Twitter: Vikings DE Ifeadi Odenigbo predicted our 2 minute drill plays

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Read somewhere on the internet that Garrett replied to this and I quote.."You mean we run the same plays on our 2 min drill? Why didn't Moore tell me this?"

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It seems OUR team are like high school football players, needing to be told what to do, where to be when to get there etc. You know what makes a GREAT player, take Jerry Rice, he broke down film all week on an opposing SCB, knowing that players tendencies BEFORE getting on the field, he made it look EASY beating them. Because he knew where to be, how to get there and no one had to tell him. Some if not ALL of these players on this team need to spend a hell of a lot more time breaking down film on \who they will be matched up against...maybe they do, but it sure doesn't show on game day. I'd add these coaches need to do more of the same, because our game planning sucks!

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It seems OUR team are like high school football players, needing to be told what to do, where to be when to get there etc. You know what makes a GREAT player, take Jerry Rice, he broke down film all week on an opposing SCB, knowing that players tendencies BEFORE getting on the field, he made it look EASY beating them. Because he knew where to be, how to get there and no one had to tell him. Some if not ALL of these players on this team need to spend a hell of a lot more time breaking down film on \who they will be matched up against...maybe they do, but it sure doesn't show on game day. I'd add these coaches need to do more of the same, because our game planning sucks!

Again, that comes down to the coaching. This team is talented, no doubt, but they don't have the mental capacity to break down film, follow patterns, stay off of social media, etc. You think Belichick would allow this high school behavior? I bet he makes his team study all the time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the thread title was that he was able to predict the red zone plays rather than the 2 minute drill plays, that might make some sense, but the 2 minute drill plays …?

In our last possession we had 17 seconds to work with. Of course what we would be doing in that situation was predictable. There is only so much a team can do with that much distance and that little time and no timeouts. If talking about the previous possession, we started with 4:34 on the clock, so was that really a 2 minute drill? If so, he did a poor job predicting the plays because the Cowboys started at the 6 yard line and moved most of the length of the field with the Vikings looking completely incapable of slowing them down.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Many teams have said this about Jason Garrett’s Cowboys, both about the offense and defense. Yet they persist with this idiocy of changing nothing. This worked in the past because in the 90s that team had so many great playmakers in every position. We could be predictable because there was a good probability that the guy we had at that position was going to beat your guy just on skill alone.