Video sums up Dak/Wentz debate

Sydla

Reaction score
NO is no slouch defense, it was a team win

NO gives up 22 points a game. We average 20. We scored 13.

Dallas gives up 18 points a game. NO scores nearly 35 a game. We held them to 10.

That game was most definitely won on the backs of the defense. Did the offense help? Sure. Eating up clock helped. But that defense was the single biggest reason that game was won. But I understand why the Daksters like yourself struggle with admitting that.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Confused little boy. Must suck being in your shoes and coming in here daily seeing how well Dak is leading this team to wins, the division crown and the playoffs. Get used to it. It's going to continue for many years to come. Going to enjoy watching you squirm. lol

I love Cowboys victories

As long as Zeke stays healthy despite 30 touches a game and the defense balls out, they'll keep winning

Either one of those goes south, it will be interesting to see how much daks "leadership" suffers

Surely you haven't forgotten how he looked during Zeke's suspension last year, have you?

egn22

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

Dak had a great rookie year because of everything around him. Wentz rookie year wasnt as great because he didn't have the weapons and team Dak had.

Dak 2nd year he took a step back because that's who he is and they had film on him and had nothing to do with what was happening around him. Wentz got his weapons and a better team around him and was a mvp candidate because that's who he is and he's just that good, forgetting about his rookie year.

Daks 3rd year he starts off with OL issues and no TE or WR and his play wasn't as good but its on him. He gets a little help with a new WR and some better OL play and the D is dominating and starts ti play a bit better but his play had nothing to do with it, it's the D and the players around him. Wentz loses his run game, good D and wr aren't as good and that's the reason he's not playing as well, plus his knee.

What I get from all this is, Wentz has proven he needs players around him but he gets credit for it when they play well and no blame when they dont. Dak has shown he needs player's around him but gets not credit for it when they have success and it's everyone else that gets credit. Its his fault when they dont have the player's around him and the don't have success.

Wentz: doesn't have players and success drops off but not his fault .

Wentz : does have players and had success but it's all him.

Dak: doesn't have player's and success drops off but he can't carry a team and isn't a good QB.

Dak: does have players and has success but that's not him, that's the team winning, nothing to do with Dak .

THIS. 100%!!!! THIS!!!!!!!
Thank you!!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
I love Cowboys victories

As long as Zeke stays healthy despite 30 touches a game and the defense balls out, they'll keep winning

Either one of those goes south, it will be interesting to see how much daks "leadership" suffers

Surely you haven't forgotten how he looked during Zeke's suspension last year, have you?

Guys like him are linear, shallow thinkers. Their thought processes are simplistic.

1) If he plays for the Cowboys, he's clearly one of the better players in the league
2) If the Cowboys win, you can't point out mistakes or flaws because that's bogus. They played a perfect game and won

Anything that deviates from that makes their heads spark. Like a metal tray in a microwave.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Whatever you need to tell yourself.

But anyone with a semblance of honesty and fair analysis would admit that game was largely won because of a herculean effort by the defense.

Translation:

You score 13 points week in and week out, you're drafting #1. Unless your defense is otherworldly

If we play NO again it'll be in the Superdome. And if we get that chance 13 points ain't getting it done. Period

And what do you bet the defense will get the blame for it .... LOL

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm actually shocked that anyone thinks Dak compares to Wentz. Hey, I like Dak, great intangibles, some clutch, good kid. But Wentz is the higher prospect. It's not really close.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm actually shocked that anyone thinks Dak compares to Wentz. Hey, I like Dak, great intangibles, some clutch, good kid. But Wentz is the higher prospect. It's not really close.
Totally different argument.

Dak has a better passer rating and more wins.
He has simply been better.

Wentz has unique arm capabilities and is a better PROSPECT.

The only thing that balances the prospect tag out is health. Wentz has had a serious injury on every level of football he has played: high school, college twice and now NFL.
Dak has NEVER had a serious injury.

But yes is all things go right Wentz has a higher ceiling.
But because Philly had to trade off 4-5 picks to move up and get him they are very likely to have less to put around him for a very long time.

You probably couldn't find 5 GMs in the NFL who'd rather have the Eagles roster and cap than Dallas'.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
It drives me nuts when fans do that, and act like it's a reasonable way to look at the production of an entire NFL team. More than half the plays the QB isn't even on the field.

Exactly.

It’s as if the team’s defense and special teams contribute nothing to the outcome of the game (i.e. winning or losing).

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl on the shoulders of the Ravens defense, but hey, “Dilfer went 3-0 in that postseason run baby!!!!”

Sydla

Reaction score
Totally different argument.

Dak has a better passer rating and more wins.
He has simply been better.

Wentz has unique arm capabilities and is a better PROSPECT.

The only thing that balances the prospect tag out is health. Wentz has had a serious injury on every level of football he has played: high school, college twice and now NFL.
Dak has NEVER had a serious injury.

But yes is all things go right Wentz has a higher ceiling.
But because Philly had to trade off 4-5 picks to move up and get him they are very likely to have less to put around him for a very long time.

You probably couldn't find 5 GMs in the NFL who'd rather have the Eagles roster and cap than Dallas'.

Which has little to do with Wentz. Philly recouped some of their picks from Wentz with other trades. Remember they turned Bradford into cap space and a first round pick. Trying to tie Wentz to the Eagles roster and cap space is a real stretch at this point.

You probably couldn't also find 5 GMs who would willingly take Dak over Wentz either.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Which has little to do with Wentz. Philly recouped some of their picks from Wentz with other trades. Remember they turned Bradford into cap space and a first round pick. Trying to tie Wentz to the Eagles roster and cap space is a real stretch at this point.

You probably couldn't also find 5 GMs who would willingly take Dak over Wentz either.

And one of the GM’s who would is the same guy Daks fans routinely disparage because he hasn’t given Dak good coaches or personnel to work with

Apparently Jerry knows absolutely nothing about building a good football team, but his assessment of Prescott is spot on and never to be questioned :)

Nav22

Reaction score
Exactly.

It’s as if the team’s defense and special teams contribute nothing to the outcome of the game (i.e. winning or losing).

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl on the shoulders of the Ravens defense, but hey, “Dilfer went 3-0 in that postseason run baby!!!!”
Trent Dilfer was an average QB who went 58-55 in his career... hmm, an average record.

Keep embarrassing yourself.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think it's sad that fans need Prescott to be compared to other QBs. Who cares as long as we keep winning and building the team.
It's too bad some fans can't enjoy it and have to chop everything down.

beating the Saints even by one point is a huge deal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Wentz is better than Dak. Anyone that understands QB play gets that.

They did leave out all the running stats that Dak has. And they certainly didnt mention Oline differences or coaching differences.

That being said I take Wentz over Dak 10 out of 10 times.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think it's sad that fans need Prescott to be compared to other QBs. Who cares as long as we keep winning and building the team.
It's too bad some fans can't enjoy it and have to chop everything down.

beating the Saints even by one point is a huge deal.

We dont have Wentz we have Dak. If we could trade Dak for Wentz we would all do it. NO reality. Neither is Tom Brady coming to Dallas.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Why because it doenst suit your agenda? I seem to remember trolls like you using it many times when it suited you.
No, because it's not actually real. It's hard to have a logical debate with people when they are using something pulled out of their imagination. Not that that has ever stopped the CowboyRoy troll from spreading his drivel...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not all of us are smart enough to have zero understanding of “correlation”!

Correlation = unsubstantiated association between an event and a cause

Im pretty sure you have to finish you’re GED before enrolling in community college champ. You got this!