Twitter: Vikings DE Ifeadi Odenigbo predicted our 2 minute drill plays

CowboysRule

Reaction score
He's not saying they knew the exact play, just that we tend to run even in the two minute drill. Calm down.

sbark

Reaction score
Ravens,w steelers, all have said it
3-4 yrs ago Viking players on the bench were yelling out our plays....

Garrett could at least hold a laminated play sheet with 225 lines of script on it.....at least look good lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The inference you guys are making about that tweet is absolute garbage. This is a totally stupid take on football....period!

All the player said was that we are not predictable, that we w still run in the 2-minute drill, and they had to respect that and be ready. How would you like it if they’d sacked the QB and the player said, “we knew we could pin our ears back and ignore the run. We knew our film study, and they do nothing but pass in the 2- minute drill.” I get so frustrated with this garbage. I have no problem firing Garrett and getting a fresh start, but you can’t twist everything into the same message.

The guy studied film and knew we “will” run in the 2- minute drill. That’s good for them because they were ready for anything, but it’s also saying the offense is not 1 dimensional in the 2- minute. He didn’t even hint that they knew we were going to run the ball.

ultron

Reaction score
It's extremely rare that Zeke gets stopped on 2 yard runs, especially twice in a row - who cares what the film shows, I don't need to watch film to tell you what they were going to do. It was poor blocking on both plays.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That’s not as incriminating as it might sound.

The tweet doesn't support the thread title. #FakeNews

Not being surprised by a run is not the same as "predicting" one and even less the same than predicting our whole 2 minute drill.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well, its either a run or a pass, so he had a 50-50 chance of being right. What would have helped would have been Connor Williams, you know, blocking someone.
Or not run behind the weakest link on the OL. I mean there is 3 ft in a yard and Zeke is about 6ft so run behind the best guard in football, Martin, and just fall forward.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Uhhh yes it is. The other team knowing what you're going to do is as bad as it gets. It is 100x worse than having less talent.

It was also obvious on the third-down play that he knew the playcall.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's really not, and it's especially not incriminating to suggest they might run with only 2 yards needed for a 1st down. That's really more of a "duh" thing than an indictment of anyone.

stuckindc

Reaction score
It's extremely rare that Zeke gets stopped on 2 yard runs, especially twice in a row - who cares what the film shows, I don't need to watch film to tell you what they were going to do. It was poor blocking on both plays.
they stopped him all night...we just drove down the field by passing...Dak was on fire...why not let him continue?! worst case he has to scramble and many times ...when it matters he does scramble and comes up with positive plays/ yards...

Creeper

Reaction score
After reviewing the picture someone posted showing the play as Dak was handing off to Zeke, it really was execution, not the play call - although I suppose you can argue execution was faulty the entire game so why think it would be different there. In any case, I don't think Connor Williams missed a block. It was Travis Frederick who missed the block. Williams was assigned to the 2nd level to wall off the LB and he was in position to do that. If Frederick gets there and pushes the DT outside, which should have been a fairly easy block considering the DT was heading north-south and Frederick had east-west leverage on him, there would have been a big hole for Zeke to run through and get at least the first down. But when the DT came through clean, Zeke had nowhere to go. Its a shame because if Frederick gets over to make the block, Zeke could have scored.

It would be interesting to see that play on video to see why Frederick was late getting over? Did the DT get a good jump? or was Frederick held up for some reason? I wonder what Frederick has to say about it.

stuckindc

Reaction score
After reviewing the picture someone posted showing the play as Dak was handing off to Zeke, it really was execution, not the play call - although I suppose you can argue execution was faulty the entire game so why think it would be different there. In any case, I don't think Connor Williams missed a block. It was Travis Frederick who missed the block. Williams was assigned to the 2nd level to wall off the LB and he was in position to do that. If Frederick gets there and pushes the DT outside, which should have been a fairly easy block considering the DT was heading north-south and Frederick had east-west leverage on him, there would have been a big hole for Zeke to run through and get at least the first down. But when the DT came through clean, Zeke had nowhere to go. Its a shame because if Frederick gets over to make the block, Zeke could have scored.

It would be interesting to see that play on video to see why Frederick was late getting over? Did the DT get a good jump? or was Frederick held up for some reason? I wonder what Frederick has to say about it.
or Dak could have pulled it and hit Cobb across the middle on a quick pass....