Vids of Boys breaking Commanders perfect record

DBoys

Reaction score
Things I love about the videos.

1) Johnson onside kick call what balls!
2) Madden saying it's the best coached game he's seen.
3) Irvin tourching Green :D
4) Harper hail marry catch.
5) Emmitt touchdown run.
6) Emmitt walking on air for the 1st down.
7) Larry Brown int.
8) Beuerlein coming in after Troy got hurt.
:skins:

JDSmith

Reaction score
Irvin ate Green alive. After the game Green said ""This may have been my worst day in three years. Give them credit."

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I appreciate it man I missed that game...a war got in the way... sadly I missed a couple of games that I would have liked to see but 3 Wars will do that...

wxcpo

Reaction score
Watching that reminds you of how great of a WR combo we had in Irvin and Harper. They were the NFL's version of Jordan and Pippen. Harper was such a great complimentary WR to Irvin, it's just too bad that he felt he should strike out and be a #1 guy. If he had stayed in Dallas we might be talking about Harper for the HoF along with Aikman, Emmitt and Michael.

JDSmith

Reaction score
wxcpo said:
Watching that reminds you of how great of a WR combo we had in Irvin and Harper. They were the NFL's version of Jordan and Pippen. Harper was such a great complimentary WR to Irvin, it's just too bad that he felt he should strike out and be a #1 guy. If he had stayed in Dallas we might be talking about Harper for the HoF along with Aikman, Emmitt and Michael.

TB threw 10 million dollars at him. Harper was great as a compliment, but he should never have been the number 1 guy. It shows you how badly managed TB was at the time, because any Cowboys fan I knew felt Harper was going to bomb as the number 1 guy. He simply wasn't reliable enough with the routine catch. You can't have a number 1 receiver who consistently lets balls bounce off of his chest and go through his hands - and that's exactly what Harper would do. Then he would make some amazing circus catch on the next play. He could catch jump balls all day, but he wasn't much for the routes that are the bread and butter of a passing attack.

calico

Reaction score
Damn, 1 week earlier with this footage and I could have used it in my video. I looked everywhere for these highlights.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Nice job. I'm a Cowboys fan living in Commander's country and I still remember that day. I didn't get to watch the game because I had my own football game to play, but I remember hearing the final score on the radio. Takes me back to the good old days of a young Cowboys team on the rise. And it reminded me of how pretty a ball Aikman used to throw.

JDSmith

Reaction score
calico said:
Damn, 1 week earlier with this footage and I could have used it in my video. I looked everywhere for these highlights.

I posted and told you I had this footage up on my site. You must not have read the post. I'm not sure if it was in a thread or a pm, but I definitely sent you a post saying I had this and a bunch of footage from the rookies video (mostly AB vs Smoot and some of Derek Ross making some nice plays).

Jersey

Reaction score
Super vid's. They not only bridge the gap till TC, but stir up those great memories of that young team on its way to dominance. Things that stood out...
1. Irvin eating up D. Green (The bozo's voting for the HOF only had to see this game.)
2. The huge amount of Cowboys fans at RFK in a big game. (That's why we're America's Team.)
3. Of all his years of broadcasting, I think Madden loved those Cowboys teams more than any other NFL team before or after. There was nothing better than him kissing our booty those years. It was great to hear, and drove opposing fans nuts!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey DBOYS...thanks MUCHO!!!!

One point....for people who say that Aikman was not much more than a product of the team around him, just watch these clips...look at how quick his release is...his accuracy...his pocket presence...

:)