Vita Vea visits

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod views Vea as a 3 down DT. So no his view on 1T generally hasn't changed. What has changed is Vea is not your typical DT.

He may be right now but common. He's in the best shape of his life......he's young..........and he's still 346 lbs. Give him an off-season with a few million dollars in the bank and he'll be a 1 technique in no time.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He may be right now but common. He's in the best shape of his life......he's young..........and he's still 346 lbs. Give him an off-season with a few million dollars in the bank and he'll be a 1 technique in no time.
They would have to change his name from Vita Vea to Mount Vea. :D

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You probably wouldn't have drafted Warren Sap or N. Suh either?

Not saying he is that type of talent but you're basically saying...he'll lose his athleticism when he ages...PASS.

Wut

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You probably wouldn't have drafted Warren Sap or N. Suh either?

Not saying he is that type of talent but you're basically saying...he'll lose his athleticism when he ages...PASS.

Wut

You basically have no idea what your talking about. Sapp was 300 lbs and Suh was 305 on draft day and they are built completely differently than the 346 lb Vea. If you are going to turn my wise crack into a serious rebuttal, at least know something about the players you mention.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Now that you guys mention it, Vea's strength reminds me of Suh. Suh packs it into a 40 lbs smaller frame though, he's just incredible.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You basically have no idea what your talking about. Sapp was 300 lbs and Suh was 305 on draft day and they are built completely differently than the 346 lb Vea. If you are going to turn my wise crack into a serious rebuttal, at least know something about the players you mention.
What does their size have to do with your argument?

This is embarrassing.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does their size have to do with your argument?

This is embarrassing.

Did u not bring up Sapp and Suh and make the comparison to Vea? I used weight to show you that your comparison is wrong. Vea is more like NGata but larger . He is nohthing like Sap or Suh. I can only assume you know nothing about any of these players based on what you've said.

Not the sharpest tack in the box are ya?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Did u not bring up Sapp and Suh and make the comparison to Vea? I used weight to show you that your comparison is wrong. Vea is more like NGata but larger . He is nohthing like Sap or Suh. I can only assume you know nothing about any of these players based on what you've said.

Not the sharpest tack in the box are ya?
You said because he is athletic now but larget....we shouldn't draft him because one day he won't be as athletic......

Who exactly is this not true of? Can you name all those players who got more athletic as they aged?

Barry Bonds?

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Teams find 1 tech's outside of the 1st, so I'm not drafting one in the 1st round.

Linval Joseph, Damon Harrison, and Brandon Williams.

These guys do not need to be drafted in the 1st round, but the Cowboys need to make an emphasis to go get one this year.

Harrison Phillips, Deadrin Senat, Foley Fatuski, and Kendrick Norton are guys we can look into outside of the first round.

Carter

Reaction score
Nothing to see here. Vea is one of many projected Players between 10-20. Makes sense to bring him in just in case he Drops and DT is a Need so...

Still think Safety or LB is the way to go in the 1st cause a lot of good DTs will be there at 50.

Leedscowboy

Reaction score
It won't matter. If Miami picks Vea @ #11, Washington will likely pick Da'Ron Payne @ #13 since Washington definitely needs a NT to try to counter our interior Oline and Zeke's rushing attack inside. If both of these 2 big interior DTs are gone as expected by the time our Cowboys pick at #19, I expect our Cowboys to counter those picks by picking up OG Will Hernandez with either the #19 pick or gambling by trading down a few picks in order to pick up an extra late 3rd or 4th rounder, while using the traded down mid 20s pick on OG Will Hernandez with the hopes he will still be available.

Then Payne would be a wasted pick, he is 6.2 and 311, he would hammered playing as a NT in a 3 man front, Payne is better suited to playing as the DT in a 4 man front, I still dont see the Skins grabbing a NT in the first they need help more at DB & LB that does not mean they wont draft a DT but they can grab someone like Settle in the 3rd who is 330 to play as a NT

waving monkey

Reaction score
How short-sighted of you. They got a top draft pick and it was sunshine, rainbow, and lollipops.

Oh wait. Those teams never won a playoff game much less a championship.

The end game is wins not draft picks, Stash. Intentionally losing is easy and it was silly to assume that is what I meant.
:thumbup: