Video: Drew Hensons week 2 passes NFLEL

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
i downloaded the divx but i dont see where to download this video at on that site

btcutter

Reaction score
That is awesome!

I noticed that Drew throws 3/4 most of the time except when he's going long or screen. His ball tend to sail abit on him which can be a concern when he throws down the middle. He may also have problem with batted balls but then Doug Flutie and Drew Bree can play in this league so can he.

If he can play like this consistently, he's got a shot in the NFL.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Thank you.

Drew does two things I've noticed.

Throws the check down and Stares his WR down the whole time, or so it seems.

I still see improvment from week 1.

aznhalf

Reaction score
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Appreciate your effort! You're a life saver for those of us who don't have the NFL Network.

Thanks!

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Encore said:
Thank you.

Drew does two things well.

I still see lots of improvment.

...of work. It's very obvious where he is going with the ball and he looks awkward. His arm motion is very "baseball" with the arm whip. As a poster earlier stated his throws sail high and the 3/4 delivery is back with a vengeance.

He can keep the poor mechanics as log as he is able to improve on his recognition skills and not lock onto one receiver.

I suspect that he may have the worst play action motin in all of professional football. No defensive player will ever fall the weak attempt at a fake handoff this guy shows.

Long ways to go based on the two weeks I saw so far. Hopefully he can climb the mountain. I'm beginning to see why Payton and Parcells may have been uniterested.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Encore said:
Thank you.

Drew does two things well.

I still see lots of improvment.

Staring down a WR is a BAD thing.....other than that I agree.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Yeah his throwing motion is strange, but he gets the ball there usually. The only thing i'm worried about is his passes going high sometimes. But the guy has a rocket for an arm, and he has great awareness in the pocket. He also has pretty good mobility, and seems to find his target quickly, and get rid of the ball timely.

Next week, I'd like to see some deep balls completed. Nice job in the video theebs.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Staring down a WR is a BAD thing.....other than that I agree.

Correct.

For some reason I put staring down a WR was a good thing. :bang2:

I've fixed that now.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
everyone said Bernie Kosar's delivery was wierd, didn't seem to hinder him much, as long as it gets there quickly is all that matters

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Only saw him make two bad decisions.

1. The TD pass to Zuriel. He had a guy open in the right flat at the beginning of the play. The pass itself wasn't a bad decision (he threw it where only the WR could catch it), but not throwing to the first option when he was open was a bad decision.

2. The quick out that was almost INT'd.

Not many bad passes either. The pass for the 2pt conversion was off. He has the guy open.

Looked comfortable out there though, and that's the most important thing IMO.