Vids of Boys breaking Commanders perfect record

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Jersey said:
3. Of all his years of broadcasting, I think Madden loved those Cowboys teams more than any other NFL team before or after. There was nothing better than him kissing our booty those years. It was great to hear, and drove opposing fans nuts!

and it's great to hear Madden and Summerall..brings back the fall weather and the sense that everything is "right"...

Reaction score
Madden and Summerall on top of their game...

I also miss the days of Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen

Game calling in this day and age lacks the special something of days long ago

Om

Reaction score
Man, I'm so hungry for football even THAT abomination was almost watchable. :)

That game was the Skins equivalent of The Perfect Strom. Every thing that could go wrong, did---fourth downs against converted; Andre Collins' inexplicably lame onside kick recovery attempt; Hail Mary's; perhaps D. Green's worst game as a pro---you name it.

Against Dallas, no less.

It's the kind of thing that tries men's souls.

kaboy

Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks for the videos! The superbowl bound 11-0 Commanders get owned at every turn by the upstart 6-5 Cowboys. I loved it.

Anyone see Emmitt trying to steal the football from Irvin after his touchdown catch? Hilarious :laugh2:

pgreptom

Reaction score
lol, i forgot the black guy (the announer)'s name..

he makes 2 comments.. and they're off the wall.

at about 2:30

"yes, such a phsyical mismatch with irvin being so much bigger than green"

the guy just makes crazy comments.. at odd times, lol.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
wastedfluid said:
lol, i forgot the black guy (the announer)'s name..

he makes 2 comments.. and they're off the wall.

at about 2:30

"yes, such a phsyical mismatch with irvin being so much bigger than green"

the guy just makes crazy comments.. at odd times, lol.

That's Tom Jackson... He's been doing "Primetime" with Berman for eons it seems.

He's one of my favorites.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
ahhhhh, thanks for the clips.

Man, does that bring back good memories. Young, upstart team, just coming into their own.

Here's hoping that we're seeing something similar happening now.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
where do you guys get all this footage? Did you record the games then tranfsre them to your computer now?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Om said:

That game was the Skins equivalent of The Perfect Strom. Every thing that could go wrong, did---fourth downs against converted; Andre Collins' inexplicably lame onside kick recovery attempt; Hail Mary's; perhaps D. Green's worst game as a pro---you name it.

Against Dallas, no less.

I wish I could feel sorry for you, but it's just not in me to feel badly for the Commanders misfortunes...:D

:skins:

Nerm

Reaction score
I love watching that stuff, but it makes me sad at the same time. I really don't think that it will ever be that good again.

1 year later.
A QB and WR that are all HOFers in there early 20's. The best RB to ever play... in his early 20s. Consistently top 5 D's. An offence that had 11 pro bowl players (1995) if you count prime time). Consistently dominating teams that would have been dynasties if Dallas wasn’t in their way (49ers, GB, Buff).

It was great, but it will never be that good again. Kind of sad.

On the other hand, Dallas has a shot to put up better records than their 90's teams.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
That's right girl, you tell him! Fail, Commanders, Fail! And while I'm at it, don't you just love watching poor Joe Gibbs in his comeback attempt.....:skins: LOL!! I'm also lovin' BO's attempt to renegotiate his contract. Keep going you cocky *******, tear that team up too!

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Things I love about the videos.

1) Johnson onside kick call what balls!
2) Madden saying it's the best coached game he's seen.
3) Irvin tourching Green :D
4) Harper hail marry catch.
5) Emmitt touchdown run.
6) Emmitt walking on air for the 1st down.
7) Larry Brown int.
8) Beuerlein coming in after Troy got hurt.
:skins:

Irvin's downfield blocking on Emmitt's long runs should not be overlooked. He might have been the best of his era at that..

Oh, and that fourth quarter first down, where Irvin pushed Green's head into his shoulder pads and caught a slant in front of him, that should be on his HOF reel...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
and it's great to hear Madden and Summerall..brings back the fall weather and the sense that everything is "right"...

amen to that brother

Wolfpack

Reaction score
wow...thanks for the vids.

What a team and what a coach JJ was.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Wolfpack said:
wow...thanks for the vids.

What a team and what a coach JJ was.

The great thing about Johnson's coaching was that although we all know his life was focused on nothing else but the Cowboys, he still seemed to maintain a sense of balance. It's as if he said, "Hey, it's only football. The world isn't going to end over this game" even though he took losses about as badly as any coach in history.

But that sense of balance allowed him to gamble...to be aggressive unlike coaches like Schottenheimer and Herm Edwards who, when their seasons were on the line, played it conservatively.

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Man, that was awesome. Really makes you miss the big 3 and Moose as well.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Om said:

Against Dallas, no less.

Maybe that game actually helped you that year. Took the pressure of being undefeated and gave Gibbs motivational ammo that every game is important and should not be overlooked.