VIDEO: Jason Hatcher highlights

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Hatcher's play was very pleasing to the eyes. However, there were about 17 different totally disgusting uniforms. Their conference needs a new uni designer or something. I've never seen so much ugliness.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hater said:
That makes absolutely no sense.

It makes sense to me. He was just referring to Larry Allen.

Jason Hatcher may not have played against what some consider quality competition, but sometimes that really doesn't matter. If you've got skills, you'll get there eventually.

MACHIAVELLI

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Wanna say thanks to Machiavelli from the Grambling Fan Website for sending me the DVD of Hatcher's highlights.

I am glad you guys enjoyed the highlights. At the 5:20 mark of the dvd That is Jason against 2nd round pick from the Vikings QB Tavarius Jackson.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MACHIAVELLI said:
I am glad you guys enjoyed the highlights. At the 5:20 mark of the dvd That is Jason against 2nd round pick from the Vikings QB Tavarius Jackson.
Thank you very much for getting it to us. Who is #87? He and Hatcher seemed to meet at the QB now and then?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Wanna say thanks to Macchiavelli from the Grambling State board for sending me the DVD of Hatcher's highlights.

**DISCLAIMER**
This is my first effort at doing this. I'm a true rookie at this kinda stuff. so if it doesn't work, maybe one of the video gurus can help out. It's been converted from DVD to mpg to divx. It was the only way I could reduce the size of the file. I'm gonna try to load it on youtube later. But I'm still waiting on a confirmation email.

-----------
Anyway, it's a 10:30 min divx file. Approx. 98 MBs

At the 2:09 mark, his highlights from the Washington State game start. There's no sound up until about the 8min mark, where his combine coverage comes up.

BTW, he's #90.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20570804/Hatcher.divx.html

Nice, thanks for the link :toast:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MACHIAVELLI said:
ooops... :( Well I didn't think it was the official site, but I kinda assumed folks would know I was talking about you guys messageboard.

Thanks again, guy. I really appreciate it and the autographed postcard. :)

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
Hater said:
I think he was referring to Hatcher's technique.. there are a few plays where he stands straight up and dances around with the OT without really penetrating into the pocket, and then pressure from the opposite side flushes the QB towards Hatcher where he then makes the play.
Thanks Hater. You and I are on the same page.

Some ppl just want to talk smak and not real football. I think Hatcher's technique also suffers from him being tired. I read an article that he played almost every defensive snap. I think him standing staight up may be a result of fatigue.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Boom said:
They could use about 8 more uniform styles.

The uniforms in that video were classic. I'd rather see those than the newfangled garbage like the Vikings are going to start wearing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The uniforms in that video were classic. I'd rather see those than the newfangled garbage like the Vikings are going to start wearing.
I really liked the maroon one.

Hater

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
It makes sense to me. He was just referring to Larry Allen.

Jason Hatcher may not have played against what some consider quality competition, but sometimes that really doesn't matter. If you've got skills, you'll get there eventually.

I am aware of who he was referring to, it just bears no relevance to what I was trying to say: that it is harder to grade players who play against poor competition than it is to grade players who play against the cream of the college crop.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I am gonna trust Bill and Ireland on this pick. They didn't pick someone from a lower eschelon school without doing their homework. Plus, I doubt they just watched the video we saw to formulate their opinion. They had guys watching whole games, talking to coaches. We just see a glimpse.

MACHIAVELLI

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Who is #87? He and Hatcher seemed to meet at the QB now and then?

That is Matt Duhe' (Doo-E). He signed a FA deal with the Bengals. Former TE convert to DE like Hatcher, from Baton Rouge. 6-4 255.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Thanks for the effort WG.

You don't notice opponents double teaming Hatcher. The thing that comes across most about him is his speed.

Reaction score
Big props to you, WG! Always appreciate a new pick's video. When we drafted Hatcher, I was a little skeptical. After hearing that several teams, including SF & NO were waiting in the bushes a few picks afterwards to grab him, I became curious and a little more confident. After watching these videos, I can say one thing-this guy can play!

He looks like a man among boys. There were a couple of strengths that many DEs don't get down until 3-4 yrs. down the road. Some never do. The one I really liked was that he protects the outside, & doesn't get caught inside too often. Only when he is sure does he take it inside and make the play. He rarely allows himself to be engulfed by blockers, shedding them easily. He uses his rare speed to string plays out, and runs down RBs from behind.
His pass rushing skills are very natural, and he flattens out quickly once he turns the corner. Hatcher eats up space between himself & the QB quickly. One thing he does that I love and that is he rarely plays out of control. Even as he's closing in on a QB, he seems to always have his body under control, so that even mobile QBs don't seem to be able to juke him out.

I am convinced Hatcher will be deeply & permanently entrenched in the defensive line rotation by midseason, if not sooner. The kid has a great attitude, and motor that never quits. I hope to see great things from our third round pick from Grambling.