VIDEO: TO Sleep Celebration

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I find it HILARIOUS. I'm sorry, but the celebration rules are absolutely rediculous. When the Boys score, I'm bouncing all over the house, high fiving anyone and anything I see, lol. I can only imagine how excited the actual player(s) are.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Lets see:

I sleep during meetings.

I tell the reporters about it....

They make a stink about it.....

So, I make fun of the whole situation.....

Even though it is a big deal to sleep during meetings and set a bad example.....

I then get a 15 yard penalty for it, thus being more of a detriment to the team....

I then drop a game changing TD....

Get news all week because I can't catch passes, not because of my stupid TD celebration...

Yeah, pretty funny - stupid is as stupid does - just another stupid player on the Cowboys I guess!!!!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
aikemirv;1153049 said:
Lets see:

I sleep during meetings.

I tell the reporters about it....

They make a stink about it.....

So, I make fun of the whole situation.....

Even though it is a big deal to sleep during meetings and set a bad example.....

I then get a 15 yard penalty for it, thus being more of a detriment to the team....

I then drop a game changing TD....

Get news all week because I can't catch passes, not because of my stupid TD celebration...

Yeah, pretty funny - stupid is as stupid does - just another stupid player on the Cowboys I guess!!!!

And

I think the statement in bold is a stretch, but for the most part I do agree what you said.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
SteveOS;1153046 said:
I find it HILARIOUS. I'm sorry, but the celebration rules are absolutely rediculous. When the Boys score, I'm bouncing all over the house, high fiving anyone and anything I see, lol. I can only imagine how excited the actual player(s) are.

Then celebrate on the sideline with teammates, college players seem to manage to handle the rule where there is no celebration, Pros (I use the word loosely these days) can up to a point. Grown men should be able to handle it. People can argue this all day but the rules are there and we can't afford to have Vandy kicking off from our own 20 yard line. It is time for guys to grow up and start taking care of business over the next 8 weeks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Being that its a penalty. I dont like that he did it. Was it clever for what had happened earlier in the week. Yes.

Note: When TO got to FEDEX Field they had something on the big screen that read "TO feeling sleepy?"

The guy is a child in many ways... he has to react to things like a child does. Which is what he did...

I think the celebration rule is stupid. I think TO is stupid for breaking it though..... Wouldnt the greatest celebration be WINNING it ALL...then he can DO WHATEVER THE HECK HE WANTS...

aikemirv

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1153051 said:
I think the statement in bold is a stretch, but for the most part I do agree what you said.

- Mike G.

You don't think there is more news about the big drop than the TD celebration?

If there is not, it is just because the celebration brought about a penalty and looks almost as bad as the drop.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1153056 said:
Being that its a penalty. I dont like that he did it. Was it clever for what had happened earlier in the week. Yes.

Note: When TO got to FEDEX Field they had something on the big screen that read "TO feeling sleepy?"

The guy is a child in many ways... he has to react to things like a child does. Which is what he did...

I think the celebration rule is stupid. I think TO is stupid for breaking it though..... Wouldnt the greatest celebration be WINNING it ALL...then he can DO WHATEVER THE HECK HE WANTS...

He falls asleep in the meeting and then reminds everyone about that by acting as if he is sleeping in the endzone? I don't see anything clever or entertaining about it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1153060 said:
He falls asleep in the meeting and then reminds everyone about that by acting as if he is sleeping in the endzone? I don't see anything clever or entertaining about it.

He wasn't trying to "remind" anyone of it, so much as he was making light of the situation. I always think it's funny when someone takes a shot at the media, and that's how i took it.

DBoys

Reaction score
peplaw06;1153063 said:
He wasn't trying to "remind" anyone of it, so much as he was making light of the situation. I always think it's funny when someone takes a shot at the media, and that's how i took it.

I think TO has a great sense of humor like the Lance jersey/helmet on the stationary bike hahahhahahha

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06;1153063 said:

Whatever all I know is it cost us 15 and Dallas had to kickoff from our own 20 yard line. Dallas has enough problems right now with flags we don't need self inflicted wounds so some guy can draw attention to himself. We are 4-4 I don't see much reason for celebration.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1153060 said:

Come on Doom... you know he was trying to show that.... yeah I fell asleep BUT I still catch the TD's... if he would have caught second one... then he would have been over the top in showing that it didnt matter

aikemirv

Reaction score
peplaw06;1153063 said:

Which if I were BP would really make me mad because it is nothing to make light of. This team lacks concentration and focus and the last thing we need is one of the stars making light of sleeping in meetings!!!!

aikemirv

Reaction score
YoMick;1153075 said:
Come on Doom... you know he was trying to show that.... yeah I fell asleep BUT I still catch the TD's... if he would have caught second one... then he would have been over the top in showing that it didnt matter

He was probably thinking of what TD celebration he was going to do rather than concentrating on catching the ball.

And yes.... I really believe that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1153075 said:

If!! this team right now has a lot of ifs, excuse me if I'm a bit frustrated seeing this team hurt itself and do not find much humor or entertainment value in drawing a senseless 15 yarder. I have said before I watch football for the game itself not idiots prancing around like some school girl and especially on a team who has not seen success in years, if you want to celebrate then the guys do know the rules regarding it keep it within the rules. I’m glad I was not the only one who was not thrilled with it BP did not look like he was entertained about it either!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aikemirv;1153078 said:
Which if I were BP would really make me mad because it is nothing to make light of. This team lacks concentration and focus and the last thing we need is one of the stars making light of sleeping in meetings!!!!

You got it, we are 2nd in the NFL in penalties we have constantly hurt ourself to the point we are 4-4. I want to see solid play from these guys not some clown show in the endzone, I don't think this team has done anything to celebrate about.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's a team game. The penalty was stupid. It cost us 15 yards. Why is that significant? In a close game, which this was, field position is paramount for a ball control offense. You figure, Vandershank kicks of and the ball is fielded at the Washington 29 by Sellers, who muffs the kick and recovers it at the 34. The next play is a pass to Lloyd that is flagged for holding on Ware. If there is no penalty, that ball is fielded and muffed at the 14. The next play results in a penalty (half the distance) and the Skinz are all of a sudden 1st and 17 from there own 7 yard line. If we hold them, we probably get the ball back around there 50. That translates into a short field and probably points.

It was a stupid penalty.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah... Costing your special teams and defense 15 yards just so you can get more attention is always hilarious.

Uproarious, really.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Look I'm not a big fan of the 15 yard penalty, but it could have been worse. You guys are acting like the Skins gained something by that penalty. The kickoff went to some upback (lineman I believe) and they started at the 35 that drive. It seemed like they started every drive at the 35 anyway after Vandy's short kicks. And the Skins didn't score after it.

Look, obviously you don't WANT penalties, but that one was about the least harmful of all the other ones we committed.

aikemirv

Reaction score
peplaw06;1153279 said:
Look I'm not a big fan of the 15 yard penalty, but it could have been worse. You guys are acting like the Skins gained something by that penalty. The kickoff went to some upback (lineman I believe) and they started at the 35 that drive. It seemed like they started every drive at the 35 anyway after Vandy's short kicks. And the Skins didn't score after it.

Look, obviously you don't WANT penalties, but that one was about the least harmful of all the other ones we committed.

least harmful....

A player gets a senseless 15 yard penalty potentially costing his team just to show off and you call it least harmful. At least the other penalties are not intentional!