Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I mean what are you gonna give us a 2nd? Because if not what's the point? I'd rather keep him if all we can get is a 4th or 5th.
1. We need to dump his salary. $5M is just stupid at this point for a player competing for a back up position.

2. Take whatever you can get in trade to get your $5M back. Cut your losses(please see Niners trade to Dallas)

Adreme

Reaction score
I mean what are you gonna give us a 2nd? Because if not what's the point? I'd rather keep him if all we can get is a 4th or 5th.
They arent going to offer that. They would offer a 5th or 6th at best. That was what the 49ers expected for him last year and adding one more year to the rookie deal does not make his value go up.

Edit: I genuinely do not understand the position of some in this thread where it was generally considered that the Cowboys overpaid for him, Lance did not play, and is a year deeper into the cheap rookie deal, and somehow his value is expected to be higher for reasons no one can articulate.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They arent going to offer that. They would offer a 5th or 6th at best. That was what the 49ers expected for him last year and adding one more year to the rookie deal does not make his value go up.
I understand which is why I said what's the point? Might as well keep him.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is practice where they are really going to see what the guy can do? I don't think so. Hell, Dak looks great in practice, but has it lead to anything more than a few easy wins against crappy teams?
Some players practice hard and others only turn it on during real live games. So be a lil cautious in that regard.