CFZ Vikings played to our strength

Doomsday101

Reaction score
you can put down money that when Mike Vrabel and his Titans play us he won’t make that mistake.

as a matter of fact the defense will have 2 more very good tests to prove they can stop the run. They face the #2 RB in the league Barkley, Thursday, and #1 RB Henry after that.

those 2 contests should end any debate

Of course that is the Tenn strength is the run game. It is not really an option if Tenn can't run they are dead in the water. The run is their game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cooper Rush plays better than Cousins.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cowboys made changes on defense after the Packers game...
Maybe, but it was obvious to those watching, 11-72 by cooks isnt exactly shutting the rung game down.. they truly didn't stick to the run they had many opportunities on 3rd and short to run vs pass and they stupidly chose to pass. that was mistake in scheming. MN did what normal teams do when they are down multiple scores but the bears and GB decided we were NOT good enough to stop the run and bucked the trend.....

we will get a bigger dose of the run game from NY and our Achilles heel, a running, tough to tackle QB on a short week,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Of course that is the Tenn strength is the run game. It is not really an option if Tenn can't run they are dead in the water. The run is their game.
yes eagles, NYG, Washington, and titans will all be huge test to see if our Run D has learned anything and improved, MN got impatient and blew it. if that was KM he be roasted right now for testing that pass defense., it reminded me of how KM calls plays at times..like HUH, did thy not watch the GB game? the bears game? MN was truly full of themselves and figured 8-1 at home with all those offensive weapons, meh we can beat the Cowboys.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maybe, but it was obvious to those watching, 11-72 by cooks isnt exactly shutting the rung game down.. they truly didn't stick to the run they had many opportunities on 3rd and short to run vs pass and they stupidly chose to pass. that was mistake in scheming. MN did what normal teams do when they are down multiple scores but the bears and GB decided we were NOT good enough to stop the run and bucked the trend.....

we will get a bigger dose of the run game from NY and our Achilles heel, a running, tough to tackle QB on a short week,

They Bears got the crap kicked out of them 49 to 29 yes they ran the ball and ended up running the clock out on themselves. GB I grant you but even then Dallas could have closed that game out with a couple of 1st downs in the 2nd half. As for NY yes they will run and we beat them the last time we played them with a backup QB

blueblood70

Reaction score
They Bears got the crap kicked out of them 49 to 29 yes they ran the ball and ended up running the clock out on themselves. GB I grant you but even then Dallas could have closed that game out with a couple of 1st downs in the 2nd half. As for NY yes they will run and we beat them the last time we played them with a backup QB
so ? doesn't change facts, without a potent offense our D would have blown the bears game as well.

keep blaming the offense for the GB , that cute and excuses the defense blew that game 28 points/14 point 4th qtr leads wins games in this league..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yes eagles, NYG, Washington, and titans will all be huge test to see if our Run D has learned anything and improved, MN got impatient and blew it. if that was KM he be roasted right now for testing that pass defense., it reminded me of how KM calls plays at times..like HUH, did thy not watch the GB game? the bears game? MN was truly full of themselves and figured 8-1 at home with all those offensive weapons, meh we can beat the Cowboys.

Sure but we have played NY we have played Washington and Philly and actually all 3 with a backup QB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sure but we have played NY we have played Washington and Philly and actually all 3 with a backup QB.
live in the future not the past things have changed since then, we are talking defense and run defensive woes.. they have a lot to prove,

Doomsday101

Reaction score
live in the future not the past things have changed since then, we are talking defense and run defensive woes.. they have a lot to prove,

I live in the now. I agree defense need to do a better job on stopping the run but you act as if this defense is trash, they are not. That defense carried this team for 5 weeks as Dak was out. The season was over and yet defense stepped up and covered for an offense who could not sustain drives. We have faced NY we have faced Washington and we beat them. This is a young defense and still developing

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Kellen Moore hacked their communication and started calling plays.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did they though? Vikings had more yards per carry than Green Bay. That first 3rd and 3 Green Bay would have run the ball but the Vikings tried to throw for it and Micah got the strip sack.
Packers WR Watson had 3 TDs. GB did more than just run the ball to win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I live in the now. I agree defense need to do a better job on stopping the run but you act as if this defense is trash, they are not. That defense carried this team for 5 weeks as Dak was out. The season was over and yet defense stepped up and covered for an offense who could not sustain drives. We have faced NY we have faced Washington and we beat them. This is a young defense and still developing
Yes caried us until the eagles game, biggest game of the year, no one said trash but seeing posts about 85 bears and how awesome our d is , its not 11-72 to cooks is not stopping the run just because MN played into our hands.

Our offense last year was labeled blueprinted after the Denver game, well since the bears game our run d is now blueprinted, and teams that i mentioned will test that better then MN did,.so a lot to prove to be championship defense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But the poor run d sucked our d into playing 1-1 coverage and exposed KJ, Bland and brown to a very efficient pass PA Play offense. they made them count. you know this, they ran the ball so well the box had to be stacked to stop the bleeding and AR12 is the wrong qb to allow him to adjust to 1-1 coverage against lessor CBs with PA pass motions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes caried us until the eagles game, biggest game of the year, no one said trash but seeing posts about 85 bears and how awesome our d is , its not 11-72 to cooks is not stopping the run just because MN played into our hands.

Our offense last year was labeled blueprinted after the Denver game, well since the bears game our run d is now blueprinted, and teams that i mentioned will test that better then MN did,.so a lot to prove to be championship defense.

I agree this is not the 85 bears and this is not 1985. Teams knew the weakness of the offense was the run game long before the bears, hell 49ers in last season playoff game. I think Dallas needs to improve the run defense and we may never be a top run stopping defense but in a passing league that is not all bad thing.

Lutonio

Reaction score

THANK YOU.

The overreaction to running the ball is ridiculous. When I look back on the Green Bay game, I don’t think about stopping the run. I think about plays giving up a 50-ish yard TD pass on something like 4th and 6 in the 4th quarter while up by 14.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
or maybe they let dallas beat the crap out of them, so if they meet in playoffs, dallas players will think
it is a easy win, and then the real minn team catches them by surprise?
Maybe the dumbest troll post of all time right here

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree this is not the 85 bears and this is not 1985. Teams knew the weakness of the offense was the run game long before the bears, hell 49ers in last season playoff game. I think Dallas needs to improve the run defense and we may never be a top run stopping defense but in a passing league that is not all bad thing.
Was a passing league, things are shifting especially with mobile qbs who great runners are those RPOS, heavy dose of run type teams a few in our own division, has changed that narrative. we must adjust or they wont stop..

Jarntt

Reaction score
I thought the same thing midway through the third quarter. No idea why they wouldn’t keep pounding the ball on us after seeing GB. Sometimes coaches outthink themselves.
Wait, what? You thought mid way thru the 3rd Qtr they should keep pounding the ball? It was 37-3! How can you run the ball in that situation. You'll just run out the clock.

Scotman

Reaction score
If I'm coaching against the Cowboys, I'm running at the edges and right at Parsons. I don't pass unless is some kind of RPO.

I love our defense, but they haven't shown they can stop that yet.