Vinatieri and CBA

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Sorry Hos - your insider is well not an insider.

Still have yet to see Dallas OC named. Lacking that still have yet to see job FUNCTIONS defined. Mickster said that Haley/Palmer would share OC RESPONSIBILITIES - THATS A PUSHED BET.

You want to say you won - go Hos! You won!!!!!!!
I don't need to say it. You already did. Post #28 in that thread. Posted by you 3 weeks ago and as of now, welched on. I'm not surprised.

Nors said:
I'll start serving my 7 days off starting tomorrow!

Hos has won the crow bet - congrats

There's no push either. You said Parcells "would not promote from within." He did.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy said:
was it that bad? :p:

I just saw the irony in the situation... as I'm sure other posters and lurkers saw also..

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
NFL | League and NFLPA getting closer on revenue split with players
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:31:24 -0800

ESPN.com reports the NFL and the NFLPA are getting closer
on how much revenue would be split with players. NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw was originally seeking 60.3 percent, but the NFL was only offering 56.2 percent. The NFL has increased their offer to between 58.2 percent and 58.5 percent. An NFLPA source claims the league's best offer never got to the 58 percent range. Late Saturday, March 4, Upshaw told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that the union did come down "a little" from their 60 percent stance.

Again - no deal agreed to. There was no deal at 3-3-06 as previously reported.

Yes Hos - please write to Bill Parcells, Bill Bellicheck all you want - they'll write back :sarcasm:
please forward to board when they do. THANKS!

2 hours from cuts - an agreement has to happen FAST now. I anticipate another extension as ongoing impasse is further addressed.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors, I heard an inside rumor that the Cowboys and Patriots were in talks to trade towel boys and the deal also included a secretary to be named later. I'm sure the media will deny it but I know it's true. Book it!

:lmao2:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I don't know if enough about doomsday to say for sure one way or the other.

What I can say is that in my experience on the internet, 99% of the time that people claim to be insiders or have special knowledge about something, they are lying. When someone does have special insider knowledge, it is obvious and they never have to try to prove it by citing to unnamed sources.

Doomsday takes the same tact as all the other liars that I have encountered on the internet: have an undisclosed connection to undisclosed people/sources who all like to leak spurious (at best) predictions which are not any more informed than the opinions of posters here or the press. Now, the fact that he follows the same course as all of the other liars I have encountered on the internet doesn't in and of itself make him a liar too. All it does is suggest the proper view of him is a skeptical one.

He can prove me wrong. If he ever shows up wish some insider info that is orthogonal or contradictory to the conventional debate, and it turns out to be true, then I will accept him. But as long as he makes vague predictions from his unnamed sources that all center around the popular discussion, I'm not going to view him as anything other than an internet blowhard liar.

What I mean by this is the following: if, for example, the popular debate is that Houston is going to take Reggie Bush or trade down, and he rolls in and says "my source says they are going to take Ferguson" and then Houston does that, then I will believe him. Because then he is predicting something that isn't self-serving due to its obviousness. Or, for another example, if he says that "according to me source, team X is talking about trading player Y" and no one else is talking about team X and no one is predicting player Y will be traded, I'll believe him. Or to put it another way, my claim to have insider info isn't proved by my prediction that "my sources say the sun will rise tomorrow."

Until then, he is just another internet liar using made up sources to reinforce his preconceived wishes/beliefs.

But seriously, ask yourself this: why does he feel need to tell us that his information comes from sources? It's called bolstering. That is, it is said to make you think he might have special knowledge or that his opinion has more power than your's. If he does have insider info, and his only goal is to share it, then he can just say "The Patriots will sign Adam V. tomorrow." But sharing information is not enough, he wants you to believe him that he is an insider himself.

So, despite rambling for a bit, I will just say that if I was a betting man, I'd bet heavily that this guy is just another internet blowhard and liar. But as I said, I will allow him to prove me wrong.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cobra said:
I don't know if enough about doomsday to say for sure one way or the other.

What I can say is that in my experience on the internet, 99% of the time that people claim to be insiders or have special knowledge about something, they are lying. When someone does have special insider knowledge, it is obvious and they never have to try to prove it by citing to unnamed sources.

Doomsday takes the same tact as all the other liars that I have encountered on the internet: have an undisclosed connection to undisclosed people/sources who all like to leak spurious (at best) predictions which are not any more informed than the opinions of posters here or the press. Now, the fact that he follows the same course as all of the other liars I have encountered on the internet doesn't in and of itself make him a liar too. All it does is suggest the proper view of him is a skeptical one.

He can prove me wrong. If he ever shows up wish some insider info that is orthogonal or contradictory to the conventional debate, and it turns out to be true, then I will accept him. But as long as he makes vague predictions from his unnamed sources that all center around the popular discussion, I'm not going to view him as anything other than an internet blowhard liar.

What I mean by this is the following: if, for example, the popular debate is that Houston is going to take Reggie Bush or trade down, and he rolls in and says "my source says they are going to take Ferguson" and then Houston does that, then I will believe him. Because then he is predicting something that isn't self-serving due to its obviousness. Or, for another example, if he says that "according to me source, team X is talking about trading player Y" and no one else is talking about team X and no one is predicting player Y will be traded, I'll believe him. Or to put it another way, my claim to have insider info isn't proved by my prediction that "my sources say the sun will rise tomorrow."

Until then, he is just another internet liar using made up sources to reinforce his preconceived wishes/beliefs.

But seriously, ask yourself this: why does he feel need to tell us that his information comes from sources? It's called bolstering. That is, it is said to make you think he might have special knowledge or that his opinion has more power than your's. If he does have insider info, and his only goal is to share it, then he can just say "The Patriots will sign Adam V. tomorrow." But sharing information is not enough, he wants you to believe him that he is an insider himself.

So, despite rambling for a bit, I will just say that if I was a betting man, I'd bet heavily that this guy is just another internet blowhard and liar. But as I said, I will allow him to prove me wrong.
While you make valid points, how many times have you heard/read news stories from the major sports media sites/stations about something that never happens and later turns out to be completely untrue?

1) ESPN: Parcells is seriously considering retirement after the 2005 season .. Parcells denied it then and now we find out he never considered it.

2) ESPN claims CBA deal almost done around March 1st. Later says CBA deal "dead as a doornail." ESPN reported yesterday that the two sides were very close to a deal, yet both sides publicly said they were still far apart as of yesterday and today the two sides aren't even meeting in person at this point.

3) ESPN reports LeCharles Bentley to Philadelphia is a done deal days ago only to have Bentley come out and say there was no truth to that rumor.

4) Most of the sports world has T.O. coming to Dallas but Parcells and Jerry have denied any interest. Can it happen? Sure, but a lot of media make it sound like it's a done deal once T.O. is released.

5) Every released former Parcells player is rumored to be headed to Dallas yet there are plenty of players on the team who have no background ties with Parcell at all. I'm still waiting on Nors' "Ty Law is coming to Dallas" prediction from two years ago to occur. I guess if at some point Ty Law is signed by Dallas, Nors will be here to tell everyone "I told you so" even if it's 5 years from now. Perhaps he will bring William Green with him as Nors also predicted 2 years ago. Maybe they,re holding out for a package deal.

Here is a prediction from me .. The Cowboys will draft both offense and defense position players in this year's draft.

I just find it ironic that Nors, who constantly throws mud against the wall and brags openly when something eventually sticks while claiming everyone is out to get him, would be leading the charge against a new user who does the same thing minus the chest thumping of course.

-Reality is real

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Why is everyone so hung up on anyone on here having to "prove" something they say. Now don't get me wrong, I like to read what ALL you folks write, but this board, like all others, LIVES on gossip and rumors!!! That's the ONLY reason we all come here: to talk Cowboys. I dare say that a large portion of the "credible news sources" that we talk about (ESPN, FOXsports, etc) get most of their stuff from "insiders". Half the time their stories are wrong. Does that make them liars or BSers?? Maybe, but we all still read it...and post it...and discuss it ad nauseum (to anyone else). That said, I've never really understood the sticky on the board about posting unsubstantiated rumors. WHAT?!?!? ALL rumors are unsubstantiated, otherwise it would be called NEWS, not rumors. I guess by posting the link to Mort's story on Parcells retiring proved that it was credible? But, since it didn't happen, we have to say that it was not credible. Or the "Palmer has signed with__________ (fill in the blank with any team)"...now that sure was credible...link provided to prove it, huh? My point is that even though each of those examples proved to be false, like countless others from "credible news sources", we all still enjoyed checking in here and talking about it anyway. Some of you guys need to get some perspective in life and relax. If you don't want to believe what a particular poster says, then don't! But for God's sake...don't bore everyone with endless gobildy gook.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trueblue1687 said:
Why is everyone so hung up on anyone on here having to "prove" something they say. Now don't get me wrong, I like to read what ALL you folks write, but this board, like all others, LIVES on gossip and rumors!!! That's the ONLY reason we all come here: to talk Cowboys. I dare say that a large portion of the "credible news sources" that we talk about (ESPN, FOXsports, etc) get most of their stuff from "insiders". Half the time their stories are wrong. Does that make them liars or BSers?? Maybe, but we all still read it...and post it...and discuss it ad nauseum (to anyone else). That said, I've never really understood the sticky on the board about posting unsubstantiated rumors. WHAT?!?!? ALL rumors are unsubstantiated, otherwise it would be called NEWS, not rumors. I guess by posting the link to Mort's story on Parcells retiring proved that it was credible? But, since it didn't happen, we have to say that it was not credible. Or the "Palmer has signed with__________ (fill in the blank with any team)"...now that sure was credible...link provided to prove it, huh? My point is that even though each of those examples proved to be false, like countless others from "credible news sources", we all still enjoyed checking in here and talking about it anyway. Some of you guys need to get some perspective in life and relax. If you don't want to believe what a particular poster says, then don't! But for God's sake...don't bore everyone with endless gobildy gook.
Now, see .. I completely agree with this paragraph-challenged user! :D While we don't want things posted that are obviously false, information that the poster feels is accurate makes the off-season enjoyable.

-Reality

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Reality said:
Now, see .. I completely agree with this paragraph-challenged user! :D While we don't want things posted that are obviously false, information that the poster feels is accurate makes the off-season enjoyable.

-Reality

HEY!! Same thought= 1 paragraph. Just hang on, One of these days I'll give you one a little longer suitable for framing.:D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
Nors, I heard an inside rumor that the Cowboys and Patriots were in talks to trade towel boys and the deal also included a secretary to be named later. I'm sure the media will deny it but I know it's true. Book it!

:lmao2:

Stellar work

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:
I just find it ironic that Nors, who constantly throws mud against the wall and brags openly when something eventually sticks while claiming everyone is out to get him, would be leading the charge against a new user who does the same thing minus the chest thumping of course.

-Reality is real

Other than Law trade discussions that occurred in 2004- 99% of all my stuff here is MY OPINION.

Dooms81 game here CLEARLY saying he was an insider. He SAID the deal was done, signed, agreement in place. HE WAS FACTUALLY wrong.
It's 8:00 three days later and talks again broken off - his "breaking story" was fabricated and he knows it.

Thats a whole lot different than having opinions - this is a discussion board and without differing opinions there would be no discussions.

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
This board would be a lot better off without your pompous arse Nors. You have a serious inferiority complex and it is funny. Your opinion isn't worth crap to me, so I am just going to put you on ignore. I however will wait to judge Dooms since he hasn't made an idiot out of himself 15,000 times like you have. :zipit:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Reality said:

-Reality

Opinions and discussion are great and carry things. 10% of the board actually has a take and a vast majority sit back and read/enjoy or snipe and attack those that have a take.

Now when posters start publicly claiming they are insiders with an "NFL team" 12 posts in start talking about being at combine talking to Scouts/Agents, breakfast with JJ at NYC, topped off with the now infamous "3-3 CBA deal is done", agreement in place - business as usual and press release to follow.......THEN IT TURNS OUT TO BE DEAD FALSE.:lmao2:

Thats a slippery slope and deserves scrutiny!

JJ Go gas that Jet up! Where's that dude last year that broke JJ going to pick up Bledstud from the airport?????? Now that was inside greatness personafied!

rojan

Reaction score
Man were is Dooms81 anyways??? I am dying to here what he has to say...I still beleive in him, even Mort was reporting that the deal was close to done..

I hope he was right about T.O

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
rojan said:
Man were is Dooms81 anyways??? I am dying to here what he has to say...I still beleive in him, even Mort was reporting that the deal was close to done..

I hope he was right about T.O

Nors bullied him into a hole I guess. Guess we will never know if he was telling the truth now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
Other than Law trade discussions that occurred in 2004- 99% of all my stuff here is MY OPINION.

Dooms81 game here CLEARLY saying he was an insider. He SAID the deal was done, signed, agreement in place. HE WAS FACTUALLY wrong.
It's 8:00 three days later and talks again broken off - his "breaking story" was fabricated and he knows it.

Thats a whole lot different than having opinions - this is a discussion board and without differing opinions there would be no discussions.
Never happened.

I think I'll draft a letter to Scott Pioli to put an end to this faery tale once and for all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
5 Super Bowls said:
Nors bullied him into a hole I guess. Guess we will never know if he was telling the truth now.
He was telling the truth about working for an NFL Team. All he was doing was reporting what he was being told. I have a feeling he'll be around.