Video sums up Dak/Wentz debate

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You literally are now making stuff up.

I live in the Philly area and must have missed these large numbers of Philly fans scared to death to signing Wentz to a long term deal. There might be a handful but they are in the distinct minority.

Two, it’s laughable that you think every GM if they could go back in time would choose Dak in the 4th over what Philly paid.
No, I am not. It takes about 5 minutes marveling at any Philly site to find multiple posts.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar but Trolling the Nation had at least 5 guys post Wentz concerns DURING The Cowboys games. Including asking why he kept throwing the ball in the ground 5 yard short.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/11/12/18087216/wentznot-the-answer

Eagles fans have a cheap SB winner in Foles and will lose him for zero return to pay Wentz 25M+ long term with lots of guarantees.
Of course they are concerned about that.

You living in the Philly area explains a lot however. Hot air and zero logic capital of the universe.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
No, they wouldn't.

They'd chuckle and take Wentz every single time.
No, they wouldn't. And only someone missing brain cells would believe this.

The total draft haul for Wentz was steep. Browns ended up with 11 picks for Wentz and a 4th rounder.

Stop posting dumb things.

GMO415

Reaction score
So....the .500 iggles are going to come in here and do what the 10-2 NO couldn't do? No one will give this Doomsday Def any props.

Sydla

Reaction score
No, I am not. It takes about 5 minutes marveling at any Philly site to find multiple posts.
Perhaps you are unfamiliar but Trolling the Nation had at least 5 guys post Wentz concerns DURING The Cowboys games. Including asking why he kept throwing the ball in the ground 5 yard short.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/11/12/18087216/wentznot-the-answer

Eagles fans have a cheap SB winner in Foles and will lose him for zero return to pay Wentz 25M+ long term with lots of guarantees.
Of course they are concerned about that.

You living in the Philly area explains a lot however. Hot air and zero logic capital of the universe.

So “at least five guys” from a trolling the nation article proves Philly fans in general are scared to sign him? LOL.

Then you link to an article that doesn’t argue that he’s scared to sign Wentz because he folds in games, but rather just says Wentz was never going to be the answer by himself when the team had issues on defense, the OL and at RB. Nowhere did he talk about not signing Wentz long term. I bet you didn’t even really read the post.

Then you seemingly argue Foles is better.

Geezus.

Sydla

Reaction score

The total draft haul for Wentz was steep. Browns ended up with 11 picks for Wentz and a 4th rounder.

The Eagles gave up 11 picks?

GMO415

Reaction score
Merrimen "Dak can't go outside the pocket and throw a pass like that!"

OH REALLY?
dak2.0.gif

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
So “at least five guys” from a trolling the nation article proves Philly fans in general are scared to sign him? LOL.

Then you link to an article that doesn’t argue that he’s scared to sign Wentz because he folds in games, but rather just that he doesn’t think they have a team in place that warrants signing Wentz at this point.

Then you seemingly argue Foles is better.

Geezus.
Try harder.
You want examples but were too lazy to do any research so I DID THE WORK FOR YOU to a small extent.

Yes, EAGLES FANS Are scared of extending Wentz.
Are you brain dead? The Eagles have been making financial decisions that put them behind the 8 ball and now need to pay a mega deal to a very high draft pick.
It's common sense.
That article is EXACTLY right.
The Eagles gave up a lot in trade and made other poor financial decisions and now if they pay Wentz won't have anything around him.
They can pay him 30Ma year and suck. He isn't over coming a lack of talent around him NOW and thus shouldn't be expected to in the future.

That team is -12M on next year's salary cap ALREADY.

I am not arguing Foles is BETTER. What part of cheaper and SB winner leaving for zero in return did you miss?

erod

Reaction score

You can live in any delusion you choose.

32 for 32, and the phone would ring in seconds for every one of them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Eagles gave up 11 picks?
The Browns gave up pick 8, 77, 100 in a draft where Dak was selected 135
along with a 2017 1st Round pick and a 2018 2nd Round pick
for Wentz and a 2017 4th.

For that Wentz has compiled a 91.4 QB rating with 23 wins compared to Prescott's 95.5 and 29 wins.

THIS YEAR they have been essentially equivalent. Wentz throws it a lot more and has more yards and TDs passing.
Dak turns it over less and is more clutch by far.
He also leads the league in rushing TDs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You literally are now making stuff up.

I live in the Philly area and must have missed these large numbers of Philly fans scared to death to signing Wentz to a long term deal. There might be a handful but they are in the distinct minority.

Two, it’s laughable that you think every GM if they could go back in time would choose Dak in the 4th over what Philly paid.
(At the bold above ^^^^)

An iggle fan posing as a Cowboys fan.

kskboys

Reaction score
Trent Dilfer was an average QB who went 58-55 in his career... hmm, an average record.

Keep embarrassing yourself.
Dilfer was a below average QB who started for teams who didn't need him to produce at a high level. You cannot judge any QB on his W/L record. Very weak analysis.

kskboys

Reaction score
Correlation = unsubstantiated association between an event and a cause

Im pretty sure you have to finish you’re GED before enrolling in community college champ. You got this!
OK, Cal, I'm sure you'll see the irony in mispelling "your" when throwing out an education insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Another QB would have at least two more wins, maybe more.

So why hasn't Wentz produced more wins than Dak? Wentz has more weapons on offense than Dak. He has better coaching. Why hasn't that translated into more wins than Dak?

Sydla

Reaction score
Try harder.
You want examples but were too lazy to do any research so I DID THE WORK FOR YOU to a small extent.

Yes, EAGLES FANS Are scared of extending Wentz.
Are you brain dead? The Eagles have been making financial decisions that put them behind the 8 ball and now need to pay a mega deal to a very high draft pick.
It's common sense.
That article is EXACTLY right.
The Eagles gave up a lot in trade and made other poor financial decisions and now if they pay Wentz won't have anything around him.
They can pay him 30Ma year and suck. He isn't over coming a lack of talent around him NOW and thus shouldn't be expected to in the future.

That team is -12M on next year's salary cap ALREADY.

I am not arguing Foles is BETTER. What part of cheaper and SB winner leaving for zero in return did you miss?

LOL.

You made the allegation, it’s up to you to prove it. And you provided zero evidence that Philly fans (implying large, vast numbers) are afraid to sign him long term.

You even linked an article that didn’t even support your claim as the guy mentioned nothing about signing him long term.

So to reiterate, you claimed many Eagles fans don’t want to/are scared to sign Wentz long term, provided little to no evidence to support your claim and then apparently think it’s up to me to do your research for you. LOL.

The Eagles have cap issues. But that has little to do with what fans want to do without Wentz. In fact, he’s the one young player most fans definitely want re-signed.

I can say with great certainty you are full of crap when you claim The Eagles fan base is scared to sign Wentz long term.

Nav22

Reaction score
Dilfer was a below average QB who started for teams who didn't need him to produce at a high level. You cannot judge any QB on his W/L record. Very weak analysis.
There’s a very strong correlation between a QB’s ability and his career W/L record.

That’s not a matter of opinion.

Other than Archie Manning, name another great QB who didn’t win well over half his games. Go ahead.

And LOL at Dilfer “not needing to produce at a high level”. He went 38-38 with Tampa Bay. Pretty sure they needed more from the QB position.