Vikings trying to trade DE Hunter

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Keep an eye on this one for us… the Cowboys are stubborn and will probably come out and say” this was our plan all along”.

If you can make the money work, I would trade our first if that's what it took and not look back. This guy is an absolute animal and so much better than Randy, Von, Chandler and the kid from GB. And he is just entering the prime of his career. This would fix everything that the Cowboys screwed up this offseason. Everything!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Keep an eye on this one for us… the Cowboys are stubborn and will probably come out and say” this was our plan all along”.

Only way we would consider that, I believe, is if the Vikings would trade him straight up for Collins or the Vikings would trade him for whatever pick we get for trading Collins.

Plankton

Reaction score
The prior neck injury is a worry, as is the torn pec. I'd still look at bringing him in, because the thoughts of Tarell Basham or Dorance Armstrong being a pass rush end are frightening.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Same type of trade as Cooper trade, do it for a 5th. His salary is 1.4 million but due roster bonus of 18.5 guaranteed. Dallas would covert it to signing bonus over 5 yrs so cap hit would 5.4 mil in 2022 and 8.9 mil in 2023. Good deal if we do it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Stephen Jones offering all those 5th round picks to Minnesota right now and asking Hunter to sign a one year, 10 million deal. :laugh:

Tussinman

Reaction score
If you can make the money work, I would trade our first if that's what it took and not look back. This guy is an absolute animal and so much better than Randy, Von, Chandler and the kid from GB. And he is just entering the prime of his career. This would fix everything that the Cowboys screwed up this offseason. Everything!!
1st is way too high. Hunter missed all of 2020 due to neck surgery and missed over half of 2021 due to torn pec

His remaining deal is 2 years around 25 million total which is more than reasonable but given his injuries you shouldn't need a large draft haul to get him (3rd if alot of teams are interested or 4th should be enough, especially since Vikings cannot afford him so they'd rather get something in return).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hell, he'll probably have to settle for a one-year prove-it deal. I like our chances......

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hell, he'll probably have to settle for a one-year prove-it deal. I like our chances......

Don't get your hopes up. The Joneses are not likely even aware of this as they enjoy whatever they do during this time of year ... whether it's vacationing or planning big events at Jerry World, etc.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
1st is way too high. Hunter missed all of 2020 due to neck surgery and missed over half of 2021 due to torn pec

His remaining deal is 2 years around 25 million total which is more than reasonable but given his injuries you shouldn't need a large draft haul to get him (3rd if alot of teams are interested or 4th should be enough, especially since Vikings cannot afford him so they'd rather get something in return).
Thanks. I knew about the 2021 injury but missed the 2020 neck injury. Guess I’m about as tuned in as Stephen. :)

gimmesix

Reaction score
It makes sense, so Stephen won't do it.

Don't worry. In a couple of weeks, the Cowboys will announce they've signed Bargain Ben for 1-year, $1.75 million. We'll all Google this player we've either never heard or thought would receive more and rationalize the deal that we got, showing stats or video clips that prove that we uncovered some hidden gem especially since Kearse worked out so well last year.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
This is the ideal trade after losing Gregory. He is younger and cheaper with a lot more production.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stephen Jones offering all those 5th round picks to Minnesota right now and asking Hunter to sign a one year, 10 million deal. :laugh:
I’d at least respect that more than him not offering anything…..im afraid they aren’t doing a damn thing….

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
George Edwards brought in Griffen ( I know it didn’t work). But he also brought in Kearse who did work. He has ties with Hunter.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Coming off a torn peck. When healthy, he is better than Gregory, Miller, and Jones being only 27 years old.

So that means the Arlington Jonesboys will not sign him or sign him to a 2 year deal and void the last year to let him go an lead another team in sacks (see Robert Quinn).

Loso86

Reaction score
With all of these undercutting trades, it should not cost a 1