Von Miller signs with Bills **merged**

CWR

Reaction score
The Bills are on the doorstep of a Super Bowl. They're following the Rams model and going for it. If Von Miller can make some huge plays in the playoffs to get them to a SB, it's worth it.
What's his guaranteed money? That's all that matters and they'll cut him after that. No way he gets the full 120M.

What's stupid is just wasting players in their prime, thinking the 'next' draft fills in holes. The Cowboys have lost their 'window' when the O-line was elite. Remember some on this board said last Cowboys had the best receiving core in the league, well that's gone. Our running game is mired in mud.
Last year's defense was great when it got turnovers. Without them, they were average.

I'm not saying the Cowboys should have paid for Von Miller; however, to say the Bills are stupid is ignorant.

You won't catch me defending our strategy. If It nets Buffalo a superbowl it's a good risk. It's still a bad contract, and I think the odds are they come to regret it. Yes, I'd like us to be more aggressive and take a shot, but not in this way. I dont want to take my shot on a 33 year old players who playing more of a rotational role.

X550i

Reaction score
I don’t . Am glad the cowboys didn’t fall for this deal

Ok, but you said it aint worth it'.
The only team paying are the Bills. They Cowboys were never going to pay that deal, and they shouldn't.

Again, don't understand why Cowboy fans are up in arms that the Bills are going for it. They are close to a SB and this deal is worth the financial risk for them. Their fans are ecstatic and they should be.

But we, here Cowboy fans, can only get get satisfaction that Cowboys didn't sign that deal.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I told you guys, I tried to warn people.. Stephen Jones is worse than Jerry.. actually way worse, he’s cheap, doesn’t care about winning and is delusional..

if we get anyone this free agency of any value I’ll be shocked..

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly...............posters need to realize that the Cowboys aint contenders, we aint one player away.

Are you telling me that this team with this cap space and a draft in front of them isn't able to aquire enough talent to go to the superbowl next season? The NFC is weak.

Exactly how good do you think we need to be in order to be aggressive?

X550i

Reaction score
You won't catch me defending our strategy. If It nets Buffalo a superbowl it's a good risk. It's still a bad contract, and I think the odds are they come to regret it. Yes, I'd like us to be more aggressive and take a shot, but not in this way. I dont want to take my shot on a 33 year old players who playing more of a rotational role.

You may be right or wrong about them regretting it. But would you rather be in the position of a Bill fan or Cowboy fan right now? You have to admire the Bills FO for going for it.

As I have stated throughout the thread, I'm not advocating the Cowboys to sign Von Miller at that price. But I just find it funny all the Zoners who are up in arms about the Bills taking this financial risk. Who cares, it's the Bills money and their risk.

CWR

Reaction score
You may be right or wrong about them regretting it. But would you rather be in the position of a Bill fan or Cowboy fan right now? You have to admire the Bills FO for going for it.

As I have stated throughout the thread, I'm not advocating the Cowboys to sign Von Miller at that price. But I just find it funny all the Zoners who are up in arms about the Bills taking this financial risk. Who cares, it's the Bills money and their risk.

Only thing I'm up in arms about is him being priced out of Dallas, but let's be honest, he may have signed for half that and still been "priced out" of Dallas.

Honestly as Bills fan, I'd be both excited and skeptical.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Um they were not going to pay 6 years 120 for a 32 year old pass rusher. That is an insane deal. I am just stunned by how much that was. I cannot believe that 5 years 90 million would not have been far more than anything else he got.
Well duh. But they were going to pay Gregory 75 or something. 2/45 guaranteed would’ve prolly got him

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How can people be mad? I totally get ripping the FO apart but in this case? The bills just gave 33 year old Miller a 6 year 120 mil deal lmao

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I told you guys, I tried to warn people.. Stephen Jones is worse than Jerry.. actually way worse, he’s cheap, doesn’t care about winning and is delusional..

if we get anyone this free agency of any value I’ll be shocked..

Yep, you were right bro. Stephen is much worse than Jerry, much worse.

Jerry at least spent money, usually spent money on the wrong players, but he at least spent money nonetheless. Little Stevie says "screw that, I aint spending up my inheritance" and proceeds to do this thing Moneyball style.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I’m fed up with our trash management. They got the drafting down pat. I will give them that. Too many bad contracts makes them scared to acquire talent. You can get better in all phases of building a team. Drafts, trades, and free agency.

you miss Gregory which I’m totally okay with not paying him big bucks, everyone should agree. But how you going to pay Demarcus lawerence like he’s Nick bosa. What about Zeke? Should’ve traded the day he sat, Tony pollard is better. Now you miss on von? Why? What’s the point in the restructures and trading amare? Cutting lael? What’s the point?
Too many bad contracts prevent them from acquiring talent, but you’re pissed that they passed on a 33 year old pass rusher, passed his prime wanting $20 million per year?

..Ok

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Are you telling me that this team with this cap space and a draft in front of them isn't able to aquire enough talent to go to the superbowl next season? The NFC is weak.

Exactly how good do you think we need to be in order to be aggressive?

That is the problem, we are not being aggressive at all and we have holes all over the place. You want a list, here you go.

1. We have 1 DE in Dlaw and he is more of a run stopper than a pass rusher.
2. Our DTs suck against the run, we need need more size and strength in the interior.
3. We have one LB in Parsons, others are all jags.
4. We need a starting safety.
5. We need a new LG with Williams leaving.
6. We need a new RT since Collins will be traded or released and Steele aint no 17 game starter.
7. We need at least one new WR with both Cooper and Wilson gone and Gallup coming back from ACL.
8. We could use another RB since the Ewok cant run more than 5 yards without tapping out nowdays.
9. We need a new kicker and a new punter.
10. BIGGEST PROBLEM OF ALL............Jerry and his idiot boy think we can fill all of these holes with draft picks and bargin bin free agent scrubs.

Anybody thinking this roster is going to be SB caliber is beyond delusional and even in the "weak NFC" you have the Rams, Packers, and Bucs that are all significantly better that Dallas. So no, there will be no parade this year for Dallas, sorry.

CWR

Reaction score
That is the problem, we are not being aggressive at all and we have holes all over the place. You want a list, here you go.

1. We have 1 DE in Dlaw and he is more of a run stopper than a pass rusher.
2. Our DTs suck against the run, we need need more size and strength in the interior.
3. We have one LB in Parsons, others are all jags.
4. We need a starting safety.
5. We need a new LG with Williams leaving.
6. We need a new RT since Collins will be traded or released and Steele aint no 17 game starter.
7. We need at least one new WR with both Cooper and Wilson gone and Gallup coming back from ACL.
8. We could use another RB since the Ewok cant run more than 5 yards without tapping out nowdays.
9. We need a new kicker and a new punter.
10. BIGGEST PROBLEM OF ALL............Jerry and his idiot boy think we can fill all of these holes with draft picks and bargin bin free agent scrubs.

Anybody thinking this roster is going to be SB caliber is beyond delusional and even in the "weak NFC" you have the Rams, Packers, and Bucs that are all significantly better that Dallas. So no, there will be no parade this year for Dallas, sorry.

Exactly, the problem is a lack of aggression. The majority of those holes didn't exist until this off season. We could've manipulated the cap to become contenders, but we haven't and likely won't.

You don't have to explain regression to me. I've seen it since cutting Coop. We were a few players away. Now we are farther out.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Exactly, the problem is a lack of aggression. The majority of those holes didn't exist until this off season. We could've manipulated the cap to become contenders, but we haven't and likely won't.

You don't have to explain regression to me. I've seen it since cutting Coop. We were a few players away. Now we are farther out.

I see your point, and its a good one.

The team we had last year was a team that could have taken the next step if we were aggressive like the Rams and added pieces instead of losing them. With that I agree, but the team as it is right now has way too many holes to be a contender.

Reactions: CWR