Vids of Boys breaking Commanders perfect record

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Sitting Bull said:
Irvin's downfield blocking on Emmitt's long runs should not be overlooked. He might have been the best of his era at that..

Oh, and that fourth quarter first down, where Irvin pushed Green's head into his shoulder pads and caught a slant in front of him, that should be on his HOF reel...

Drew Pearson was very good at it also just check out TD's 99 1/2 yd run for proof.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What I would give to have these games on VHS or DVD. Anyone know of a good source?

I agree with Nerm. I was both happy and sad watching those clips. How much do we miss Troy, Emmitt, and Michael? Just watch that video.

Om

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Maybe that game actually helped you that year. Took the pressure of being undefeated and gave Gibbs motivational ammo that every game is important and should not be overlooked.

Agreed.

Plus, it allowed Gibbs to rest a ton of starters in the meaningless regular season finale at the Eagles---something he may have thought harder about had they still had a shot at going unbeaten. We'll never know.

Still and all; two losses that year ... one to YOU guys in a true bile-churner, and one essential give-away to Philly at the end that still came down to the final plays.

THAT close to a perfect season. It's something us more mature (ahem) fans will not quite ever forget.

CowboyDan

Anger is a Gift
Reaction score
Thanks for posting these videos...........what a great game! How could they deny Michael Irvin his first chance HOF induction. I think Drew Pearson has a point when he says that Cowboys players are shafted by Canton because of it's close proximity to Pittsburgh.PS. Doesn't Julius Jones remind you of Emmitt??? Just a little bit??

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboyDan said:
Thanks for posting these videos...........what a great game! How could they deny Michael Irvin his first chance HOF induction. I think Drew Pearson has a point when he says that Cowboys players are shafted by Canton because of it's close proximity to Pittsburgh.PS. Doesn't Julius Jones remind you of Emmitt??? Just a little bit??
Too me JJ is a cross between Emmitt and Tony. He has TD's speed and ES's cutting ability.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Thanks for the memories!! That was the FIRST Cowboys game I ever attended in person! I'll never forget the old timers sitting behind me complainging about JJ coaching like a "coge coach"! LMAO! What a day!

jem88

Reaction score
Man those were sweet! Any more would be much appreciated (specially any with Ike Holt!)