VIDEO: Miles Austin Game Recap..

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hope you put that dramatic music like in your Romo highlight in this one.:laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
thanks happy to do it

a couple of images if anyone wants them.

http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a46/Theebs/austinsig1.jpg

http://i8.***BLOCKED***/albums/a46/Theebs/austinsig2.jpg

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theebs;2189191 said:
a requested, all of austin's grabs.

must be DOWNLOADED its a qt h 2.264 file.

I made a little opening to make it a little more fun to watch!

http://www.4shared.com/file/58786233/934b30c4/Miles_Austin_Highlight_qt2.html

Nice opening! I give Austin's hands a B+, I give his route running a C+ -- if he can't stop and cut better than he did on that sideline grab, that's going to be a pick six sooner rather than later. I know Romo has a stronger arm than Johnson, but that was telegraphed big time.

Oh, and #20 nearly horse-collared him, that was a dangerous tackle even if it didn't strictly adhere to the horse collar rule. He needs to be taught a lesson.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189211 said:
Nice opening! I give Austin's hands a B+, I give his route running a C+ -- if he can't stop and cut better than he did on that sideline grab, that's going to be a pick six sooner rather than later. I know Romo has a stronger arm than Johnson, but that was telegraphed big time.

Oh, and #20 nearly horse-collared him, that was a dangerous tackle even if it didn't strictly adhere to the horse collar rule. He needs to be taught a lesson.
The only bad route he ran was on that right sideline catch you're talking about. But he fought so hard for the ball, the defender didn't have a chance.

As far as hands, not sure how you'd grade it any higher consider he caught the ball perfectly each time.

dre1614

Reaction score
Austin had his man beat for the bomb if he wanted also on that 4th down. he had him by a step.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Miles has wallpapers now? It's a wonder what one decent game will get you on a team starving for answers at WR.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TheCount;2189230 said:
Miles has wallpapers now? It's a wonder what one decent game will get you on a team starving for answers at WR.

no its not wallpaper. It is just the graphics I made for the 10 second opening. When I got down with it I liked it and made stills of it in case anyone wanted it.

and oh by the way, alot of us think very highly of Austin and to see him catch the ball the way he did the other night was pretty exciting. He has all the tools.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
theogt;2189216 said:
The only bad route he ran was on that right sideline catch you're talking about. But he fought so hard for the ball, the defender didn't have a chance.

As far as hands, not sure how you'd grade it any higher consider he caught the ball perfectly each time.
On that sideline grab, the one thing he did wrong IMO was the amount of time it took him to stop. Now the reason the Corner couldn't break on him earlier is because he could be pulling a stutter and go move on him and Austin is too fast to gamble with.

So he ran great routes and caught the ball well, a gambling corner may pick him off a couple of times, but Garrett is smart enough to only have Austin doing those come back routes against more inferior corners.

aikemirv

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189211 said:

Good hands, good body control, nice fighting for the ball

Routes were less than impressive though - he did not create much space at all.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;2189216 said:

Catches he was supposed to make, you do not get extra credit for that. And I disagree on the route running, he rounded off each one and took a looong time coming out of his breaks. Yes, he fought hard for the ball and concentrated well, but a CB with a slightly better break is taking that the other way, no doubt about it. He took like seven stutter steps before cutting the route off, that is not good.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189267 said:
Catches he was supposed to make, you do not get extra credit for that.
So what are you counting off for? Nothing?

And I disagree on the route running, he rounded off each one and took a looong time coming out of his breaks.
Only the first one was rounded off and with that catch it was completely unnecessary to cut hard on his inside foot since the corner was 10 yards off and he was catching it turned outside.

Yes, he fought hard for the ball and concentrated well, but a CB with a slightly better break is taking that the other way, no doubt about it.
Not unless they were as tall and as strong as him. I don't know many that are.

He took like seven stutter steps before cutting the route off, that is not good.
I already agreed that was a bad route. Not sure how it could drop him to a C, though.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
theogt;2189288 said:
So what are you counting off for? Nothing?

Only the first one was rounded off and with that catch it was completely unnecessary to cut hard on his inside foot since the corner was 10 yards off and he was catching it turned outside.

Not unless they were as tall and as strong as him. I don't know many that are.

I already agreed that was a bad route. Not sure how it could drop him to a C, though.

I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but he didn't have to make any catches on balls that were thrown behind him, low, etc. He did catch the one high ball (but it wasn't that high) and concentrated well on the sideline route. But that route was so bad, it wouldn't take a big and strong corner to take it away. Again, a guy who gets a slightly better break on that is picking it off clean, there wouldn't even be a need to fight for the ball. His first route was pretty half-assed (although better than the sideline route), there was virtually nothing to his route over the middle (and in fact, a better defender could have stepped in front of that one too), he pushed off the defender on the high ball, etc.

Yes, the defender was ten yards off on the first catch -- he caught up quickly due to Austin's half-assed route. He could have taken the defender out of the play even more by pushing hard upfield and then making the break. Sorry, half-assed.

dre1614

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189309 said:
I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but he didn't have to make any catches on balls that were thrown behind him, low, etc. He did catch the one high ball (but it wasn't that high) and concentrated well on the sideline route. But that route was so bad, it wouldn't take a big and strong corner to take it away. Again, a guy who gets a slightly better break on that is picking it off clean, there wouldn't even be a need to fight for the ball. His first route was pretty half-assed (although better than the sideline route), there was virtually nothing to his route over the middle (and in fact, a better defender could have stepped in front of that one too), he pushed off the defender on the high ball, etc.

Yes, the defender was ten yards off on the first catch -- he caught up quickly due to Austin's half-assed route. He could have taken the defender out of the play even more by pushing hard upfield and then making the break. Sorry, half-assed.

you are over analyzing

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189309 said:
I'm not saying he did anything wrong, but he didn't have to make any catches on balls that were thrown behind him, low, etc. He did catch the one high ball (but it wasn't that high) and concentrated well on the sideline route. But that route was so bad, it wouldn't take a big and strong corner to take it away.
Absolutely it would have for that particular pass. Now if it'd been low and on the inside, that's a different story. Placed anywhere else and Miles gets it over any corner.

Again, a guy who gets a slightly better break on that is picking it off clean, there wouldn't even be a need to fight for the ball. His first route was pretty half-assed (although better than the sideline route), there was virtually nothing to his route over the middle (and in fact, a better defender could have stepped in front of that one too), he pushed off the defender on the high ball, etc.
Look, I've already said it was a poor route. Was that the only poor route?

He caught up quickly because the ball got there when it did. Planting his foot wouldn't cause the corner to get there any quicker or slower. Not sure how you're going to get a corner to play further off the ball than that, but if you say so...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
dre1614;2189313 said:
you are over analyzing

Maybe, but I was not impressed. A guy has to make sharp cuts while not losing speed and Miles just ain't very good.

With that said, Sam Hurd is a bumbling fool. Watch him on Miles' sideline route, what in the heck kind of route was that? Seriously? These guys need a serious lesson in route running, that's all I'm saying. Thank god we have Owens and Crayton, those two know what time it is.

PoetTree

Reaction score
theebs... so sorry to bother you... but do you happen to have a lower-rez version of the video? My computer can't seem to play this one due to its high quality. Yes, I know. I'm looking to upgrade. But my li'l PowerBook chugs along quite nicely for most things, even at 5 years old. However, it's really struggling to play this video. And, um, I'd really like to see it.

Any way of getting a standard-def version?

Sorry for the bother. Thanks for the time.

Peace,
Poet