Videos not made by Calico

stag hunter

Hater
Reaction score
My mistake, I was the one who said on the other thread that those vids were Calico's. I didn't mean to discredit you or mislead anyone.

Excellent job with them though, I am branching out into video editing myself. A little OT, but I have a copy of Media100's Cinestream from several years ago (which i understood retailed for around 500 bucks then) that was given to me, but I'm also looking into Pinnacle Systems AV/DV 9, which came highly recommended from someone in the professional video editing industry. I have read however that a lot of people aren't a fan of the pinnacle product. I don't need to upload vids from tapes (i have all the audio, stills, and vid clips on my computer already), I just would like a fairly comprehensive editing program to edit them all together with a soundtrack, titles, transition effects, etc. any suggestions? anyone? anyone?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I noticed that Roy tackled Terrell Owens with an almost identical horse collar tackle and that it didn't hurt him at all. I think the pansy got soft once he hit the city of brotherly love.

:grin:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
31smackdown said:
If you were talking about my post I was giving credit to members in general who contribute something unique... like the work Juke does with sigs,etc...

Anyway... as someone who has been reading this board for the last 3+ years, I clearly knew that JD... aka Dogo.. was the creator and as far as I know he was the first one to put something together like this. I think I even have some of the early revisions of Boom or Cowboys From Hell that had slight content tweaks.

I was not referring to you. I thought JD did them as well, but as I said, when the other user said calico did them and jd posted but did not correct him, I went with that as the case.

HOWEVER, this is beside the point .. I closed the thread because credit was being given to a site and no matter who created them, credit should be given to the people who create them .. not the site where they post them.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
RE Slam Damn we owned Bledsoe... And if Roy would have been watching the ball instead of Toomer's head he coulda taken that back for a TD GRRR!

I have a few vids on my site that I made. Most are crap, just me experimenting with different codecs and file sizes. Most don't have sound. But my favorite shot of parcells is there, its in the middle of JonesOuch.mpg

abq-gibsons.net

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Bombshell - offensive highlights, 2003. Windows media 9 encoded.
2003 season seems like a decade ago. The 1st time in maybe 6 seasons that the Cowboys looked competent...........

JDSmith

Reaction score
Charles said:
2003 season seems like a decade ago. The 1st time in maybe 6 seasons that the Cowboys looked competent...........

The funny thing is that I had really high hopes for the 2003 season going in - and it was because of guys like Derrik Ross, Antonio Bryant, Andre Gurode etc... All of the rookies in the 2002 video. Now all that's left of 2002 is Roy Williams - Gurode is fighting for a backup role, AB is gone, Ross is gone (maybe from the league), Hunter has only made a brief appearance so far, Woody D is on again off again.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I noticed that Roy tackled Terrell Owens with an almost identical horse collar tackle and that it didn't hurt him at all. I think the pansy got soft once he hit the city of brotherly love.

:grin:

He also nabbed Marshall Faulk with one when Faulk caught a short pass over the middle. If Roy hadn't come flying across the field and grabbed Faulk with the good old horse collar, Faulk probably would have picked up some pretty big yardage. I wonder if that kind of great play will be a penalty next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
He also nabbed Marshall Faulk with one when Faulk caught a short pass over the middle. If Roy hadn't come flying across the field and grabbed Faulk with the good old horse collar, Faulk probably would have picked up some pretty big yardage. I wonder if that kind of great play will be a penalty next year.
Very true, but the Owens one looked identical.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Very true, but the Owens one looked identical.

Yeah, I noticed that too. His legs even went in the same direction. Owens needs to man up on Roy and stop trying to run to the sideline like a little girl. ;)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
thx JD. I hadn't seen the Witten one yet.

I have them on my install dvd, which i use for new pc build outs for friends, family.
Boom always gets used to test a new systems video and sound.

And for my family in NY I set ti play every Sunday at 10:00 AM, lol. They love me for that; especially since they have no idea how to unschedule it.

rojan

Reaction score
What!!! How do you guys get the game film in order to get the highlights....Iwould love to see some games of last year and the year before so I can kill time...Ihate waiting for TC

cannonball44

Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager
Reaction score
But while we're on the subject, I don't have calicos videos loaded on my computer. Can I get some help?? maybe a finger in the right direction??

Duane

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
But while we're on the subject, I don't have calicos videos loaded on my computer. Can I get some help?? maybe a finger in the right direction??
That finger would point to the search button near the top of the page. Hopefully the links posted there are still current.

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
JD

Can you post a still pic of the Witten - Key "bunch" formation from the Witten video?

calico

Reaction score
I have more bandwidth finally, so I will load them tonight including an instrumental version of my last video. I will post the links to them in my signature.

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
Callico , props for the videos. They make the offseason go by faster especially when only baseball is on the tube. Arena and NFLE can only satisfy the hunger for football so much. I wanted to make a copy of the Roy video and give it to Roy at a sports Show last week, but ran out of time. I think he would really get a kick out of it.

Keep up the good work. How about a Novacek highlight film?

Hoods

Reaction score
Gibby! said:
RE Slam Damn we owned Bledsoe... And if Roy would have been watching the ball instead of Toomer's head he coulda taken that back for a TD GRRR!

I have a few vids on my site that I made. Most are crap, just me experimenting with different codecs and file sizes. Most don't have sound. But my favorite shot of parcells is there, its in the middle of JonesOuch.mpg

abq-gibsons.net

When you're playing full speed and playing a few feet from a receiver who's aiming to catch a speeding ball, you don't have the time to react to the possibility of him dropping the ball. Did you see how close they were? Roy was going to make sure he didn't catch the ball regardless if he dropped it or not.

And what do you mean his "head"? Roy hit him with his shoulder. Being the critic, I would expect you to notice that...

Sorry if I sound real defensive. Just gets me worked up.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Hoods said:
When you're playing full speed and playing a few feet from a receiver who's aiming to catch a speeding ball, you don't have the time to react to the possibility of him dropping the ball. Did you see how close they were? Roy was going to make sure he didn't catch the ball regardless if he dropped it or not.

And what do you mean his "head"? Roy hit him with his shoulder. Being the critic, I would expect you to notice that...

Sorry if I sound real defensive. Just gets me worked up.

And the ball landed a yard out of bounds after bouncing off of Toomer. For Roy to have caught that his arms would have to be 5 feet long.

Reaction score
Props to the videos. 2003 what a year, Carter looked good when he had time NOT trying to start a debate. Nice highlights!

ternce

Reaction score
nice work - thanks..... roy's my favorite. I can watch the hits repeatedly without getting old