Von Miller: "I come from the DeMarcus Ware tree."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I meant with us...I am being honest that I cannot remember ONE game in which a sack of his meant anything.

Well he did but like most players over the last 26 years if what you looking for is playoff winning performances...its a no go around here.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Just my recollection, most people around here thought he was done and were ready to move on

The success of 2014 surprised people, so maybe that would have effected people's minds, but most were done with him after 2013
Multiple things can be true at the same time. Ware leaving benefited both him and the team at the same time in 2014.

What I remember is people complaining about his lack of sacks in the 4ht quarter. When I looked at his sacks, I didn't see them disappear in the 4th quarter. They just wanted him to single handedly prevent the other team from scoring that quarter because the perception was the defense always gave up the lead (which they didn't). Just the times that they did really stuck out like a sore thumb with most fans, similar to when we couldn't successfully convert 3rd and short running the ball. We were much more successful at it than many people remember.

bewp7

Reaction score
glad ware got a super bowl

micah the next ware student :flagwave:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
you making that up? I'm too lazy to fact check ya

Thats for sure one, there are others but again it depends on what your looking for...in a Cowboys uni in the playoffs we are kinda short on bring it home performances since 96...

D4KADON

Reaction score
Ware didn't help himself when he and the rest of the defense were coasting it in the Packers game that eventually led to Phillips being fired. Stuff like that sours you on a player.

Well what about the game in which he almost broke his neck and came back a week later to win the game against the Saints

What an utterly stupid post

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well what about the game in which he almost broke his neck and came back a week later to win the game against the Saints

What an utterly stupid post

I already posted that. Look up.

Nothing changes that less than a year later, he was giving little to no effort on the field that got his HC fired. It was the most embarrassing display I've ever seen from a team. It was ridiculous.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Why so y’all think just because they had Ware meant they should be a shoe in for a title?

Right you know the drill..its one player, some on this board can only focus on one player at a time....News flash, no players have been able to win since we have started "Jerry's way" none will.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That’s because this fanbase is toxic

To this day it was always stupid to get rid of ware

the trick was never about getting rid of ware. It was about adding more talent around ware

i have a feeling they are going to make the same mistake with parsons

The Joneses were in their can't-pay-age purge because a few older players were having trouble with injuries, including Ware (although he didn't miss many games, but his sacks dropped to six the year before he was released). I wasn't for letting him go, but now I'm glad they did since he was able to go get a title ... and not with a team I despise.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the good news is in that SB you couldve rooted for Ware because the Cowboys were not in it...see Risen I am here to help you.

I have no internet in rooting for players of other teams to win a Championship. Especially when they failed to do so here.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I don't give two craps about these players personally.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I have no internet in rooting for players of other teams to win a Championship. Especially when they failed to do so here.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I don't give two craps about these players personally.

Well i gotta ask about Wentz then..not that you have to explain ..just asking.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm just playing along with the children. They want me to be a fan boy of Wentz so I am. When in reality I merely wanted to draft him.

Ok, I'll agree he looked good comming out, but i have to say i do look at North Dakota State QB's a little diferent now...

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ware was let go because he was a shell of himself the end of those last 2012 and 2013 seasons. Just look at this one highlight video from our 2012 win or go home vs Football Team. Look at how many times he gets washed down or just looked completely lost.

Ware went on to be one of the most important pieces on arguably the greatest defensive unit of the modern era in Denver. Yeah that dude must have sucked.

As an aside, I forgot how horrible Romo played in that 2012 defacto NFC East championship game. Wow that was an absolute dumpster fire.