Voch Is Excited about our UDFA TE

exciter

Reaction score
Yep.

But regardless, says a lot about their commitment to and expectation of Spann-Ford.
McCarthy has wanted to go 12 personnel for 2 seasons and like to run a lot of 3 TE sets. They didn’t resign Mckeon. It’s why we picked Schoonmaker last season and a big reason why he let Moore walk along with Gallup this year… no player with 50m contract you’re compelled to play. Span-Ford should have been drafted. 6’7” blocking TE who can catch in a pinch have value especially in what McCarthy wants to run!

AyeAtey

Reaction score
I hope this kid pans out and be part of the new concept of beast and bully.

Sure got the size.

Creeper

Reaction score
We have Stephens coming back and Schoonmaker who was a 2nd round pick. This dude is a long shot at best. Good luck to him though.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
What's the "flex" here? Bass is a backup.
Who filled in at times and played well. You cannot expect an UDFA to come in and steal a spot, esp when the guys at his regular position are Martin and Smith. He provides quality depth and nice long-term potential.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Well we had Jason Witten here for over a decade and he was one of the best to ever do it.

How many playoff games did we win with him?

Gambit

Reaction score
I did. I'm kind of joking but not. He's slow. Also goes to show how bad the Schoon pick was.
Nothing todo with Schoon pick. 2 different skill sets. Both blockers yes,but Schoon can catch and run.

Ford is like an extra lineman who has very good hands and can't run.

Most teams carry more than 2 TE on roster and id venture all teams have more than 3 on their 90 man roster.

davey999

Reaction score
Who filled in at times and played well. You cannot expect an UDFA to come in and steal a spot, esp when the guys at his regular position are Martin and Smith. He provides quality depth and nice long-term potential.
I don't expect anything. That's the point. The chances this guy makes any impact is low. Yet, we get an online video fawning over the guy.

davey999

Reaction score
Nothing todo with Schoon pick. 2 different skill sets. Both blockers yes,but Schoon can catch and run.

Ford is like an extra lineman who has very good hands and can't run.

Most teams carry more than 2 TE on roster and id venture all teams have more than 3 on their 90 man roster.
Schoon can catch and run? Since when?

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't expect anything. That's the point. The chances this guy makes any impact is low. Yet, we get an online video fawning over the guy.
Yet it seems those that saw potential on tape were right about Bass. Its obvious the kid can play, and may have a chance to carve out a more significant role after Martin retires.
Schoon can catch and run? Since when?
Catching is debatable unfortunately, but he ran a 4.63 at the combine. If I remember right, he came away with an elite SPARQ score, which I'm sure is the reason he was drafted in the second. Skills wise he's very raw, but the potential is there.

_sturt_

Reaction score
We have Stephens coming back and Schoonmaker who was a 2nd round pick. This dude is a long shot at best.
This appears to be news...

1. McC routinely keeps 4 TEs.

2. Hendershot began to fall out of favor last season.

3. So, no. Not a long shot. That 4th slot is Spann-Ford's to lose, and Hendershot's to try to reclaim.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
J’Tavion Sanders was a 4.69. Not exactly a speed demon.

Gronk was 4.68.

I’d say 4.7 is just fine if you’re not asking him to be Kyle Pitts or Darren Waller.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

VACowboy

Reaction score
If nothing else, feed him a bag of cheeseburgers and grow him into LT.