Video: Did Crayton give up on his route for the possible game winning catch?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1905012 said:
Crayton has betrayed his teammates, his coaches, and us fans. I dont mind mistakes as long as you are trying. What I cannot tolerate is quiting.

I would probably eat the $5 million and cut his arse if I was the coach. I know it is not the smart thing to do, but sometimes you have to send a message.:mad:

I am not trying to be dense here, but how did he betray his teamates.

Yes, the guy sucked arse last night but I am pretty nobody wanted Patrick Crayton to catch those two balls more than Patrick Crayton.

The guy just needs to be quiet and know his roll.

I tell you, it is a very very thin line between Love and Hate.

If Patrick Crayton catches the dropped past and doesn't stop short on his route and catches the game winning TD, nobody would care what he said.

Personally, I want he to STHU no matter how he plays on the field.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1905014 said:
I forget what play it was but Tony Romo actually got into somebody's grill late in the game. It was a lineman, but I can't remember who it was.

He was PO'ed. I think it was false start or something.

Romo is a better man than me, I would have thrown everybody under the bus in my post game comments.

Press: So Tony, what happened there in the 2nd half?

Romo: Well, we have a center that cant shotgun snap, Osi was flat out raping my LT, and everybody else thought it was sharades and pretended to be turnstiles.

Also a particular receiver got tired and quit during a play that would have been the game winner.

Next question......

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1905018 said:
I am not trying to be dense here, but how did he betray his teamates.

Yes, the guy sucked arse last night but I am pretty nobody wanted Patrick Crayton to catch those two balls more than Patrick Crayton.

The guy just needs to be quiet and know his roll.

I tell you, it is a very very thin line between Love and Hate.

If Patrick Crayton catches the dropped past and doesn't stop short on his route and catches the game winning TD, nobody would care what he said.

Personally, I want he to STHU no matter how he plays on the field.

ITS CALLED QUITING, SOMETHING CRAYTON NOW HAS IN COMMON WITH MOSS.:mad:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1905028 said:
Romo is a better man than me, I would have thrown everybody under the bus in my post game comments.

Press: So Tony, what happened there in the 2nd half?

Romo: Well, we have a center that cant shotgun snap, Osi was flat out raping my LT, and everybody else thought it was sharades and pretended to be turnstiles.

Also a particular receiver got tired and quit during a play that would have been the game winner.

Next question......

I disagree.

That would be a horrible way to approach it, especially since Tony Romo left some yards on the field, due to holding on to the ball and taking sacks and he missed Terrell Owens wide open for a TD.

He didn't need to go the Peyton Manning "Let's just say we had some protection problems" route. Although, if I am not mistaken, the next year the Colts won the Super Bowl :D .

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1902500 said:
I had no idea that some people thought that Patrick Crayton slowed down on his route, which could have been the game winning catch.

Maybe he's suffering from Ijustgotpaidlikeroywilliamsitis.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Not only does he slow up. He slows up so the defender can catch up to him.

That was touchdown city.

How the heck are you not prepared for that one? :eek:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think it was a combo

Crayton pulled a hesitation and did not run through the rout and a Romo maybe gunned it in there too hard, overthrow. Had the pass more air, touch its an easy TD or PI. Looks like Romo was pressing a tad there.

And Why 3-11 and 4-11 are we throwing into end zone?

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Nors;1905285 said:
I think it was a combo

Crayton pulled a hesitation and did not run through the rout and a Romo maybe gunned it in there too hard, overthrow. Had the pass more air, touch its an easy TD or PI. Looks like Romo was pressing a tad there.

4th and 11 with 16 seconds left. Anything in the field of play probably ends the game. He had to go to the endzone.

The 3rd down pass was barely overthrown, with Crayton slowing down. That's all on Crayton.

sbark

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1905014 said:
I forget what play it was but Tony Romo actually got into somebody's grill late in the game. It was a lineman, but I can't remember who it was.

He was PO'ed. I think it was false start or something.

I was either Kosier or Gurode.....a stunt play in middle of line....let a DT come free right up the middle, very quickly.........

Was that the Play he had Austin wide open deep...........??

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1905285 said:

4th we had to with no timeouts.
3rd, only because Romo saw Crayton beat his guy.

What I want to know is with the game on the line and one final play, why go over the middle to a double covered Glenn? If I have one pass for all the money I at least throw it to Owens, even if he was only 50-60%. He couldn't have been covered any more than Glenn was, let alone the fact Glenn hadn't played all year.

Romo made alot of rookie like mistakes down the stretch in this pressure game. There were many more at fault than him, but he didn't come up big when we needed him the most.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bach;1905323 said:
4th we had to with no timeouts.
3rd, only because Romo saw Crayton beat his guy.

What I want to know is with the game on the line and one final play, why go over the middle to a double covered Glenn? If I have one pass for all the money I at least throw it to Owens, even if he was only 50-60%. He couldn't have been covered any more than Glenn was, let alone the fact Glenn hadn't played all year.

Romo made alot of rookie like mistakes down the stretch in this pressure game. There were many more at fault than him, but he didn't come up big when we needed him the most.

The most depressing part of the Game ending pick was the angle behind Romo where they show him just chucking it into what appeared triple coverage.

In his defense the Flo penalty set up that whole debacle. I'd have rather seen more high % mid range passes than chucking into end zone there. Get Witten and Barber the ball some.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Every time I see it my stomach churns up.

Man,if he kept running an easy catch:bang2::bang2::bang2:

There's no way he had money on the game, nah, but man it sure came into my mind with his two screw ups.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1905341 said:
The most depressing part of the Game ending pick was the angle behind Romo where they show him just chucking it into what appeared triple coverage.

In his defense the Flo penalty set up that whole debacle. I'd have rather seen more high % mid range passes than chucking into end zone there. Get Witten and Barber the ball some.

I agree that final play was just a flat out horrible decision on romo's part. Very depressing to say the least.

Nexx

Reaction score
on the last drive.. where were the out patterns we used against the bills to move the ball into field goal range in the final drive?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Nexx;1905413 said:
on the last drive.. where were the out patterns we used against the bills to move the ball into field goal range in the final drive?
I know man 11 yards!

CPonder14

Reaction score
Nors;1905285 said:
I think it was a combo

Had Crayton simply ran through his route, and not hesitated, the Ball and him would have met in the end zone.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Nors;1905285 said:
I think it was a combo

Honestly-my thoughts on that last drive, whether or not we would have scored, was..."I'm NOT sure if we'll beat the Packers in the NFCCG".

Seriously-not that I give up on my team, but for a game of that BIG of a magnitude, I was shocked how emotionally flat and mistake prone we were. That bad Crayton mistake right there was only a drop in the bucket.