Video: Vintage Romo

JustChip

Reaction score
the defense could not FORCE ONE SINGLE PUNT so Romo HAD to take chances. But then haters like you never understand or even want to understand.

You are sooooo off base on this. I am not a "hater", whatever that the heck that is. To the contrary, I was and still am a Romo supporter. I've said on here that I believe if you swapped Tony and Eli, Tony would probably have won a SB with the Giants and Eli probably would not have with the Cowboys, but that's pure speculation.

However, I'm not some Romo star-crossed lover that can't look at things objectively. Romo most likely elevated this team above what they would've been otherwise, but as he rightfully gets credit, he was part of the failures and, therefore, should be criticized appropriately. Vintage Romo was escaping sacks and throwing 5 TDs, but it is a FACT that he also threw an unforced error INT to seal the game, same as he did in Pittsburgh and in numerous other games. And in the 2k7 playoff game, Patrick Crayton let him down and MAYBE cost us the game, but Tony also panicked at crunch time and took a very ill-advised intentional grounding penalty that was very costly.

My point about Favre was that he only wanted to talk about the positives - the same as the Romo "apologists". You can't talk about one without the other.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You are sooooo off base on this. I am not a "hater", whatever that the heck that is. To the contrary, I was and still am a Romo supporter. I've said on here that I believe if you swapped Tony and Eli, Tony would probably have won a SB with the Giants and Eli probably would not have with the Cowboys, but that's pure speculation.

However, I'm not some Romo star-crossed lover that can't look at things objectively. Romo most likely elevated this team above what they would've been otherwise, but as he rightfully gets credit, he was part of the failures and, therefore, should be criticized appropriately. Vintage Romo was escaping sacks and throwing 5 TDs, but it is a FACT that he also threw an unforced error INT to seal the game, same as he did in Pittsburgh and in numerous other games. And in the 2k7 playoff game, Patrick Crayton let him down and MAYBE cost us the game, but Tony also panicked at crunch time and took a very ill-advised intentional grounding penalty that was very costly.

My point about Favre was that he only wanted to talk about the positives - the same as the Romo "apologists". You can't talk about one without the other.
Looking at things in regard to Romo means you're somehow a "hater."

JustChip

Reaction score
Looking at things in regard to Romo means you're somehow a "hater."

Verily, verily. Same with Dak - you're either a Dak "hater" or a Dak "apologist". And Dez, and Garrett, and ....... There's a serious dearth of objectivity and reality based analysis. Jeez, too many respond like they're from Venus.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Verily, verily. Same with Dak - you're either a Dak "hater" or a Dak "apologist". And Dez, and Garrett, and ....... There's a serious dearth of objectivity and reality based analysis. Jeez, too many respond like they're from Venus.
I meant to say looking at things objectively. You're right.
Too much emotion, too little deep breaths

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

I was always a Romo supporter while he played but I was defending against claims that he sucked and the team couldn’t win with him. Now, you have to argue agianst Romo because he has become the Chuck Norris of QBs. I don’t mind arguing against the Romo fanatics that believe he walked on water or being considered a hater for it. That’s how things work on the internet so I just roll with it.

The funny thing about the intentional grounding penalty is he had just taken a bad sack when he should have thrown the ball away. Then he takes a grounding penalty. But he also missed a wide open Terrell Owens in the red zone on 3rd down that would have put us up 21-14, instead we had to settle for a FG. I understand mistakes happen, but the only thing we hear about it Crayton. Romo makes mistake it is OK, Crayton does it and cost us the game when the truth it all mistakes add up to prevent us from winning, including Romo’s.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Why would any Cowboys fan want to frame a constant reminder of that heartbreak???
My Grandfather is a truck driver carries the generators for NBC Sunday night and Thursday night football I would say for the past 12 years or so. He runs cables on the sideline with the camera crew as well. 70 years old and still manages it. Been to like 4 superbowls including the last one and a few pro bowls. He has kept literally everything involved with that such as the picture with Romo and the botched FG with the field pass next to it. I plan on framing a lot of it more to do with his memory. If he didn’t have the field pass next to the newspaper article I wouldn’t care to frame it.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My Grandfather is a truck driver carries the generators for NBC Sunday night and Thursday night football I would say for the past 12 years or so. He runs cables on the sideline with the camera crew as well. 70 years old and still manages it. Been to like 4 superbowls including the last one and a few pro bowls. He has kept literally everything involved with that such as the picture with Romo and the botched FG with the field pass next to it. I plan on framing a lot of it more to do with his memory. If he didn’t have the field pass next to the newspaper article I wouldn’t care to frame it.
Well, alright then....I'll give you a pass. LOL :p

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
But but...it wasn’t his fault! It was a new ball and was slippery!
http://i1070.***BLOCKED***/albums/u483/tchristie021/Mobile%20Uploads/094105B7-AEEC-4618-BF2E-B0D89BD63AE8_zpsxdbkyvbg.gif

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Your right it was vintage Romo. He played well enough to almost win. Lol he posted a game Romo threw an int to lose the game. Lmao

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Give Tony a chance to redeem himself

He was perfect at it for 04, 05, 06 except for one damn play.

The Commanders and giants lost playoff games the exact same way and no one ever talks about, brings it up or mentions the guy's who botched the snap costing them playoff games.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
But you do remember that he threw the deciding INT in the last 3 minutes from deep in his territory, right? Not banging on Romo because I liked him, but that was also vintage Romo - too many late-game mistakes to offset the heroics. I once heard Favre said when his coach was trying to cut down on the INTs said "yeah, but now let's look at all the TDs". That's basically what this review of "vintage Romo" is.

Give us a list of all these "Late Game Interceptions" that cost the team the game.