's game. If Vick can't muster the intestinal fortitude to fight through some pain in those circumstances he should just retire.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4249160 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/16/report-vick-unlikely-to-face-giants/

If this is true then he is a big wuss. Can't wait to see what all the "analysts" say

I wouldn't call anybody a wuss with broken ribs, and how may ribs have you broken????

I've broken four at different times in my life and you have no idea the pain, its not like a broken arm, just breathing and movement causes serious pain, and it also depends on which ribs are broken..

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Great news for the eagles..........:cool:

cowboys2233

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4249330 said:
I wouldn't call anybody a wuss with broken ribs, and how may ribs have you broken????

I've broken four at different times in my life and you have no idea the pain, its not like a broken arm, just breathing and movement causes serious pain, and it also depends on which ribs are broken..

It's that last part that I'm sure the Vick apologists will cling to, that the ribs that Vick broke are far more painful than the one that Romo broke.

Of course, it's all B.S. -- I would even go so far as to question whether his ribs are really broken. Seems convenient, given that Romo's ribs made such headlines. Show me the x-rays and then I'll believe.

Flinger

Reaction score
Normally, I would say "Just put em' down like he did his dogs", but then I forgot - he doesn't even have a punctured lung...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Flinger;4249336 said:
Normally, I would say "Just put em' down like he did his dogs", but then I forgot - he doesn't even have a punctured lung...

That didn't prevent Vick from killing his dogs. He killed his dogs because they didn't want to fight. It seems pretty obvious that Vick no longer wants to fight, so...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249342 said:
That might be a positive for them.

No, probably not. But this should finish the Eagles off once and for all. Just a shame that the Giants get such an easy victory out of it, it would have been nice if they actually had to work for it.

Seven

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4249330 said:

Did you hear yourself? And cry baby "I'm getting hit everytime I throw the ball" Vick, played almost the entire game??? Yeah. Right.

I'm callin B.S.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Seven;4249348 said:
Did you hear yourself? And cry baby "I'm getting hit everytime I throw the ball" Vick, played almost the entire game??? Yeah. Right.

I'm callin B.S.

This is just so awesome. I wonder how Nnamdi Arse-Am-Wah feels now? Thought he was making a great decision, going to a "stable, well-run" franchise and getting coached by the "great" Andy Reid.

Whoops. Have fun playing out that long term contract while your team goes through total upheaval. Hope you like your next coach. :laugh2:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249215 said:
Don't you just love watching Eli duck his head and throw it up for grabs week after week only to get bailed out by his receivers.

They have got to be the luckiest team in the NFL. Im so glad they have a tough schedule.

THIS...Every game i watch i see Eli just throw the ball up and hope and pray his WR comes down with it. The bad thing is (now, luck) the wr or TE is catching it (i guess because the guy in coverage is not turning to see the ball). IDK if that will work vs the eagles secondary, the bad thing is the eagles can't stop thfe run. The giants might run for 200+ vs the eagles. If vick doesn't play and they have to start vince young or kafka:eek: then this game could get outta hand by half time. And we all know the eagles defense isn't built to stop a team with a lead because of the wide 9 crap. It will be run city.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4249351 said:
This is just so awesome. I wonder how Nnamdi Arse-Am-Wah feels now? Thought he was making a great decision, going to a "stable, well-run" franchise and getting coached by the "great" Andy Reid.

Whoops. Have fun playing out that long term contract while your team goes through total upheaval. Hope you like your next coach. :laugh2:

this is what i was thinking. How funny would it be if we win the division and make it deep into the playoffs (hopefully the superbowl) while the eagles are sitting at home with a top 10 pick....:laugh2:. Good decision Nnamdi:laugh1:

Seven

Reaction score
cowboys2233;4249351 said:

Now they've got Jackson wrecking the locker room with the "I decided I want more money" schtick.

Did the management NOT see this was going to happen by paying new faces millions and millions of dollars? Especially with the likes of Jackson on this team?? Guess who's gonna be next........

For the record....I don't wish broken ribs on anyone. I'd much rather sit back and watch Vick ruin his over-rated self........himself. The dude's in over his head.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
CATCH17;4249172 said:
If Romo had Vicks skillset I doubt he could've played either. Just sayin...

Vick cant throw, but he can run... Is that what you mean?

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Seven;4249357 said:
Now they've got Jackson wrecking the locker room with the "I decided I want more money" schtick.

Did the management NOT see this was going to happen by paying new faces millions and millions of dollars? Especially with the likes of Jackson on this team?? Guess who's gonna be next........

For the record....I don't wish broken ribs on anyone. I'd much rather sit back and watch Vick ruin his over-rated self........himself. The dude's in over his head.

Personally, I believe that there is no way Desean Jackson goes back to that team. They jilted him on a new contract, it seems pretty obvious the team is going to be blown up, no idea who the next HC is going to be, and they clearly do not have a QB who is going to stay healthy for any extended period of time. I could see him going to a team like San Fran, a team who has a great HC, a team that is clearly on the rise, and a team that could use a top-flight WR. And since Jackson went to Cal State, I'm guessing he's from that area? Who knows?