Videos not made by Calico

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Dogo... you are VERY talented... as is Calico...

Just tag your stuff and nothing will ever be in question...

Believe me... I used to work an editing suite and I feel your pain... it happens...

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Hoods said:
When you're playing full speed and playing a few feet from a receiver who's aiming to catch a speeding ball, you don't have the time to react to the possibility of him dropping the ball. Did you see how close they were? Roy was going to make sure he didn't catch the ball regardless if he dropped it or not.

And what do you mean his "head"? Roy hit him with his shoulder. Being the critic, I would expect you to notice that...

Sorry if I sound real defensive. Just gets me worked up.

ROFL!! Roy was intent on destroying Toomer with one shot. Not that I mind that. It wasn't an accusation of a cheap shot, relax partner, and watch the slow mo replay. The ball flies right in front of his face AFTER Newman knocks it out, and didn't land "a yard out of bounds" until it flew five yards up the field. I aint complainin about what he did. I like what he did. Toomer deserved it. But don't take cheap shots at me because of it... And tryin to "take his head off" was an expression not an accusation.

But whatever you guys say... your obviously the replay experts so I bow to you in homage of inteligence and wisdom.

Oh and if I wanted to be critical, the top of his helmet did hit Toomer in the chin. So ner ner!

JDSmith

Reaction score
Gibby! said:
ROFL!! Roy was intent on destroying Toomer with one shot. Not that I mind that. It wasn't an accusation of a cheap shot, relax partner, and watch the slow mo replay. The ball flies right in front of his face AFTER Newman knocks it out, and didn't land "a yard out of bounds" until it flew five yards up the field. I aint complainin about what he did. I like what he did. Toomer deserved it. But don't take cheap shots at me because of it... And tryin to "take his head off" was an expression not an accusation.

But whatever you guys say... your obviously the replay experts so I bow to you in homage of inteligence and wisdom.

Oh and if I wanted to be critical, the top of his helmet did hit Toomer in the chin. So ner ner!

Newman didn't knock it out. In fact, he never even touched the ball. It bounced off of Toomer untouched, probably because he knew he was about to get his clock cleaned.

I'm not sure of the angle on the slam video, but you can rewatch it from 2 angles in the bull, and it's pretty obvious that it would have required something superhuman to intercept that ball when you consider the angle of both the ball and Roy, and their relation to the sidelines.

And Roy was fined for the play, since the Giants sent it to the league, but not for helmet to helmet contact or spearing. He was fined for hitting a 'defenseless receiver.'

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
I don't want to take away from the great work your doing or from the play that was made, after watching it again it looked like Newmans arm is under Toomers neck but it was his numbers and face mask blending with Newmans jersey (I apologize), and Roy is 5 yards away, he has made the decision to knock his block off before the ball is coming out. I don't have access to the bull video here at work, this is all from the Slam video. I had forgotten about it being reviewed for a fine...

TheHustler

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Rookies - 2002 - Rookies highlights from 2002 (AB, Ross, Hunter, Dantzler). Unfortunately half the guys in the video aren't on the team anymore. Divx encoded.

Man. Ross makes more plays in this video than our entire secondary has in the last two years. What a wasted talent.

JDSmith

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Man. Ross makes more plays in this video than our entire secondary has in the last two years. What a wasted talent.

The kid had legitimate ball hawking skills. He had a terrific break on the ball. Like Parcells said in one of his early press conferences 'God was awfully good to the kid when he was giving out talent.' Unfortunately Ross was an idiot and didn't ever seem to realize that talent alone isn't enough. Is he even in the league now?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
The kid had legitimate ball hawking skills. He had a terrific break on the ball. Like Parcells said in one of his early press conferences 'God was awfully good to the kid when he was giving out talent.' Unfortunately Ross was an idiot and didn't ever seem to realize that talent alone isn't enough. Is he even in the league now?

nope he did play for the falcons at one point in time, but got cut from there to.

JDSmith

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
nope he did play for the falcons at one point in time, but got cut from there to.

Yeah, I remember he bounced to the Falcons and then the Vikings. Apparently he was unprepared as a backup and was on the verge of being cut because they called on him to play and he apparently didn't know his assignments. But I knew he got at least one more week, never heard anything from there. For a kid of his talent to be getting cut from the freaking Vikings (did they field a D last year?) is simply sad.