VIDEO: Jason Hatcher highlights

JPM

Reaction score
Blast I'm blocked from that site at work. I'll just have to wait until I get home.

Thanks WG

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Just got a chance to watch that all the way through.

Wow! He is an impressive looking big man.

I have NO idea why there were any negative comments earlier in this thread about his performance at the Combine. I take it whoever made those comments doesn't watch the Combine coverage every year. Hatcher was no more nervous acting than anyone else. That 40 yard dash could be the single-most important sprint a player ever makes. He was running for his professional future. Everyone is hyped up about that run.

His performance in the agility drills was extremely impressive to me. I mean, do you have any idea how many people in the world, that size, can move their bodies like that?! Now I see why Parcells has the "only so many in the world" philosophy when it comes to big, fast defenders.

It is very easy to see what the scouts and teams liked about Hatcher. Sure he needs some refinement, but his athletic ability, his toughness and his physical style of play taking down those ball carriers and QBs is the stuff that makes me excited to see him on our young, aggressive 3-4 defense!!

Thanks so much WG, for the great video.

fldude2k1

Reaction score
I converted it to a lower quality wmv that weighs in at 33 megs. I'll put it up on youtube.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Just got a chance to watch that all the way through.

Wow! He is an impressive looking big man.

I have NO idea why there were any negative comments earlier in this thread about his performance at the Combine. I take it whoever made those comments doesn't watch the Combine coverage every year. Hatcher was no more nervous acting than anyone else. That 40 yard dash could be the single-most important sprint a player ever makes. He was running for his professional future. Everyone is hyped up about that run.

His performance in the agility drills was extremely impressive to me. I mean, do you have any idea how many people in the world, that size, can move their bodies like that?! Now I see why Parcells has the "only so many in the world" philosophy when it comes to big, fast defenders.

It is very easy to see what the scouts and teams liked about Hatcher. Sure he needs some refinement, but his athletic ability, his toughness and his physical style of play taking down those ball carriers and QBs is the stuff that makes me excited to see him on our young, aggressive 3-4 defense!!

Thanks so much WG, for the great video.
I agree, CA. Hatcher looks like a real athlete who happens to weigh 290, not just a big guy who can move a little bit better than average.

And you know a player from a smaller program is going to benefit tremendously from a Parcells NFL conditioning program... He should make even bigger gains than a guy from a huge NCAA football factory.

We might have really hit on something here. :)

Hater

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Grambling played any teams this year with legit pro prospect tackles, and if so, how he performed in those games?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hater said:
Does anyone know if Grambling played any teams this year with legit pro prospect tackles, and if so, how he performed in those games?

Well if you notice in this thread, and in the video too, he played against Washington State. Probably thats the only team I would guess with legitimate pro-prospects if any.

Either way, from TC, rookie report, he has dominated the guys in TC, and since those guys are in pros, I guess that means he dominated pro-level guys. It will be interesting to see him against Flozell adams of the world. I am sure he wont have much success this coming camp, especially.

But future sure seems bright for this guy, if what we see on video will translate to NFL level. Especially with NFL level training.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Well if you notice in this thread, and in the video too, he played against Washington State. Probably thats the only team I would guess with legitimate pro-prospects if any.

Everyone loves to blabber on and on about quality of competition.

Sonoma State play anyone of any significance?

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Ok? You know someone who Hatcher played against is a pro-football prospect? If not your point makes no sense to me here about blabber? Since Hatcher is/was pro-prospect, and he is from small college, the point has already been made about pro-prospects coming from small schools.

Heck, the school I went to, Texas A&M at kingsville has had players like Darrel Green etc. not counting current players in NFL, including OL players. So its not a question about whether quality might exist in that level, that can succeed in NFL level. The guy was asking if anyone here knew of anyone that Hatcher played against is considered a NFL level talent, on OL. If you know someone, then I guess post it, everyone here would like to know.

If not, I am not sure you're making any sense here.

Hater

Reaction score
Alexander said:

That makes absolutely no sense.

All I'm saying is that it's harder to grade players from 1-AA schools because they are playing against physically inferior players than they will face in the NFL. Even though the SEC or Big-10 isn't the same level of competition as the NFL, you can get a better idea of what a DE is going to do in the NFL if you watch him play against an ACC tackle who got taken on the 1st day of the draft, than if you are watching a DE play against a 1-AA no name. I thought that was pretty obvious but I guess not.

I'm not saying Hatcher's highlights are meaningless, I was just seeing if anyone here could shed some insight into how he fares against higher-caliber competition.

VoR

Reaction score
Dough Boy said:
Thanks Dub-G.

My thoughts. This is the first I've seen Hatcher. Actually, I'd never heard of him until we drafted him.

Negatives
* Raw techniques wise.
* No consistency from snap to snap
:laugh2:
How in the world can somebody get "no consistency" from a friggin HIGHLIGHT video???
You know, highlight videos only have good plays from a player.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Can someone throw this clip on a server as a windows media file?

Maybe an admin can put it available for download on this site as a more common file type.

Hater

Reaction score
VoR said:
:laugh2:
How in the world can somebody get "no consistency" from a friggin HIGHLIGHT video???
You know, highlight videos only have good plays from a player.

I think he was referring to Hatcher's technique.. there are a few plays where he stands straight up and dances around with the OT without really penetrating into the pocket, and then pressure from the opposite side flushes the QB towards Hatcher where he then makes the play.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sadams said:
Can someone throw this clip on a server as a windows media file?

Maybe an admin can put it available for download on this site as a more common file type.
I used Windows Media to play it, even tho it's a divx file, if that helps... After you download it, open Windows Media, then open the file to play. I tested that several times before putting it on rapidshare...

Also, fldude2k1 put it on youtube for you guys. It's a 33 mb wmv file. Not sure how it plays, since I haven't downloaded it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkxQTkkl4-8

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Wimbo said:
Chose the "Free" download. It takes you to a page with a 60 second countdown, which you have to wait for unless you want to pay for member ship. Once the 60 secs tick off, you have to type the multicolored letters/numbers into the box on the middle right. Then the download starts.
Thanks wg.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought one of the more impressive things about his play in the highlights was the way he used his hands to shed blocks against the running game. He did not allow offensive linemen to tie him up and recognized and reacted quickly, for the most part, to the run.

He also showed a real good burst to chase down plays or get after the quarterback.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Realist said:
I wish rapid share was a little more difficult to use.

a talking ad came through my popup blocker and started hawking stupid surveys. i closed it out immediatey.