VIDEO: Drew Henson week 3 NFL EL passing plays

Little Jr

Reaction score
I never can figure out how to get the video from this site.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Little Jr said:
I never can figure out how to get the video from this site.

There's a little box that pops up in front of the "Countdown" thing when the download is ready (it hides the download thing). You have to close that box, and the "click to download" deal is behind it.

Rudy

Reaction score
Man, I wish I would have known you did this before i just spent the past hour combing through the Tivo'd recording I have of it!

Little Jr

Reaction score
Rack said:
There's a little box that pops up in front of the "Countdown" thing when the download is ready (it hides the download thing). You have to close that box, and the "click to download" deal is behind it.

Thanks. I guess I have to another player. For some reason I get the sound but not the video.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Wierd how in the third quarter it was 17-10, then at the end of the video it said it was 10-10.

Some how the Fire lost a TD. :D

Nachos

Reaction score
Thank you very much for allowing all of us to see Henson's development. I appreciate you efforts!!!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Little Jr said:
Thanks. I guess I have to another player. For some reason I get the sound but not the video.

It is probably an .avi file. Go to divx.com and download their plugin - it should make it viewable.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Damn. I was downloading it - when I got to 72 percent, my connection went crazy. When I go back to try again, it says I exceeded my bandwidth.

Uncool

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Drew on a 1-10 scale was a 5 IMO.....not overally impressed .......and I was a big Henson backer......starting to believe I made a mistake Zoners

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Drew on a 1-10 scale was a 5 IMO.....not overally impressed .......and I was a big Henson backer......starting to believe I made a mistake Zoners
Hmmmm...just when I'm starting to think you didn't make one. This was a much better defense than they played last week. His receivers were not getting open a lot and there was a strong rush from the blind side. But Drew for his part looked pretty good I thought. I like his mobility for a guy 6'4", he throws well on the run, he was moving well in the pocket and his throws were accurate. He tried to go deep but his receivers were not getting open and he was throwing it away for the most part.

These last two games are the first time I have seen him play where I thought he was starting to show signs of making a QB. He had the one dropped snap but he recovered that and kept his poise. And he had the one fumble when he was hit from the blindside just as he was about to throw; that is just going to happen sometimes. But for the most part he showed pretty good pocket awareness.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Hmmmm...just when I'm starting to think you didn't make one. This was a much better defense than they played last week. His receivers were not getting open a lot and there was a strong rush from the blind side. But Drew for his part looked pretty good I thought. I like his mobility for a guy 6'4", he throws well on the run, he was moving well in the pocket and his throws were accurate. He tried to go deep but his receivers were not getting open and he was throwing it away for the most part.

These last two games are the first time I have seen him play where I thought he was starting to show signs of making a QB. He had the one dropped snap but he recovered that and kept his poise. And he had the one fumble when he was hit from the blindside just as he was about to throw; that is just going to happen sometimes. But for the most part he showed pretty good pocket awareness.
After seeing these clips I tend to agree with you. The passing numbers aren't as impressive, the effort shown looks fairly good.

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I don't know what you guys are looking for. I saw pocket presense. Ability throw short, medium and on the run. Deep balls are real close, but as somebody else said in an earlier thread, it depends a lot on the receiver. As I remember, Mr. Aikman was no great deep passer, but we won a few games anyway.

As for his misses. He had at least three drops, four throw aways when nobody was open and three or four incomplete when he was hit while throwing.

Fumble was bad, but he was no Chutch.

I thought overall, he moved around well to find an open lane, hit receivers on target when he had time, and found secondary receivers when the first was covered.

He wasn't Peyton Manning on a good day, but what do you expect when Zuriel Smith may be your best receiver?

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
Oops!! I forgot the most important thing!!

Thanks, theebs. You da man!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
The INT was a bad play as he should not have thrown to someone that tightly covered. Those two long passes were flat out BAD- rainbows that WILL be picked in the NFL. BUT on the other hand the short and medium stuff was good- and he was VERY good on the short slants- threw them low and to where only the receiver had a chance at it. Good mobility and good pocked presence. 7, maybe 8 more games to go. So we should have a good read on him by the end of NFLE season.