Vita Vea visits

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actions speak louder than words.

They have a financial interest to not admit it.

And what is you case? That because teams don't admit it that means no teams do it? Your case is pretty awful.

My "case" is that it is, in some cases, beneficial, whether people want to admit it or not.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My "case" is that it is, in some cases, beneficial, whether people want to admit it or not.

Name one example in the NFL.

As for the Jets I suggest reading the portion of the article talking about what the Jets did:

It’s gotten to the point where teams aren’t even waiting for the season to start before they decide to tank. The Jets aren’t even waiting until training camp. This week, they got rid of veterans David Harris and Eric Decker after already purging Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nick Mangold, Nick Folk, Breno Giacomini, Darrelle Revis and Brandon Marshall from the roster earlier this year. Bryce Petty, Josh McCown and Christian Hackenberg are the three quarterbacks on their roster. It’s going to be a grim season.

Their tanking only got them to 6 because teams like the Browns and Bucs -also discussed in the article- tanked harder.

And I brought up your rock because the Jets tanking has been huge in the national and NY market for over a year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
2017 NYG ????

They tanked. Let's see the playoff appearances and super bowl wins.

Tampa Bay tanked for quite some time and got even more awesome picks. They peaked at 9-7 which is a disaster according to you guys and are back in the toilet. Colts fit that bill too. Suck for Luck was such a smashing success.

WeaponX

Reaction score
I'll tell you what, if the rumors of Marinelli being on the fence about returning or retiring this year are true, he shouldn't. As well as rumors of him stepping aside for Eberflus to take over as the defensive coordinator. If they're accurate, this team needs to look out for life after Marinelli and do what they feel is in the team's best interests long term.
Agreed 100%

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Name one example in the NFL.

Your own article mentions two. The Buccaneers secured the #1 pick and Winston and the Browns did the same for Myles Garrett. And Polians Colts "suck for Luck" campaign.

As for the Jets I suggest reading the portion of the article talking about what the Jets did:

Their tanking only got them to 6 because teams like the Browns and Bucs -also discussed in the article- tanked harder.

And I brought up your rock because the Jets tanking has been huge in the national and NY market for over a year.

The "tanking" by the Browns and Bucs is referring to prior year's, not 2016.

And winning 5 meaningless games screwed the Jets up more than anything else could have. They accomplished nothing other than now having to have give up a bunch of draft picks to move up for the quarterback they still don't have.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The only one acting childish around here is YOU. I simply stated a FACT that it would be too costly to move up so high in the 1st round in order to have any chance at drafting Vita Vea. Plus, I stated this thread's topic is moot for that reason since Vea will be long gone. You then came out with your wise cracking comment, so I challenged you to a bet of $100 dollars to see who knows what they are talking about between us. Remember, I addressed YOU and ONLY YOU. For you to bring in the whole Forum is childish in itself. What's the matter? Can't debate or take a challenge on your own two feet? Who ever said anything about any mocks anyhow??? So what will it be? Do you accept the $100 bet or not?
I see you don't comprehend so well. Perhaps you should go back and read it again, coming from someone who is boasting how smart he is should at least be able to comprehend simple statements.

I asked for your mock cause you are being vague. You wanna bet but not say where Vea is being drafted not only that you're saying its too costly to trade up. Exactly what's too costly?

You got your feelings hurt cause I said you don't have a clue how the draft will fall. Players rise and fall all the time. Anybody that says they know how the draft will go is full of it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Your own article mentions two. The Buccaneers secured the #1 pick and Winston and the Browns did the same for Myles Garrett. And Polians Colts "suck for Luck" campaign.

The "tanking" by the Browns and Bucs is referring to prior year's, not 2016.

And winning 5 meaningless games screwed the Jets up more than anything else could have. They accomplished nothing other than now having to have give up a bunch of draft picks to move up for the quarterback they still don't have.

Who said that was exhaustive? It also mentions the Jets. I even quoted it for you. Thatis besides the point though.

You asked for examples of it happening. You have them and they all failed. Anywho you guys are acting like it would been a great idea for us to tank. The onus should be on you to give an example of a team doing it and succeeding since you are the one with the proposal.

Instead the consistently good teams don't tank. No recent SB winner has tanked. No recent playoff winner tanked to get there. That is the standard you guys like to wave your hands at: playoff wins and championships. It's nada zip nil null zero empty void.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who said that was exhaustive? You asked for examples of it happening. You have them and they all failed. Anywho you guys are acting like it would been a great idea for us to tank. The onus should be on you to give an example of a team doing it and succeeding.

Along with that article, I gave you three examples where the teams that reportedly "tanked" secured the #1 overall pick and hit the consensus best player in the draft.

Are you then trying to claim that that one player should Immediately and single-handedly win them a championship?

What I do know is that meaningless wins like this team always gets do nothing other than to damage your draft position and keep undeserving coaches employed, neither of which is a good thing.

Garrett's 2015 Cowboys - at 3-8, and with Romo done for the season, "won" a meaningless Monday Night game against the Washington Commanders. The only thing that succeeded in doing was dropping the team in the draft from #2 overall (Carson Wentz), to #4 overall (Ezekiel Elliott).

And this year's unwatchable week 17 "victory" was only more of the same. Accomplishing nothing more than to drop the team 3 places in the draft order.

Instead the consistently good teams don't tank. No recent SB winner has tanked. No recent playoff winner tanked to get there. That is the standard you guys like to wave your hands at: playoff wins and championships. It's nada zip nil null zero empty void.

What does "consistently good teams" have to do with this one?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I see you don't comprehend so well. Perhaps you should go back and read it again, coming from someone who is boasting how smart he is should at least be able to comprehend simple statements.

I asked for your mock cause you are being vague. You wanna bet but not say where Vea is being drafted not only that you're saying its too costly to trade up. Exactly what's too costly?

You got your feelings hurt cause I said you don't have a clue how the draft will fall. Players rise and fall all the time. Anybody that says they know how the draft will go is full of it.
So you refuse to accept the bet?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Along with that article, I gave you three examples where the teams that reportedly "tanked" secured the #1 overall pick and hit the consensus best player in the draft.

Are you then trying to claim that that one player should Immediately and single-handedly win them a championship?

What I do know is that meaningless wins like this team always gets do nothing other than to damage your draft position and keep undeserving coaches employed, neither of which is a good thing.

Garrett's 2015 Cowboys - at 3-8, and with Romo done for the season, "won" a meaningless Monday Night game against the Washington Commanders. The only thing that succeeded in doing was dropping the team in the draft from #2 overall (Carson Wentz), to #4 overall (Ezekiel Elliott).

And this year's unwatchable week 17 "victory" was only more of the same. Accomplishing nothing more than to drop the team 3 places in the draft order.

What does "consistently good teams" have to do with this one?

How short-sighted of you. They got a top draft pick and it was sunshine, rainbow, and lollipops.

Oh wait. Those teams never won a playoff game much less a championship.

The end game is wins not draft picks, Stash. Intentionally losing is easy and it was silly to assume that is what I meant.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How short-sighted of you. They got a top draft pick and it was sunshine, rainbow, and lollipops.

Oh wait. Those teams never won a playoff game much less a championship.

So your claim is that that "top draft pick" is a cure-all for everything ailing a franchise? Now who's being truly "short-sighted"?

The end game is wins not draft picks, Stash. Intentionally losing is easy and it was silly to assume that is what I meant.

The end game is meaningful wins. Not hollow victories that do nothing but to save an undeserving coach's ***.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So your claim is that that "top draft pick" is a cure-all for everything ailing a franchise? Now who's being truly "short-sighted"?

The end game is meaningful wins. Not hollow victories that do nothing but to save an undeserving coach's ***.

Agreed. But wouldn't have been nice for Jerry to tell Garret something along the lines of "lets see what we got for next year" before the game? Jerry makes every decision from socks to jocks but lets Garret make this one?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. But wouldn't have been nice for Jerry to tell Garret something along the lines of "lets see what we got for next year" before the game? Jerry makes every decision from socks to jocks but lets Garret make this one?

Oh, don't get me wrong, he was certainly an accomplice in The whole thing. After all, who gives Garett more slack and makes more excuses for him than Jerry Jones does?

No, I think both of those fools wanted that "win" so that they could use it as part of the sales pitch for keeping the guy around. I mean, can't fire him after a "winning season", right?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So you refuse to accept the bet?
Again you can't comprehend what I wrote. How can you claim to be so much smarter then everybody but yet fail to comprehend simple statements. Not sure how else to write it for you. Go back and read it again and see if you can understand what was wrote.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is exactly what's going to happen. The Commanders at #13 are going to pick monster DT Vita Vea, which means it would be best for the Cowboys to trade down from #19 to around the mid 20s (and pick up a late 3rd rounder at the same time). Then use that middle 20s late 1st rounder on OG Will Hernandez to counter the Commanders' Vea pick, plus Hernandez would solidify the starting Oline for years to come.

From left to right (Cowboys post-draft starting Oline):

Tyron Smith - Will Hernandez - Travis Frederick - Zack Martin - La'El Collins.

That would undoubtedly make the Cowboys Oline one of the best in all of the NFL and capable of handling inside with ease big monster DTs like Vita Vea.
There is always two ways to skin a cat, but I would rather be on the defensive side IMHO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

You are the one saying that tanking leading to high draft picks is evidence of it working not me.

Tanking has never led to playoff wins nor championships. Instead tanking teams end up being perennial losers. Cleveland, Jets, Bucs, Colts. The dumpster of the NFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are the one saying that tanking leading to high draft picks is evidence of it working not me.

They achieved their goals and got the number 1 overall pick and the players that they wanted. Conversely, what have Jason Garrett's meaningless wins done for the Cowboys?

Tanking has never led to playoff wins nor championships. Instead tanking teams end up being perennial losers. Cleveland, Jets, Bucs, Colts. The dumpster of the NFL.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't two of those "perennial losers" won championships more recently than the Cowboys have?

I guess we're right down in "the dumpster of the NFL" with them based on "winning championships" criteria?