Vikings trying to trade DE Hunter

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Keep an eye on this one for us… the Cowboys are stubborn and will probably come out and say” this was our plan all along”.

give them a 5th.....because it sounds like they are going to cut him as to not to pay signing bonus....5th is better than nothing for them

Carson

Reaction score
These are the deals the Eagles make.

They will send a 6th to the Vikings for Hunter and a 5th and Minnesota will eat 3/4 of the cap hit.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
give them a 5th.....because it sounds like they are going to cut him as to not to pay signing bonus....5th is better than nothing for them

I don't think a 5th will do it. There will be much stiffer competition for his services than there was for Coop's. More valuable position and his contract is not nearly as bad.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
True, but Gregory wasn't always available via injury or suspension either.

Difference is hunter has provided results when he's played.
Let's be fair, Gregory's pressure figures were good.
Not saying I prefer either, but cannot pick and choose based on incomplete subjectivity.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What we do know is our LB coach was the DC in Minnesota, where we will fully know what type of player/person Hunter and even Barr is.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Let's be fair, Gregory's pressure figures were good.
Not saying I prefer either, but cannot pick and choose based on incomplete subjectivity.
I can, we are talking 60 sacks vs 16 with both coming into the league the same time. Danielle has had 14.5 sack seasons twice. Randy Gregory 6. Randy Gregory 25 season high tackles, hunter 72. Easy choice.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
We didn't even CALL Von Miller's rep, and he wanted to come here. Why would we call this guy???

Carson

Reaction score
We didn't even CALL Von Miller's rep, and he wanted to come here. Why would we call this guy???
The Miller to Dallas is just speculation.

Every big time player is always linked here. He knew, we knew, the world knew we weren't paying that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
cool a guy who have played like 5 games the past 2 entire season

sound like a big brain jerry and stephen move
right so irony is this place wanted them to go after Z smith who dint play but a half game last year. only when it suits the narrative huh?. lmao.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
They’ll cut him if no team trades and accepts that cap hit.

He hasn’t played much the last 2 years and they’re cap strapped.

I would wait and see if he gets cut. That contract is a no, no.

But he is a very effective player when on the field.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep an eye on this one for us… the Cowboys are stubborn and will probably come out and say” this was our plan all along”.

He makes 26mil this year it would have to be a trade and then immediate new contract offer for it to work. Probably worth our 3rd but if you could swing it for a 4th I would be all in on that
Dont think the Jones boys are going to do 26m a year.
What have they done in the past that gives any hope of that ?

The team that trades for Hunter will get him for about 12.5M on a 2-year deal with most of the money guaranteed.
- The new team will restructure his existing deal such that he will receive the same money and guarantees but the cap his is spread evenly over the 2 years.
- It would be a better deal than signing Gregory if the Vikings would take a 4th or later pick.

Daillest88

Reaction score
It turned out to be $17.5M for three years, $52M guaranteed. I'd rather have him than any of our current DL for that price. Von doesn't loaf off or use surgeries as leverage - our guys do.
Yea once you break the contract down it wasn’t bad at all, Gregory was getting 14 a year right? And Miller is a lot better.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I can, we are talking 60 sacks vs 16 with both coming into the league the same time. Danielle has had 14.5 sack seasons twice. Randy Gregory 6. Randy Gregory 25 season high tackles, hunter 72. Easy choice.
The comparison isn't the issue or the point, what's incorrect is saying that Gregory didn't perform....he did especially 2021, which in a league of what have you done lately, is the important thing.
When people look solely on: sack numbers, career figures or penalties in critical games it's an incomplete analysis of the player.
If you're talking Hunter or Gregory, you can like the former without having to diminish the latter.