Video: Leonard Davis personal foul penalty.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
superpunk;1903593 said:
I think it's funny that the flag wasn't thrown until Strahan got up, and started looking around, demanding a call.

KC10 said:
The part that I can't get over is that the play is still going....there was no whistle. He wasn't defenseless, we was getting up to go after the QB.

Exactly.

This was probably the worst call I've ever seen in my life. Seriously.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
My problem with that play was the Giants didn't get called for a late hit on Romo after his slide earlier in the game. Did Bigg hit him late maybe but the need to call the game evenly. The calls were very one sided.

dboyz

Reaction score
Frankly I don't think I've seen a play called like that in my life. If Bigg was going to get a penalty, he should have really pounded him.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The way the Giants were hitting Romo on every play, well after releasing the ball at times, I would have been quite content with Bigg doing that on every play.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Earlier in the game it was ok for Strahan to take two steps after Romo released the ball and take him down to the turf...and he motioned to the ref "Hand caught in cookie jar" and the ref let it go...I guess he was thinking it was a continuation of his motion and he couldn't let up.

Uh...and what was Davis' play then???

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I have never in my life seen a referee just make up a personal foul call. All coaches teach that you play until the whistle. What if Romo was pump faking and Strahan got up and sacked him. Davis would feel like an idiot for not stopping him.

We go from 1st down at the 33yd line to 2nd and 18 at the 11 yd line. The grounding on Romo was just as bad. You could see Barber cut inside and Romo threw to the sideline. He wasn't under any pressure at all.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It had to be the right call - Troy said so.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Kevin Gogan and Erik Williams used to do this all the time. Have the rules changed to protect all players in indefensible positions, I wonder?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;1904415 said:
Kevin Gogan and Erik Williams used to do this all the time. Have the rules changed to protect all players in indefensible positions, I wonder?

They've changed to make it more like flag football every year. :mad:

This rule was intended -- I assume -- for players like punters walking off the field or kickers who have already kicked off. It's not for defensive ends being blocked when the ball has just been thrown.

Just a sickening, sickening call.

And I didn't hear the audio... But Troy approved of that call? The same guy who played in a league where he was allowed to get his head about torn off 15 times a year? ***?

locked&loaded

Reaction score
This is the dumbest call, he was out of the play? YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE PLAY! HOW IS OUR LINEMAN SUPPOSED TO KNOW ROMO THREW IT. DUMBEST CALL EVER.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Seems kind of funny that they called Bigg for that hit when they were letting the Giants hit Romo late most of the 2nd half.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1904487 said:
What a jack a--- penalty, another classic case of players NOT peforming in a smart manner...

you are a full on troll,go away please

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think he would have been ok but he really drove his arm/shoulder in and burried a player on the ground.

dbrown11

Reaction score
Nors;1904837 said:
I think he would have been ok but he really drove his arm/shoulder in and burried a player on the ground.

yeah he should have helped up stray**s instead. come on it's a crap call. his freaking job is to protect his quarterback.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I agree with the comments here. Jacobs in his fight with Williams had Roy by the facemask without a call. Strahan and others were hitting Romo and throwing him to the turf all the time without a call, espcially on the slide in the second quarter.

Then Bigg does something pretty innocuous and boom 15 yards.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nors;1904837 said:

I wish he was Wilfork and instead drove his shoulder into his knees. He probably would have been ok then, and we would have had the first down.

Reaction score
stealth;1904625 said:
you are a full on troll,go away please

Troll? Dude I've been on here as proud Cowboys supporter but that was idiotic play by Davis.... I don't have to explain myself to you butt face.