Vince Young??

RS12

Reaction score
A diva without diva talent. You can have him.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Vince would be an improvement over Stephen McGee and most backup quarterbacks in the NFL. However, with an entrenched starter such as Romo, the Cowboys would be unwise to sign Vince, even as a backup. He has quite the loyal and often rabid following in Texas--a hero to many--and his presence would create a highly combustible situation in the event that Romo has a poor game or two.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
I am a huge Longhorn fan, but Dallas is not the place for Young.
I could not believe it when I heard people on 105.3 fm tonight saying that Young was better than Tony :lmao2:

Like someone has posted earlier, it really is gonna be a long offseason...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
"Vince could push/motivate Romo a little"

HAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAABAAAAAAAAHAAAAAABAAA!!!!!

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;3785420 said:
It was the Titans game this year that Vince was actually throwing to one Titan WR and he overthrew him and the other WR caught the ball and still beat our secondary! Figures!

He does have talent. You're right. I just had a thought..wonder if the Skins would be interested?

Wow. VY and Shanahan. I'd pay money to see that collision.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If we had no QB, I'd take a guy like Young who can avoid the pass rush and give you a chance to make first downs with his legs, but he's not taking a team anywhere....for the forseeable future.

NO thank you.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
VY is going to "push" and "motivate" Romo just as much as I'm about to get out of bed this morning.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, that 05 draft is looking like bustville now. Young, Lienart, and Bush.

Bush at least has a ring, but it was more of him being along for the ride, he can thank Drew Brees and Sean Payton for his bling bling. Noway has he lived up to being the #2 overall pick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Mario williams was the only guy drafted high that has shown the talent and production to warrant his pick. Considering how many "experts" laughed its interesting.

What is it that some STUPID FANS seem to think every idiot released should come here?

Stautner

Reaction score
TXCowboyVol;3785317 said:
I know Kitna's still got game, but 38 is 38...with the potential lockout, he may be 40 by the time we're playing football again. VY is officially out now in TN! He's a local fan favorite, could actually push/motivate Romo a little, and he could be brought in as our hybrid/"slash". We could insert him in certain situations. He has a cannon for an arm....think back to Randall Cunningham throwing up to a young Moss! VY 70 yd bomb to Dez!! Imagine him inserted in our wildcat like Brad Smith is for the Jets...except he's a 10X the player Brad Smith is.....jus sayin'....

One big flaw - you are equating Randall Cunningham with Vince Young. Not the same.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Apparently some people have forgotten that Young scored 6 on the 50 question, 12 minute Wonderlic test given to players at the combine. He was allowed to retake the test, and scored 12.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Vince Young does not have the mental makeup to be a good backup QB. The backup spot is much different than being a starter. It is not about whether Young is a good QB or not. That is a different argument. Being a backup takes a special mindset. You have to set aside your ego and work just as hard as the starter in the film room and studying the game plan. Really, you have to work harder because you are not going to get the snaps in practice to help iron out some of the things you are studying.

Kitna is a great backup. He knows his role. I don't think Young could accept a backup role and do the things he needs to do. He is an entitled guy who thinks he should be the starter. Really, which what QB who has started for some while in the NFL isn't. I didn't think Bledsoe would be a good backup when Romo took over. Some guys can do the backup role and some guys can't.

juck

Reaction score
As a backup I dont see why u wouldnt want him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
maybe because you want a backup to be ready to go and also understanding his role as backup. VY would be neither.

burntricersx

Reaction score
WHY? Why is it that every single, stinking time a player gets cut, a thread like this pops up?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? It's Vince Young...he's got screws loose and is just an awful QB. WHYYYYYYYYYY?

Stautner

Reaction score
burntricersx;3785851 said:
WHY? Why is it that every single, stinking time a player gets cut, a thread like this pops up?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? It's Vince Young...he's got screws loose and is just an awful QB. WHYYYYYYYYYY?

I'm wondering why the link was made between Vince Young and Randall Cunningham. Is it some refence to the fact that both are lanky, black and can run? If so, it's a pretty stupid means of comparison, because there is nothing else in common between Young and Cunningham - and certainly nothig that suggests Young could ever become the QB Cunningham was.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
burntricersx;3785851 said:
You should know by now we don't have the brightest fanbase.