Video: Vintage Romo

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
The feeling in the stadium that day when Claiborne got the interception was so strange. It was like what just happened? Did he catch that? Did manning throw an interception.

and One of Romo's great throw's was that Deep ball to Williams. Romo had the fighting spirit like few athletes I have ever watched. He knew he basically had to be perfect because the defense was so awful it was a joke.

and yet after the game nationally and locally everyone ripped him and made him out to be something he never was.

I hate that he is not here anymore and I hate that he didnt get the respect he deserved until the end of the 14 season and then the season was stolen from the team and his career was basically over.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Romo was never the problem in Dallas, he was pretty much the sole reason we even had winning seasons
I agree with that. Romo had his hiccups but was a great QB and kept us somewhat relevant for the good part of his career.

I will never forget watching this on tv lol

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Then if that is the case the ball was forced and was a bad decision. Should have checked down to Murray who was open then. I just thought it was great defense. But ball would have been broken up and looking at 3rd and 16 instead of picking up yards with Murray
No, Romo was already throwing the ball when he drifted on the route. If the LB breaks it up it’s most likely a pass interference if the route was ran properly.

GenoT

Reaction score
Maybe we can bring Tony back to hold for FGs and PATs.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
No, Romo was already throwing the ball when he drifted on the route. If the LB breaks it up it’s most likely a pass interference if the route was ran properly.
Well, I would prefer he take the wide open option there instead of throwning into coverage. I had assumed Escobar was open and the pass just lost its zip but he was open because he drifted. My mistake not realizing that. I had argued against claims he should have hit Murray for many years, but now agree that was the smart option. I can admit when I am wrong. Murray was open, Escobar was not. Bad decision.

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
When Dak is as good as Romo someone needs to let me know cause he is not there yet. Romo had bad games that were better than Daks best games

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
When Dak is as good as Romo someone needs to let me know cause he is not there yet. Romo had bad games that were better than Daks best games

Well give Dak a younger, more motivated Dez (which Romo had), and a younger Witten too. That can only help Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well give Dak a younger, more motivated Dez (which Romo had), and a younger Witten too. That can only help Dak.
Romo was a one man show. He had to carry Witten and Dez...and Ware, Tyron, Lee, Murray, etc. All dead weight that caused Romo’s back to wear out. Those players wasted Romo’s career and never gave him a chance

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I really want Dak to be better than Romo but last season exposed his weaknesses he needs to recover and come back strong because he made Witten and Dez look bad along with the rest of the receivers. Dak lived up to his scouting report last year It is show time either he improves or draft a 1 st round QB and make him what he is . A back up QB a buss driver he won with Romo's team

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I really want Dak to be better than Romo but last season exposed his weaknesses he needs to recover and come back strong because he made Witten and Dez look bad along with the rest of the receivers. Dak lived up to his scouting report last year It is show time either he improves or draft a 1 st round QB and make him what he is . A back up QB a buss driver he won with Romo's team

Witten was just being old Witten and Dez hasn't been Dez for awhile now. Dak can only do so much. As for drafting a 1st round qb, good luck with that at #19 (who is better than Dak).

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
I love Romo...but didn't he throw the game ending interception in that contest?

if the defense had forced a punt or two it wouldn't have made a difference. I'd love to see how you'd react under the kind of stress Tony was under

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Witten was just being old Witten and Dez hasn't been Dez for awhile now. Dak can only do so much. As for drafting a 1st round qb, good luck with that at #19 (who is better than Dak).
Dont have to draft one we have a backup that can do what Dak did drive the buss