Videos not made by Calico

JDSmith

Reaction score
OK, the following videos were all made by me. Nobody else had a hand in making any of these videos. I know it may seem trivial to some people, but I put a lot of work into my videos and on this site I routinely see them attributed en masse to Calico - most recently in the thread that Reality just closed. For the record it's easy to tell my videos apart from Calico's because mine don't have a 'Calico Designs' intro and his do.

Bombshell - offensive highlights, 2003. Windows media 9 encoded.

Slam - defensive highlights, 2003. Windows media 9 encoded.

Boom - Roy Williams highlights, 2002. Divx encoded.

Cowboys from Hell - the original Roy Williams video in divx. Mainly the same clips as Boom, but I made this one first. I remade it as Boom because it seems that a lot of Cowboys fans can't handle the hard stuff. No point in making a music video if people are muting the music to watch it. ;)

Rookies - 2002 - Rookies highlights from 2002 (AB, Ross, Hunter, Dantzler). Unfortunately half the guys in the video aren't on the team anymore. Divx encoded.

Nostalgia - RBs from Cowboys history: Dorsett, Walker, Smith. My personal favorite video, especially in light of the drafting of Julius Jones.

Pictures of you too - QBs from our history, to the same song as Nostalgia. I was too lazy to find another and some people had asked me to slap this together, so I did.

Hotstepper - Julius Jones highlights.

Julius 2.1 - Same as above, but with 'surfing with the alien' instead of 'hotstepper' - A lot of people seemed not to like hotstepper, although I thought it was perfect.

Witten - Jason Witten highlights from this past season.

Anyone having trouble playing Boom, CFH, Rookies, Nostalgia, POY or Hotstepper probably needs the divx codec, it can be downloaded here. You'll need a high speed connection because the smallest of the videos is around 28 megs.

Edit: One correction, Rack had a hand in making Boom and Cowboys From Hell (and without those I would have never started making vids) because he was kind enough to send me game tapes from all of the games of the 2002 season when I was looking for Roy Williams clips. And from those same tapes I made the Rookies 2002 video.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Glad you uploaded the Boom video to your own site again.

I felt so dirty the last time I lost it and had to surf thru Oklahoma football fan sites. *washes hands*

As always, great vids JD. I just wish I had time enough to download them all on dial-up. DOH!

JDSmith

Reaction score
BigWillie said:
Glad you uploaded the Boom video to your own site again.

I felt so dirty the last time I lost it and had to surf thru Oklahoma football fan sites. *washes hands*

As always, great vids JD. I just wish I had time enough to download them all on dial-up. DOH!

Ouch, dial up hurts. I think the Witten vid goes about 50 megs, not sure how long that takes to download on a dial up, but it's got to be a bit time consuming. It seems like the vids are getting bigger and bigger since most people have high speed internet now. You'd better get with the 21st century soon, if I can get the equipment together I might be making hi def vids this season - and those will be HUGE.

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Thanks JD, After Reality closed the last thread and said that they were Calico's I sent Reality a PM right away saying that all of those were yours.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have never made the mistake of miscrediting your videos or Calico's. I appreciate the work that both of you do and understand your frustration when you work hard and someone else is handed credit for it. However, I have seen many people make that very mistake.

Keep up the good work.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
dud great videos, gotta give both you and calico provs for the jobs ya'll do, please keep them coming

calico

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up JD. I never take credit for your work when I see posts attributing it to me. I missed the thread you mentioned here. For those who are new here, I have made only 3 videos so far:

Epic Backs
History of Domination
Epic Receivers

I will have more soon depending on my work schedule. I will also be branching out into Texas Longhorn videos (just wanted to let those who bleed burnt orange know).

JD, are you going to be making anymore videos this year? I was thinking of putting up vids from preseason games for those who can't see them but it is a pain in the *** and if someone else wants to do it I will bow out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Is the woody dantzler kick return for a TD on that 2002 rookies video?

JDSmith

Reaction score
calico said:
Thanks for clearing it up JD. I never take credit for your work when I see posts attributing it to me. I missed the thread you mentioned here. For those who are new here, I have made only 3 videos so far:

Epic Backs
History of Domination
Epic Receivers

I will have more soon depending on my work schedule. I will also be branching out into Texas Longhorn videos (just wanted to let those who bleed burnt orange know).

JD, are you going to be making anymore videos this year? I was thinking of putting up vids from preseason games for those who can't see them but it is a pain in the *** and if someone else wants to do it I will bow out.

I know Calico, I've seen you correct people in threads where they say you make all of the videos, and I appreciate it. I generally don't want to say anything, but it seems that if I don't more people make the mistake the next time it comes up.

As far as this year, I don't really know what I'm going to do regarding videos. One thing we might do is one of us make offensive highlights from a preseason game and the other make the defensive highlights. That way we could both include more clips and not waste the effort making the same ones. I know when I start making clips of both offense and defense I generally have to keep it down to 10 or 15 plays or the files start to get up above 20 megs and that really adds up over the course of a season (or even a preseason).

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
and great choice of music with the hotstepper video...i could seriously watch that 109328023 times

great work

JDSmith

Reaction score
TheFuture21 said:
Is the woody dantzler kick return for a TD on that 2002 rookies video?

Yes, it is. That was actually a big part of the reason I used two songs for that video. I ran out of music and still had the kickoff return and other stuff left, so I started the next song with the return.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Man, those old clips of Tony D, especially the runs against the Pats and Falcons, still give me chills! :)

And of course Boom is greatness... I still think it's what Joe Buck was referring to when he said something about Roy being the star of the hottest underground highlight film on the internet...

Also, I never thought about it until I re-watched just now... But did anyone else notice Roy giving T.O. a gentle little horse collar on the sideline in that Niners game? :D

StateCollegeCowboy

aka BostonCowboy
Reaction score
I can never say thanks enough, JDSmith and Calico, for all the videos you guys make. You really help make these forums a great place to come.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I just watched Hotstepper for the first time in ages. All I keep thinking is - can you imagine the numbers JJ might put up if we actually make a couple of holes for him to run through? On almost every single one of those plays (I'd say outside of the opening TD run against Chicago) JJ has to stop and juke at least one guy in the backfield. There is rarely any kind of real hole for him to run through. If this kid gets some actual blocking I think the sky is the limit.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The reason I said they were by Calico is because a user posted saying they were, then you posted AFTER that user and did not correct that user. I know that you and calico both create videos and do a great job, but since you posted and did not say otherwise, I believed the other user was correct. If you had stated they were created by you, I would have stated that as well.

However, the main reason I closed the thread was because it was another post where someone was giving credit to sites that did not deserve them since they were created by you and/or calico.

calico

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
One thing we might do is one of us make offensive highlights from a preseason game and the other make the defensive highlights. That way we could both include more clips and not waste the effort making the same ones. I know when I start making clips of both offense and defense I generally have to keep it down to 10 or 15 plays or the files start to get up above 20 megs and that really adds up over the course of a season (or even a preseason).

That is a great idea and I would be all for it. Lets talk about it more when the preseason approaches.

31smackdown

Reaction score
However, the main reason I closed the thread was because it was another post where someone was giving credit to sites that did not deserve them since they were created by you and/or calico.

If you were talking about my post I was giving credit to members in general who contribute something unique... like the work Juke does with sigs,etc...

Anyway... as someone who has been reading this board for the last 3+ years, I clearly knew that JD... aka Dogo.. was the creator and as far as I know he was the first one to put something together like this. I think I even have some of the early revisions of Boom or Cowboys From Hell that had slight content tweaks.