Vita Vea visits

slick325

Reaction score
You get studs...no matter where they play. Why? Because studs tend to make tangible impact. Measurable impact.

I don't know if it is the Organization or Marinelli or Garrett who have changed philosophy nor do I care. A beast in the middle that commands double teams will benefit the DEs and keep the LBs clean to flow to the ball. There is a reason that Alabama LBs have been viewed favorably and it translates to their DTs being drafted in the 1st or 2nd rounds annually. Bama dominates the LOS on both sides of the ball and that is the main reason (outside of the HC) that they are always contending for a title.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The question for you guys is this.

How far up are you willing to go to get him?

I have worn out the draft sites, and except for those places based on The Wizard of Oz fantasy where top draft picks fall to 19, it looks to me like the drought begins close to the Dallas selection. So making a slight adjustment to solidify the middle of the defensive line could be required.

It is at this point I remind that I am not a draft guy. And anything can and does happen. But I see this pick as the same as the Zach pick. A work pale stud that anchors a line.

I also think with Tank and Irving and maybe Taco, the corner of that line could be in good shape. A push up the middle helps in the run game and on the edges.

Plus, as I say, and have registered the saying with the govt.....no pass rush, no pass defense ®. So realizing collapsing the middle, which moves the quarterback off his mark and disrupts timing makes the DE's job easier, as well as the cornerbacks.

Of course allow me to remind that I am just lousy with picking talent, have little to no football knowledge, and refuse to use the term 1 tech because I think it is used by people trying to sound football savvy.

Is there anyone else I have no insulted with this post? Good. PM me if you feel left out.

John813

Reaction score
I think Rod just wants quick guys as his DT's, and usually the smaller guys fit that bill. A guy his size that has his athletic ability are quite rare.
So, I'm sure Rod would like a 340lb Dt that moves like a 300lb DT. I don't see him sliding that far though.

Like LVE, someone will take VV early due to his size and "potential"

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Big deal. Cowboys would have to give away the farm to afford to move so far up to draft Vea. It's not going to happen. Waste of time. Dummies should have lost the last and meaningless Week 17 game at Philthy. But noooo, too much pride. How is that working out now, eh?

Last edited:

Bigdog

Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the players I want, Nelson, Edmunds, RSmith, James, Vea will not be there when we pick. I have accepted this reluctantly. Thanks for winning that 6-0 nail biter game against the Eagles.

Titleist

Reaction score
Big deal. Cowboys would have to give away the farm to afford to move so far up to draft Vea. It's not going to happen. Waste of time. Dummies should have lost the last and meaningless Week 17 game at Philthy. But noooo, too much pride. How is that working out now, eh?
That was a moral victory!

marius

Reaction score
tenor.gif

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There were people who actually were calling those that understood the draft order and wanted that game loss to be losers.

I stopped seeing this sport as a seasonal thing many years ago. This is about getting to the NFC Championship game, and that takes playmakers.

I don't mean purposely lose an entire season. But there are opportunities to take a step forward because the scoreboard was not in the favor of Dallas.

The Troy Aikman story emphasizes this. Green Bay could have had him if they did not beat Arizona in the last game of the season. One game changed the fate of Dallas.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
There were people who actually were calling those that understood the draft order and wanted that game loss to be losers.

I stopped seeing this sport as a seasonal thing many years ago. This is about getting to the NFC Championship game, and that takes playmakers.

I don't mean purposely lose an entire season. But there are opportunities to take a step forward because the scoreboard was not in the favor of Dallas.

The Troy Aikman story emphasizes this. Green Bay could have had him if they did not beat Arizona in the last game of the season. One game changed the fate of Dallas.

I think they should move to a lottery system because it's not fair to a team or their fans if their coaches and GM's are trying to win games when they have 1 or 2 wins on the year with a few games to go.

Especially if the other teams with similar records are purposely tanking.

The 4 or 5 worst teams should have a draft Lottery.

As far as Dallas goes.. It was stupid to try to win that game.

DiResta

Reaction score
lets all remember these happy thoughts when Joe Looney is filling in and starting against him when Dallas plays the Skins this year

so heres a question, who do you rather Washington drafts
Vita Vea or Derwin James?

because they are drafting one of them lol