Voch Is Excited about our UDFA TE

Chuck 54

Reaction score
This is the same negativity fans always spew about UDFAs.
Very good players who fill roles go undrafted and make teams all the time.

This TE will be part of every 2 TE set, at TE is short yardage, and certainly the body type that will be on the kick return team. Time will tell. The man got paid because several teams targeted him in free agency.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the Cowboys ever giving a UDFA a guaranteed contract. Most I remember is something like $150,000 signing bonus, but no guaranteed contract.

exciter

Reaction score
After watching this, I see why they took a flier on him. Watch his play vs Ohio State and Illinois. TEs who run 4.7 forties seldom get drafted, but this guy can block……and truck some DBs.

https://news68.thongtinluat.com/cow..._zpp6mK5oeGj4wXYC6wvSfftd6ycMqmGkljPT9GHuLpN4
Since when do TE who run 4.7 seldom get drafted? It’s the average speed for the position. Half the TEs in the league run 4.7s. And if you’re talking about the 6’7” guy… he should have been drafted… we gave him a 250k signing bonus to sign here. McCarthy has been wanting to go to 12 personnel for two seasons now and like to run multiple 3 TE sets. They signed multiple FA TE as UDFA… only to on roster who could block were Ferguson and Schoonmaker!

sbark

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the Cowboys ever giving a UDFA a guaranteed contract. Most I remember is something like $150,000 signing bonus, but no guaranteed contract.
A quik search on H.Luepke udfa contract

Hunter Luepke signed a 3 year , $2,715,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including $20,000 signing bonus, $200,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $905,000. In 2024, Luepke will earn a base salary of $915,000, while carrying a cap hit of $921,666 and a dead cap value of $13,334.

So...less s.bonus, but good chunk guar.

exciter

Reaction score
We’ve guaranteed contracts before and then cut the player. Believe Learhy was guaranteed and one of the only ones we kept… stashed him on the inactives for most of the season. Oh and the complaining here was epic that season… “ waste of a roster spot” they said … development is a hard concept for people!

_sturt_

Reaction score
$20,000 signing bonus, $200,000 guaranteed
Thanks. That's the important part because that would have been the pre-training camp commitment. I'd thought Luepke only got $150,000. I suppose you got that from spotrac or similar... lazy me, didn't go there to look. ;)

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
If I remember correctly all the haters said the same thing about TJ Bass