Vinatieri and CBA

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm a little shocked some of you are being so hard on Nors. I think some of you folks are letting your anger over past arguments with the 3-4 Man cloud your judgment. I'd think anyone would suspect Doomsday to be full of it, even before one of his biggest "out on a limb rumors" proved to be false. I'm really sure someone joins a message board out of the blue just to provide us with "inside information." :rolleyes: His stuff sort of reminds me of Pro Football Weekly's feature "The Way We Hear It" after Joel Buschbaum died, when it ceased to be inside info, and more like stuff you could easily guess yourself. I think what makes the Zone a great place is how friendly and courteous everyone is, but I'm surprised some of you defend this guy like he is the real deal. The way he joined us was suspicious ("Hey guys, they don't want my inside info at that other website, so I'll join a site where they give me the appreciation I deserve!"), the methods & motives behind his info are suspicious ("Hey guys, I work for an NFL team, and want to betray my employers for no obvious reason, I haven't even told you if I'm a Cowboys fan!").... heck, everything about this guy sets off my you-know-what meter. This is not the same thing as the incident with Draegerman when he had a lot of friends to vouch for his honesty and past history. Draegerman also just passed on a random tidbit he learned out of coincidence, not some steady flow of inside info. Oh well, it's not my place to say who is full of it and who isn't, I just think some of you are letting the wool be pulled over your eyes, and being a little harsh on Nors for stating the obvious. Just my two cents.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Honestly, I'm a little shocked some of you are being so hard on Nors. I think some of you folks are letting your anger over past arguments with the 3-4 Man cloud your judgment. I'd think anyone would suspect Doomsday to be full of it, even before one of his biggest "out on a limb rumors" proved to be false. I'm really sure someone joins a message board out of the blue just to provide us with "inside information." :rolleyes: His stuff sort of reminds me of Pro Football Weekly's feature "The Way We Hear It" after Joel Buschbaum died, when it ceased to be inside info, and more like stuff you could easily guess yourself. I think what makes the Zone a great place is how friendly and courteous everyone is, but I'm surprised some of you defend this guy like he is the real deal. The way he joined us was suspicious ("Hey guys, they don't want my inside info at that other website, so I'll join a site where they give me the appreciation I deserve!"), the methods & motives behind his info are suspicious ("Hey guys, I work for an NFL team, and want to betray my employers for no obvious reason, I haven't even told you if I'm a Cowboys fan!").... heck, everything about this guy sets off my you-know-what meter. This is not the same thing as the incident with Draegerman when he had a lot of friends to vouch for his honesty and past history. Draegerman also just passed on a random tidbit he learned out of coincidence, not some steady flow of inside info. Oh well, it's not my place to say who is full of it and who isn't, I just think some of you are letting the wool be pulled over your eyes, and being a little harsh on Nors for stating the obvious. Just my two cents.
Yeah, it's only the Mods who have access to his IP address and e-mail address who are "vouching" for him.

Figured that would be an obvious give away. Guess not.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, it's only the Mods who have access to his IP address and e-mail address who are "vouching" for him.

Figured that would be an obvious give away. Guess not.

Well, if you say so, I just think it's awfully suspicious. I also think someone could have brought up his e-mail and IP were vouched for in the beginning. I know you folks did something like that with Pittdawg. I could have skipped 10 pages of reading. ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
God awfull and dead wrong so far with his insider predictions - Deal done - agreed to - business as usual. In Dooms81 exact words - "This should be good enough to test my credibility. This one is not a rumor, it's a fact."http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=750239#post750239

Again he has the forum to explain away - heck its a new week lets get an update. If the deal was done Friday as he stated - he'd have been posting away :)

I'm out till he posts again on this - there was no deal on last week. In fact - all facts from the NFLPA and owners validate that. Lets see soft deadline Thursday moved out again - both sides can't come to an agreement - clearly.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well, if you say so, I just think it's awfully suspicious. I also think someone could have brought up his e-mail and IP were vouched for in the beginning. I know you folks did something like that with Pittdawg. I could have skipped 10 pages of reading. ;)
I didn't think it was necessary. Apparently neither did the other Mods. Also, Pittdawg was invited here from the Pitt Panthers forum where his identity was already known.

No one is telling people not to doubt the man. Even he isn't. But if you look closely at the people who have said he's legit it ought to tell you something. Read the roster of names in this thread alone.

1. He was invited here by good posters who thougth him legit at the other forum where he was catching grief. They did this because they either wanted all of you to jump his butt too. Or they thought he had something to add to the forum.

2. I don't see anyone taking the ESPN guys to task for reporting a deal was almost done. I'm sorry but jealousy if pretty freaking obvious. We've lost good posters in the past over crap like this. I hope it doesn't happen again.

I happen to enjoy the inside info. Remember when Pittdawg told us about the death of Parcells brother? 7 hours before any media source had the sotry out. On other forums they were scrambling trying to discredit this forum. In the end, who was right and who was bitter?

Just food for thought.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I didn't think it was necessary. Apparently neither did the other Mods. Also, Pittdawg was invited here from the Pitt Panthers forum where his identity was already known.

No one is telling people not to doubt the man. Even he isn't. But if you look closely at the people who have said he's legit it ought to tell you something. Read the roster of names in this thread alone.

1. He was invited here by good posters who thougth him legit at the other forum where he was catching grief. They did this because they either wanted all of you to jump his butt too. Or they thought he had something to add to the forum.

2. I don't see anyone taking the ESPN guys to task for reporting a deal was almost done. I'm sorry but jealousy if pretty freaking obvious. We've lost good posters in the past over crap like this. I hope it doesn't happen again.
I happen to enjoy the inside info. Remember when Pittdawg told us about the death of Parcells brother? 7 hours before any media source had the sotry out. On other forums they were scrambling trying to discredit this forum. In the end, who was right and who was bitter?

Just food for thought.

Did Pittdawg really report that before the media? I must have been absent that week. Props to Pitt. The only juicy inside info I remember was something from Brown Sugar. I don't recall the incident, but I think it was something about Quincy Carter, his drugs, his cut, something in the soap opera that she told us before the media got a sniff.

Well, if you folks trust the folks who trust the folks who trust the guy that works with a team who trust another guy who works with a team, then I guess I'm cool with it. :D I just felt like you folks were being a little hard on Nors because it seemed like something anyone would doubt, not just Nors. I read Doomsday's first post again and found that he said he had been a Cowboys fan for 25 years, so I guess that's his reasoning for appearing out of the blue just to provide info. Just being a cool fellow Cowboys fan I guess.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nors said:
God awfull and dead wrong so far with his insider predictions - Deal done - agreed to - business as usual. In Dooms81 exact words - "This should be good enough to test my credibility. This one is not a rumor, it's a fact."http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=750239#post750239

Again he has the forum to explain away - heck its a new week lets get an update. If the deal was done Friday as he stated - he'd have been posting away :)

I'm out till he posts again on this - there was no deal on last week. In fact - all facts from the NFLPA and owners validate that. Lets see soft deadline Thursday moved out again - both sides can't come to an agreement - clearly.

you just can't stand someone else getting any attention, nors. like others have said, HOW MANY TIMES has the CBA changed directions? to hold ANYONE to ANYTHING is just ludicrious but you've got to do it simply because they're getting attention you're not.

how old are you again?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy said:
Did Pittdawg really report that before the media? I must have been absent that week. Props to Pitt. The only juicy inside info I remember was something from Brown Sugar. I don't recall the incident, but I think it was something about Quincy Carter, his drugs, his cut, something in the soap opera that she told us before the media got a sniff.

Well, if you folks trust the folks who trust the folks who trust the guy that works with a team who trust another guy who works with a team, then I guess I'm cool with it. :D I just felt like you folks were being a little hard on Nors because it seemed like something anyone would doubt, not just Nors. I read Doomsday's first post again and found that he said he had been a Cowboys fan for 25 years, so I guess that's his reasoning for appearing out of the blue just to provide info. Just being a cool fellow Cowboys fan I guess.
Everybody's entitled to their opinion. And no one is saying you shouldn't be skeptical. My thoughts are that the truth, whatever it is, will come out in the end.

People's issue w/Nors is that he's latched onto the issue w/a vigor that isn't necessary. Let the guy prove himself one way or the other.

And maybe the reason the guy wasn't online this weekend to defend himself is cuz he has a life :eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

Yes, Pittdawg reported that and a couple of other things long before the media had wind of them.

You menioned BrownSugar. Seen much of her lately? This same kind of witch hunt BS turned her off posting some of the stuff she was.

Nors is catching grief because quite frankly he's acting like a complete jerk. I really don't care if that hurts his feelings and that is not like me at all. I care very much about people's feelings.

There's nothing wrong with questioning someone who brings you a report. As I said, ESPN's Mort reported the same thing. Where's the vitriol towards Mort? The anger is centered on one person, a member of this forum, a Cowboys fan, who thought he'd throw some folks here some info he is hearing from the inside of an NFL Office.

By all means, let's crucify him.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yes, Pittdawg reported that and a couple of other things long before the media had wind of them.

You menioned BrownSugar. Seen much of her lately? This same kind of witch hunt BS turned her off posting some of the stuff she was.

Nors is catching grief because quite frankly he's acting like a complete jerk. I really don't care if that hurts his feelings and that is not like me at all. I care very much about people's feelings.

There's nothing wrong with questioning someone who brings you a report. As I said, ESPN's Mort reported the same thing. Where's the vitriol towards Mort? The anger is centered on one person, a member of this forum, a Cowboys fan, who thought he'd throw some folks here some info he is hearing from the inside of an NFL Office.

By all means, let's crucify him.

Someone wrote she got a new job outside of whatever position she got her info.

By the way, if this is indeed the message board that folks call "The Ranch," I found this here tidbit about this very post and their history with the guy:

http://mb19.scout.com/fcowboyupdatefrm10.showMessage?topicID=97742.topic&index=4

I still can't find Doomsday's previous posts on the Ranch. I was curious what type of stuff he would let those fellas in on.

I agree that Nors could find a better way of saying he thinks the guy is full of it, and that's why I always respect this site. You folks are courteous to everyone, even if they haven't given you reason to be. I just thought the pouncing on Nors with responses of "of course he's an insider" were a little dubious considering the circustances in which this fella popped up. Hey, I hope Doomsday is connected with some team and provides us with lots of great info, I just didn't think Nors was wrong for having doubts. Could have handled it better, I'll give ya that.

Hey Doomsday, if you're reading this, I hope you're legit and bring us lots of juicy info. Don't let any of this scare ya off. Just a friendly wrestling match. I tend to agree with Woody's Girl that you've probably just had too much on your plate lately to even read the forum. Heck, I know I've gone weeks without reading the places. (gulp, and they were hard weeks :p: ) One good thing about the Zone is you'll always find plenty of friendly and courteous members, so feel free to jump on in if you get a chance to read this thread.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Someone wrote she got a new job outside of whatever position she got her info.
She has a new job and a new beau, but she still visits here. Just isn't posting. Think about all the grief she caught, particularly at other forums. Ask yourself again, why isn't she posting. It's easy math.

I agree that Nors could find a better way of saying he thinks the guy is full of it, and that's why I always respect this site. You folks are courteous to everyone, even if they haven't given you reason to be. I just thought the pouncing on Nors with responses of "of course he's an insider" were a little dubious considering the circustances in which this fella popped up. Hey, I hope Doomsday is connected with some team and provides us with lots of great info, I just didn't think Nors was wrong for having doubts. Could have handled it better, I'll give ya that.
As I said, where is the vitriol towards Mort for reporting the exact same thing? This is directed at someone who will read it and it's over the top.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Jerry--don't get cheap, throw about 2. whatever it takes at him, a kicker would have given us at least three more wins last year no other one guy could have done this, the days of getting cheap on the kicker are past, the game has changed and we need to change too.....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
She has a new job and a new beau, but she still visits here. Just isn't posting. Think about all the grief she caught, particularly at other forums. Ask yourself again, why isn't she posting. It's easy math.

As I said, where is the vitriol towards Mort for reporting the exact same thing? This is directed at someone who will read it and it's over the top.

hos, i will say it's amazing to me you can't call someone a name, unless it's "Liar" (and there are a LOT of names i'd rather be called you can't say in here vs. "liar") but you CAN browbeat some people until they just don't return. yet if you get mad at that person and "lash out" then *you're* the one who gets the "chill out" message.

in some ways i can understand, hos. but it just seems that allows a "gray area" for a few to take advantage of in ways that are just frustrating to many of us.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mort reported -

at 11:10 last night Tags said he'd take the NFLPA deal back to the owners for a vote. Yup - at 59.5% :lol:

Tomorrow at 1:00 Owners start negotiating again - they did nothing but buy another 3 days.

Far cry from "agreement done 4 days ago"
Thats the fact of the matter - Hos

He has an open forum to update this story.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg said:
hos, i will say it's amazing to me you can't call someone a name, unless it's "Liar" (and there are a LOT of names i'd rather be called you can't say in here vs. "liar") but you CAN browbeat some people until they just don't return. yet if you get mad at that person and "lash out" then *you're* the one who gets the "chill out" message.

in some ways i can understand, hos. but it just seems that allows a "gray area" for a few to take advantage of in ways that are just frustrating to many of us.
People will always find the gray area of the Guidelines. We're not trying to be heavy handed here. We just want there to be mutual respect between the posters so that the least likelihood of forum wars occurs.

People are different. We understand that. People are not going to get along. We understand that too. We'd prefer people not even skirt the lines, but we give them every chance to have a "bad day" and still be a contributor here. It's the accumulation of bad days that gets old. I agree with you there.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
People will always find the gray area of the Guidelines. We're not trying to be heavy handed here. We just want there to be mutual respect between the posters so that the least likelihood of forum wars occurs.

People are different. We understand that. People are not going to get along. We understand that too. We'd prefer people not even skirt the lines, but we give them every chance to have a "bad day" and still be a contributor here. It's the accumulation of bad days that gets old. I agree with you there.

oh well - i'll just put him on ignore and ban the account he made at my site. i'll feel better in the end.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Mort reported -

at 11:10 last night Tags said he'd take the NFLPA deal back to the owners for a vote. Yup - at 59.5% :lol:

Tomorrow at 1:00 Owners start negotiating again - they did nothing but buy another 3 days.

Far cry from "agreement done 4 days ago"
Thats the fact of the matter - Hos

He has an open forum to update this story.
He doesn't have to update his story Nors. Or answer to you. Or validate his parking.

Your over exagerated self importance act is old.

20 bucks says if I hounded you about your welching on our bet even 1/4 as much as you're hounding this man (or hounded the Gretzky story) that you'd be screaming "attack, slander, etc. You know you would. I know you would. And a forum full of people who are wise to your schtick know you would.

So while you have your little self righteous paint brush out, take a long look at your hands. You've got paint all over yourself.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Hostile said:
He doesn't have to update his story Nors. Or answer to you. Or validate his parking.

Your over exagerated self importance act is old.

20 bucks says if I hounded you about your welching on our bet even 1/4 as much as you're hounding this man (or hounded the Gretzky story) that you'd be screaming "attack, slander, etc. You know you would. I know you would. And a forum full of people who are wise to your schtick know you would.

So while you have your little self righteous paint brush out, take a long look at your hands. You've got paint all over yourself.

Nors is a hypocrit. Just ban Nors he really doesn't add anything to the board. He is a shock jock with self importance the utmost priority. Unfortunately that won't happen. :banghead:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Personally, I think there's really nothing more to say in this thread by any party. What's been said is said and what's been done is done.

May as well close it and move on. We've got enough CBA threads as is.