Vince McMahon's list of the top 5 wrestlers of all time...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sure do know a lot about wrestling. Great!

LOL!

Rich is the one that really knows about wrestling.

I haven't paid much attention to it since the collapse of WCW and ECW.

Prior to that I was a big fan of several territories... started watching it on TV in the late 60's.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
LOL!

Rich is the one that really knows about wrestling.

I haven't paid much attention to it since the collapse of WCW and ECW.

Prior to that I was a big fan of several territories... started watching it on TV in the late 60's.

To me you know a lot. It's all interesting but kind of confusing.

I do wonder why they cater to the kids so much & then went duh. Money of course.

I realize what they do is not real but some of that stuff looks really painful.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me you know a lot. It's all interesting but kind of confusing.

I do wonder why they cater to the kids so much & then went duh. Money of course.

I realize what they do is not real but some of that stuff looks really painful.

One of the challenges with pro wrestling today is that there is no legitimate heat for any competitor.

During the 40's fans literally hated Gorgeous George.

During the 50's fans literally hated Buddy Rogers.

During the 60's fans literally hated Killer Kowalski.

You simply don't get that now-a-days. Fans hated Roddy Piper. Today's fans simply aren't over with any of the wrestlers.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
One of the challenges with pro wrestling today is that there is no legitimate heat for any competitor.

During the 40's fans literally hated Gorgeous George.

During the 50's fans literally hated Buddy Rogers.

During the 60's fans literally hated Killer Kowalski.

You simply don't get that now-a-days. Fans hated Roddy Piper. Today's fans simply aren't over with any of the wrestlers.

I saw that Roddy Piper on some home show (he was shopping for a mega mansion in Portland so he's rich) & he said he had been stabbed by fans. Several times I think he said. He seems like a great guy. Long marriage with very nice kids. I remember thinking who would stab a guy who is just wrestling?!?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I saw that Roddy Piper on some home show (he was shopping for a mega mansion in Portland so he's rich) & he said he had been stabbed by fans. Several times I think he said. He seems like a great guy. Long marriage with very nice kids. I remember thinking who would stab a guy who is just wrestling?!?

LOL!

Yeah, I remember that... And that's just the tip of the iceberg of what happened between fans and "heels" from time pro-wrestling became more staged (around WWI) and about the time Vince came out and publically said it was all phony.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I saw a couple of local incidents when they had wrestling at the Fairgrounds here in OKC.
First one was the Assassin vs Cowboy Bill Watts.
They really worked this one up good as Watts "almost" had the mask off on more then one occasion. The assassin as was his modus operandi "loaded" his mask knocking Watts out and giving the Assassin the win. At the end of the night about 30 or fans gathered at the back entrance to the arena and out walks Scandor Akbar and the Assassin who was unmasked but head was covered with a towel. They high tailed it into their car which by all account was a junkbox on wheels amid countless threats and profanities and as they were squeeling away more then one rock was thrown at the vehicle.

The second was the Assassin against Tiger Conway Jr{if memory serves correct}. After the match the crowd was raging as the Assassin eeked out a win by use of a foreign object again. I was literally about 4 feet from the Assassin and someone hit him on the shoulder....well he turned and took a blind swing which completely knocked a older lady on her keister. The cops were on the scene and asked about pressing charges and lady pretty much said no and laughed it off.

I used to hate that guy as well as Scandor Akbar and was surprised to actually find out in real life the Assassin {Jody Hamilton} was actually a pretty good guy as well as being pretty articulate.

Other things I miss from old school wrestling and I think these are 2 of Gordon Solies famous lines....
Its turned into a real pier sixer
He got pearl harbored.
LOL......

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other things I miss from old school wrestling and I think these are 2 of Gordon Solies famous lines....
Its turned into a real pier sixer
He got pearl harbored.
LOL......

Gordon was the best. It's not even close.

Luved it when he said "suplay" instead of "suplex".

The guy worked hard to bring legitimacy to pro wrestling.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Ha! How did that ugly guy get that cute gal? He's nasty looking.

to be fair, he looked at lot more like this when they began to date like 2 or so years ago and she doesn't seem superficial at least compare to her sister who is the one that has boob implants.

bryan-danielson.jpg

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Ok wrestling guys.

I was flipping the channel last night & saw something called IMPACT WRESTLING.

Is that WWE too?

I watched it for a few minutes & it was sort of cheesy, low budget kind of look to it.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Ok wrestling guys.

Is that WWE too?

I watched it for a few minutes & it was sort of cheesy, low budget kind of look to it.

That's the WWE minor league system

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
to be fair, he looked at lot more like this when they began to date like 2 or so years ago and she doesn't seem superficial at least compare to her sister who is the one that has boob implants.

bryan-danielson.jpg

He looks tons better clean cut. I cannot imagine anyone going for that homeless guy look. Nasty. Thanks.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
Ok wrestling guys.

Is that WWE too?

complete different company called TNA (Total Non-stop Action). it's the only other televised wrestling promotion besides the WWE. It has its moments but for the most part it is very mediocre.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
complete different company called TNA (Total Non-stop Action). it's the only other televised wrestling promotion besides the WWE. It has its moments but for the most part it is very mediocre.

Ok so it's not the WWE?

It just looked kind of cheesy. Like they filmed it in a really small tv studio or something.

Thanks.