Vince Young QB?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
but its a simplistic offense built around 8th grade offense type plays

Oh so "8th grade offense type plays" (whatever the F that means) is good for a QB? Why don't ALL offenses run these simplistic offenses then?

If anything, having such a "Simple" offense makes Young's numbers even more impressive.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack said:
Oh so "8th grade offense type plays" (whatever the F that means) is good for a QB? Why don't ALL offenses run these simplistic offenses then?

If anything, having such a "Simple" offense makes Young's numbers even more impressive.

ok, whatever Rack

Vince Young is the greatest NFL talent at QB I've ever seen :rolleyes:

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
ok, whatever Rack

Vince Young is the greatest NFL talent at QB I've ever seen :rolleyes:

David

Typical. Take something I say and blow it way out of proportion.

Here's a :rolleyes: right back at ya.

jay cee

Reaction score
Rack said:
Typical. Take something I say and blow it way out of proportion.

Here's a :rolleyes: right back at ya.
Funny how they do that when you make a statement and they don't have a legitimate rebuttal.

Not that Dbair has made any legitimate statements in this thread. No one can say for sure how a player will turn out.

That's why Montana went in I believe the 3rd round, and Brady the 6th.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jay cee said:
Funny how they do that when you make a statement and they don't have a legitimate rebuttal.

Not that Dbair has made any legitimate statements in this thread. No one can say for sure how a player will turn out.

That's why Montana went in I believe the 3rd round, and Brady the 6th.

your right, nobody knows for sure how a player will turn out

that said, players like Young dont usually turn into solid NFL QB's....he isnt in an NFL style system...he has poor mechanics...he has mediocre at best accuracy...he has a slow release

David

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
now, here's a double :rolleyes: :rolleyes: at you!

:D

David

:cool:

that said, players like Young dont usually turn into solid NFL QB's....he isnt in an NFL style system...he has poor mechanics...he has mediocre at best accuracy...he has a slow release

David

Like I said, he does need work on his mechanics, but he does have a strong arm, size, an extreme amount of mobility, and a knack for the big play. He COULD become a good NFL QB, but he will need work.

There was another mobile, tall, lanky, slow delivery QB that was pretty good in his time... Randal Cunningham. Not saying Young will have a good/solid NFL career like Cunningham did, but he can. But, again, his mechanics need work.

jay cee

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David
Well, that said, most college qb's don't usually turn into solid NFL QB's.....no matter what system they used in college.

That's why the draft is such a crap shoot. No one can say for sure, which players will succeed or fail. Not even the guys that are being paid big bucks to make these determinations.