Vince Young QB?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know some of us give Young a hard time but this kid is putting up numbers.

His line against the Buffs:

Cmp Att YDS CMP% LNG TD/P INT RAT Rush YDS AVG LNG TD FBL
25 29 336 86.2 62 2 0 137.9 10 58 5.8 16 3 0

394 and 5 TDs with that Completion Percentage is pretty damned impressive for anybody.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The buffs stunk the place up SAT. They had no D whatsoever and on top of that they let Young get outside and run on them.

Its like when Jeremy Shockey caught the last TD pass yesterday. Nobody was on him. How does he get NOBODY assigned to him? I want to go up against that D every Sunday if Im an offense.

Young is a good college QB. He is big and strong. I still dont think he is an NFL qb. I may be wrong but many think Young is a project QB at best after college. He is still far to inconsistent w/ his passing. Still has an odd way of throwing the ball.

I would not even place him close to Leinhart. One is a pure passing attack QB w/ some mobility. The other is a big guy who can run great and pass fair.

Ill take the pure passer everytime on my team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
The buffs stunk the place up SAT. They had no D whatsoever and on top of that they let Young get outside and run on them.

Its like when Jeremy Shockey caught the last TD pass yesterday. Nobody was on him. How does he get NOBODY assigned to him? I want to go up against that D every Sunday if Im an offense.

Young is a good college QB. He is big and strong. I still dont think he is an NFL qb. I may be wrong but many think Young is a project QB at best after college. He is still far to inconsistent w/ his passing. Still has an odd way of throwing the ball.

I would not even place him close to Leinhart. One is a pure passing attack QB w/ some mobility. The other is a big guy who can run great and pass fair.

Sorry Dallas. Although your opinion, may have validity, I have to disqualify you on the basis that your an OU fan.

;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ABQCOWBOY said:
Sorry Dallas. Although your opinion, may have validity, I have to disqualify you on the basis that your an OU fan.

;)

He is not an OU fan...he just plays one on an net message board. :p:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
He is not an OU fan...he just plays one on an net message board. :p:

LOL.....

Congratulations to you and them Mountain boys BTW.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

;)

I'm a big UT fan and like Young but I still feel another year in college would be the best thing for him. He has improved a lot from last year as far as his passing goes but I think he would be better served to go 1 more year of college

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas said:

Everybody keeps talking about how inconsistent Young is but damnit the kid is completing 67.4 % of his passes.

93 138 1357 67.4 9.83 64 12 5 8 113.1

What the hell do you call consistent?

Texas33

Reaction score
I think the Buffs had a letdown against VY because the week before they had played ATM and Reggie McNeil and totally dominated them ..... and everyone knows Reggie is better...just ask Reggie and/or ATM fans.

calico

Reaction score
Vince is the real deal.

He has thrown on EVERYONE this year, including a very good Ohio State secondary. The guy cannot get a break. It used to be that he could not throw, now, teams force him too and he has looked better and better with each game, but he still gets ripped on.

I am a horn fan, but the guy has put the time in and can throw the damn football...soo much so that he may not come back for his senior year.

He is the heart and sole of the Longhorn football team and the entire program has taken on his leadership.

I just have to question those who say he can't throw, or only throws on so and so, with what games they have been watching. No one has come close to stopping him.

He will be an NFL QB and he will succeed. Just give him some time to continue with his footwork.

Vince can read defenses now people...stop believing what the media said last year. He has surprised me with his gigantic step forward. I never thought he would throw the ball this well.

Credit to the Texas coaches for hooking up with the Indy Colts coaches this offseason and working on the playbook.

Texas33

Reaction score
Vince is going to kick *** in the NFL !!! the only good thing about Vince leaving UT is he will not be playing for the deadskins and/or 49'ers...please stay for your Senior year Vince !! :pray2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
He needs to stay in college another year but this time actually work on this mechanics and throwing motion. He's good, but he won't be a great NFL QB unless he improves dramatically in those areas.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Rack said:
He needs to stay in college another year but this time actually work on this mechanics and throwing motion. He's good, but he won't be a great NFL QB unless he improves dramatically in those areas.

Exactly. He has that magical word, "potential".

Right now he is severely overrated.

He is good, but not great.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

As a college player I wouldn't call him overrated. IMO, he's one of the top 3 best players in college football.

But as a pro prospect, yes he is overrated.

joseephuss

Reaction score
calico said:
Vince is the real deal.

He has thrown on EVERYONE this year, including a very good Ohio State secondary. The guy cannot get a break. It used to be that he could not throw, now, teams force him too and he has looked better and better with each game, but he still gets ripped on.

I am a horn fan, but the guy has put the time in and can throw the damn football...soo much so that he may not come back for his senior year.

He is the heart and sole of the Longhorn football team and the entire program has taken on his leadership.

I just have to question those who say he can't throw, or only throws on so and so, with what games they have been watching. No one has come close to stopping him.

He will be an NFL QB and he will succeed. Just give him some time to continue with his footwork.

Vince can read defenses now people...stop believing what the media said last year. He has surprised me with his gigantic step forward. I never thought he would throw the ball this well.

Credit to the Texas coaches for hooking up with the Indy Colts coaches this offseason and working on the playbook.

As long as he is not the team's heel. :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:

Are you talking about Jason Campbell? :D

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Are you talking about Jason Campbell? :D

He pull out the dagger. I should have seen it coming.

And Rack - I meant that as well. As a college player the guy is definitely a beast. But as we all know that means diddly when it comes to being a pro.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
He pull out the dagger. I should have seen it coming.

And Rack - I meant that as well. As a college player the guy is definitely a beast. But as we all know that means diddly when it comes to being a pro.

Well Heath Shuler certainly proved that scenario wrong... oh wait... :D

Just funnin' ya... ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Well Heath Shuler certainly proved that scenario wrong... oh wait... :D

Just funnin' ya... ;)

Who ? I dont remember who that is. I have erased my memory of said player.

:(

jimmy40

Reaction score
Rack said:
As a college player I wouldn't call him overrated. IMO, he's one of the top 3 best players in college football.

But as a pro prospect, yes he is overrated.
Who has him rated that high? Where is he rated to go?