VIDEO: Miles Austin Game Recap..

dest

Reaction score
Wow, seeing the clip in the high res only pisses me off more that the HD NFL network feed was blacked out, and I had to watch it on the local CW in SD.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'd like to see Owens/ Crayton start, and when we go to a 3 wr set, pull Crayton back to the slot and move Austin out Wide - Deep threat right there.

PoetTree

Reaction score
(thanks again, theebs)

I'd say, although a mixed bag, I came away fairly impressed with ol' Miles. It's true, his route-running is not where it needs to be or can be, in my opinion. But I'll tell ya what, he got the job done. He used his body. His used his athleticism. He used strong hands, for cryin' out loud! His footwork could continue to use some polish. But one can definitely see that Austin has the tools to be a weapon.

The most impressive thing to me, unless my eyes deceived me, is that Austin caught every single one of his balls against Antione Cason -- one of the highest rated corners in this last draft, someone who's been stated to be having a tremendous camp, and a player some people have been suggesting would have been a better pick than Mike Jenkins. Well, Austin had his way with him. That speaks volumes about our boy.

You just know that our coaches were talking that contest up to Miles before the game. This wasn't just a time for him to shine on a larger stage. It was an opportunity to do it against one of the top-rated defenders in all of college, a first-round pick, and show the Cowboys' faithful a little somethin'-somethin'.

I thought he did great. He's still got growing to do at the position.

But Austin showed a little of what he's got the other night...

:bow:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like how he catches w/ his hands, didn't see a pass get into his pads

thanks alot, theebs

Audiman

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2189267 said:
Catches he was supposed to make, you do not get extra credit for that.

as opposed to catches he's not supposed to make?

you make as much sense as an 8 foot tall midget...:lmao:

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks theebs!

That was great quality!:bow: