Video: Cooley's TD catch with Replay

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hostile;1777243 said:
What about the people who just want to tip their hat to the Commanders for a well run play? We don't exist huh?

I forgot, I'm a "Roy homer." Oh wait, now it's "Roy lover."

Forget it. Enjoy your agenda.
When did a differing opinion become an agenda? When did saying someone isn't perfect become hate? Is this just a product of internet forums or do some of you guys actually talk like this in a normal conversation? Hard to believe guys stand around the water cooler on Monday mornings accusing each other of agendas. :rolleyes:

What is the most overused idiot *** word on internet forums, agenda or hate?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40;1780523 said:
When did a differing opinion become an agenda? When did saying someone isn't perfect become hate? Is this just a product of internet forums or do some of you guys actually talk like this in a normal conversation? Hard to believe guys stand around the water cooler on Monday mornings accusing each other of agendas. :rolleyes:

What is the most overused idiot *** word on internet forums, agenda or hate?

http://img206.*************/img206/4168/clap3dkkv2bo3.gif

Bravo. You're not alone in this observation.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Rack;1779984 said:
You're completely missing something here.

If someone goes into Newman's zone (short) then he (Newman) has to leave the WR that's going deep. If Roy is lined up way inside, that's an easy long TD every...single...time.

...what you are thinking is if Portis breaks through the line drawing Ware's coverage and Cooley breaks short and to the sideline after engaging with James that Newman should let his guy go deep and drop into the short zone Cooley has just entered.

This is what I would do...leave Roy shaded deeper in at the start of the snap let him blend/drift into the hash mark while seeing the play set up. At least he has a moving start to the sideline if needed and let Carpenter or Burnett play some of those nickel/dime packages when you are up by two scores to prevent a guy like Campbell from getting easy throws.

I guess my point is that when the Cowboys are late in the 4th up by two scores guys who can cover a pass are more important than run stoppers. If the Skins wanted to try and exploit the substitution of Carpenter/Burnett for James let them have it.

Runs up the middle can consume time when the game clock is ticking down. Play the averages and get the personnel who can defend the type of play that can hurt you.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
SMCowboy;1780100 said:
First off, its needs to be said, that when you are in a cover two, the ONE area that it IS weak, and can be beat is by the TE running a post pattern. Luckily their are only a handful of TE's in the league that actually can run a post pattern decent enough to be a threat. Unfortunately for us, we face two of them twice a year. That said, it can be and is SUPPOSED to be defensed better than we did on that play. The CORRECT way to defense the play is for the Safety to have outside coverage on the TE and the LB to have underneath coverage, requiring a perfect pass by the QB to the inside to get the completion.

On that play, BOTH Roy Williams AND Brady James messed up, Roy bit outside when he shouldn't have and that took away his chance of getting the pass breakup, and Brady James did not drop deep enough on the play to make the throw very difficult and make it at least appear to be covered. That said, the pass looked good enough that even had the defenders been in perfect position, I am not sure that it could have been stopped.

Their is a reason that we run the same play against other teams all the time, when run correctly, and the defense is in a cover 2 defense, the play is impossible to truly stop with a good throw by the QB. All you can hope to do is make the throw difficult on the QB.

Dead solid perfect.

Players just have to know when to drop back further and we don't seem to do that well. The safety play is not championship at times. Neither is the LB pass coverage or all the CBs except Newman. JMO.

Still we are 9-1.

And RW has to play safety. It's hard to hide when people have already found you. However, there was a time when teams picked on Reeves. If Roy and the team can adjust then they will pick on someone else.

We just need better safety and CB play. I don't care how they achieve that. I don't have any other agenda except I'd like to win a SB. I'm getting old enough I'm not sure I'll make another decade.

Thank God we are 9-1. We should make the playoffs.