Vikings interested in Trey Lance?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
1. We need to dump his salary. $5M is just stupid at this point for a player competing for a back up position.

2. Take whatever you can get in trade to get your $5M back. Cut your losses(please see Niners trade to Dallas)
Yes. that 5 mill is nearly 2% of the cap! How will we ever manage?

The move on Lance is to give him a ton of work this preseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes. that 5 mill is nearly 2% of the cap! How will we ever manage?

The move on Lance is to give him a ton of work this preseason.
Well our best starting LB last year made less than $5M.

So you believe our 12th highest paid player on the team should an emergency QB at $5M.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Most people have written off Lance without even seeing him play for the Cowboys! Ridiculous. Give the guy a chance.
Anyone that’s written him off has never seen him play. The fans that support him have never seen him play. No one has seen the guy play.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Minnesota wanted Lance they would have offered San Francisco their 4th round pick in when we got him. I heard Buffalo was the runner up.

Loso86

Reaction score
1. We need to dump his salary. $5M is just stupid at this point for a player competing for a back up position.

2. Take whatever you can get in trade to get your $5M back. Cut your losses(please see Niners trade to Dallas)
They are not worrying about a first round back up qb with potential making 5 mil trust me especially after the cap raised as much as it did

Chasing6

Reaction score
Even Coach Jerry who hasn't seen him has high praise for him
They praise everything about him except his performance on the field.

Works hard, well spoken, looks the part, great athlete, shows up on time, he is young, has a high ceiling, etc. (blah, blah, blah.)

Question:

If GM Jeruh is trying to flip him, would he saying anything bad about him???

If he plays well in camp for Dallas. Why would anyone want to trade for him?

Didn't we just do that? And he could not learn the offense. So it was basically a wasted year and we will see what we have with him in a full camp and pre-season. So if he does well, then we trade him and he repeats the same cycle.

He goes to a new team, no camp, no preseason, no time to learn the offense. If he is going to be traded it has to be done during the draft.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Unless Dallas is 100% committed to making Trey Lance their next starting QB, I would trade him AND Michael Gallup to MIN for their #11 pick.

OR Lance + Gallup + Schoonmaker + #24 to CHI for their #1 pick.

then pick JC Latham (OT) or Marvin Harrison JR (WR)

I'm bad at this btw...

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Unless Dallas is 100% committed to making Trey Lance their next starting QB, I would trade him AND Michael Gallup to MIN for their #11 pick.

I'm bad at this btw...
I bet you've won countless Super Bowls on Madden :)

Chasing6

Reaction score

I'm bad at this btw...
Hahaha

Only GM Jeruh would make that trade.

Trance has little to no trade value. Gallup possibly could be traded with the way WR pay has gone through the roof - same reason we may end up keeping him.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just want to see him play so we can find out what he is. But it doesn't make sense for him to be here come next year if we extend Dak a few years.

I doubt we're get more than a 4th or 5th for him right now. Now if he shows something in the preseason, who knows. Though in that case I'd want to keep him here!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well if you were any team would you really give up much for lance? 1 good year in college and nothing in the pros except given up on by the team who drafted him in the 1st round.