Vita Vea visits

RS12

Reaction score
Vea doesn't excite me as much as James, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds or even Roquan but I have to admit he would add something to our D we have been missing.
I dont want to be excited. I want to win. That happens by dominating in the trenches. Like somebody else said Vea should make everybody next to and directly behind him better.

RS12

Reaction score
When has tanking ever worked in the NFL?
Come on man. Jerry desperately wanted to say ginger didnt go 8-8 again for a team that was already out of the playoffs. The worst part was they played 2nd and 3rd stringers and we played 1st string and barely won. What did we get out of it but one more more year of Garret and three worse draft positions on every round.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Big deal. Cowboys would have to give away the farm to afford to move so far up to draft Vea. It's not going to happen. Waste of time. Dummies should have lost the last and meaningless Week 17 game at Philthy. But noooo, too much pride. How is that working out now, eh?
Well since the draft hasn't started I'm sure you don't have a clue how the draft will unfold

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Come on man. Jerry desperately wanted to say ginger didnt go 8-8 again for a team that was already out of the playoffs. The worst part was they played 2nd and 3rd stringers and we played 1st string and barely won. What did we get out of it but one more more year of Garret and three worse draft positions on every round.

Come on man?

You are criticizing them for playing to win. The alternatives are playing to lose or not caring ie tanking.

I know it sounds good in theory to have the better draft pick but it comes at a cost. Colts tanked. They stank even when Luck was healthy. Cleveland and other perennial losers seem to do it every season.

There are no examples of an NFL team tanking and succeeding. This isn't basketball. Desire and confidence count a lot more.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
lets all remember these happy thoughts when Joe Looney is filling in and starting against him when Dallas plays the Skins this year

so heres a question, who do you rather Washington drafts
Vita Vea or Derwin James?

because they are drafting one of them lol
This is exactly what's going to happen. The Commanders at #13 are going to pick monster DT Vita Vea, which means it would be best for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 to around the mid 20s (and pick up a late 3rd rounder at the same time). Then use that middle 20s late 1st rounder on OG Will Hernandez to counter the Commanders' Vea pick, plus Hernandez would solidify the starting Oline for years to come.

From left to right (Cowboys post-draft starting Oline):

Tyron Smith - Will Hernandez - Travis Frederick - Zack Martin - La'El Collins.

That would undoubtedly make the Cowboys Oline one of the best in all of the NFL and capable of handling inside with ease big monster DTs like Vita Vea.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
This is exactly what's going to happen. The Commanders at #13 are going to pick monster DT Vita Vea, which means it would be best for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 to around the mid 20s (and pick up a late 3rd rounder at the same time). Then use that middle 20s late 1st rounder on OG Will Hernandez to counter the Commanders' Vea pick, plus Hernandez would solidify the starting Oline for years to come.

That would undoubtedly make the Cowboys Oline one of the best in all of the NFL and capable of handling inside with ease big monster DTs like Vita Vea.

Do you think Vea will get past Miami ? as much as Skins need a NT I think they need a DB more, and I cant see Miami passing on Vea after losing Suh in FA.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Do you think Vea will get past Miami ? as much as Skins need a NT I think they need a DB more, and I cant see Miami passing on Vea after losing Suh in FA.
It won't matter. If Miami picks Vea @ #11, Washington will likely pick Da'Ron Payne @ #13 since Washington definitely needs a NT to try to counter our interior Oline and Zeke's rushing attack inside. If both of these 2 big interior DTs are gone as expected by the time our Cowboys pick at #19, I expect our Cowboys to counter those picks by picking up OG Will Hernandez with either the #19 pick or gambling by trading down a few picks in order to pick up an extra late 3rd or 4th rounder, while using the traded down mid 20s pick on OG Will Hernandez with the hopes he will still be available.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What else did we get? ....................... General Garret marched his tired, weary troops into philly and laid down a 6-0 beat down of the world champs. NFL films will harken back to this triumph for generations and declare it "on par" with any super bowl victory and proof of the fierce pride Garret wielded even in times of despair.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'll bet you $100 right here and right now that I am right and know more than you!
Post your mock and if it's wrong then pay me 100 dollars. This beating on your chest thinking you're so smart is childish. This board is full of guys and girls that are very knowledgeable. I would put my knowledge and the knowledge of most on here against anybody........ Especially from a guy boasting how smart he is cause his little feelings got hurt when I said he doesn't have a clue how the draft will unfold. Which you don't

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Post your mock and if it's wrong then pay me 100 dollars. This beating on your chest thinking you're so smart is childish. This board is full of guys and girls that are very knowledgeable. I would put my knowledge and the knowledge of most on here against anybody........ Especially from a guy boasting how smart he is cause his little feelings got hurt when I said he doesn't have a clue how the draft will unfold. Which you don't
The only one acting childish around here is YOU. I simply stated a FACT that it would be too costly to move up so high in the 1st round in order to have any chance at drafting Vita Vea. Plus, I stated this thread's topic is moot for that reason since Vea will be long gone. You then came out with your wise cracking comment, so I challenged you to a bet of $100 dollars to see who knows what they are talking about between us. Remember, I addressed YOU and ONLY YOU. For you to bring in the whole Forum is childish in itself. What's the matter? Can't debate or take a challenge on your own two feet? Who ever said anything about any mocks anyhow??? So what will it be? Do you accept the $100 bet or not?

Last edited:

Sandyf

Reaction score

That would be a great line although thinking it actually will end up Smith-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Fleming and Dallas ends up going defense 3 out of the first 4 picks. Right now Hernandez isn't coming in for a visit as some originally thought and that makes it less likely to me that he is actually in our 1st or 2nd round decisions. This is one time I hope I am wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That would be a great line although thinking it actually will end up Smith-Collins-Frederick-Martin-Fleming and Dallas ends up going defense 3 out of the first 4 picks. Right now Hernandez isn't coming in for a visit as some originally thought and that makes it less likely to me that he is actually in our 1st or 2nd round decisions. This is one time I hope I am wrong.
If the Cowboys went defense with 3 out of their first 4 picks, there is nothing wrong with that. Could shore up some holes at DT, LB and FS with good quality picks. Cowboys scout, Sam Garza (Harlingen High School - from my neck of the woods), was a UTEP star at QB during his college playing days, and I read he has good ties with OG Will Hernandez, so that might be a reason why the Cowboys haven't called in Will Hernandez for one of those 30 pre-draft visits since they must know a lot about Hernandez by now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe it’s not his call anymore...

I'll tell you what, if the rumors of Marinelli being on the fence about returning or retiring this year are true, he shouldn't. As well as rumors of him stepping aside for Eberflus to take over as the defensive coordinator. If they're accurate, this team needs to look out for life after Marinelli and do what they feel is in the team's best interests long term.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When has tanking ever worked in the NFL?

Find me an example where somebody ever admitted to it and we can then discuss how successful it was or not.

What I can mention is that it cost the New York Jets a ton in draft compensation to move up to the #3 overall pick. Which one less win would have accomplished for them anyway.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
From your own article:

"And while they’ll never admit to tanking, the pieces are in place."

Thanks for proving my case.

Any retort on my mention of the Jets' situation?

Actions speak louder than words.

They have a financial interest to not admit it.

And what is you case? That because teams don't admit it that means no teams do it? Your case is pretty awful.