News: Vote: Commanders? Eagles? Which team is the Dallas Cowboys' biggest rival

jnday

Reaction score
Eagles, I hate them. Since the Commanders decided to keep their name, I gained s ton of respect for them. The Sagkes simply has no class along with the fans and city.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I can assure there is nothing civil or friendly between Cowboys and Commanders fans. Being a Cowboys fan in the DC area requires thick skin and sometimes even cevilar... lol

See I work in DC and NoVa and Skins fans while much more vocal than I are not nearly as ignorant as Eagles fans. Actually most PA sports fans are obnoxious

RoboQB

Reaction score
See I work in DC and NoVa and Skins fans while much more vocal than I are not nearly as ignorant as Eagles fans. Actually most PA sports fans are obnoxious

I will definitely agree on PA sports.... even PA people imo.

I'm stuck in southern Maryland where the skins fans are especially terrible.
I've also seen some awful behavior at rfk and fedex.

An intellegent skins fan is like a unicorn where I live.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Honestly the Giants. Wee always have trouble against them, and once they get their stuff staight, they're a decent team. Its been a long time since Ive considered the Eagles or Commanders to be more than a nuisance.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Honestly the Giants. Wee always have trouble against them, and once they get their stuff staight, they're a decent team. Its been a long time since Ive considered the Eagles or Commanders to be more than a nuisance.

Romo has beaten them 5 straight games. Where is this trouble you speak of? Sounds like the past to me

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our toughest rivals will be the Giants and Commanders in 2016. Since it's rare for a division champ to repeat in the East, I fear the Giants most.

SaltyNovice

CowboysRangers
Reaction score
I really guess it has to be "age" that drives this decision. All of those teams at one time or another have been irritants for the Cowboys through time. I guess if you stay with in the division my vote would be the Commanders. They have had some great players and coaches to bring to the conversation. In my opinion Philadelphia has never been a serious threat to the Cowboys as an organization, just a "trashy" organization kind of like the reputation the city of Philadelphia has in my opinion....

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Let's be honest: I think a big reason we have remained in the NFC East (other than the large market issue) is so that the Cowboys vs Commanders rivalry remains in place. It's just one of those iconic rivalries that will probably always exist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like the Eagles rivalry received a nice bump in the poll during the last three days. I love unscientific polls lol.

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/poll_zpsftzn4rxj.jpg​

mahoneybill

Reaction score
From my perspective, it's the Commanders. The Commanders have stopped us from going to the Super Bowl twice.

And they always seem to trip us up or beat us when they're not expected to. Who can forget the Santana Moss comeback or the fluky defeat during our 13-3 year or the loss with Colt McCoy that may have stopped us from securing home-field advantage throughout the playoffs in 2014? And, remember, we kept the Commanders from an undefeated season in 1991.

For the most part, the Eagles rivalry really started with Buddy Ryan. Yes, they stopped us from going to a Super Bowl also, but they haven't really beaten us in meaningful games or when they've beaten us it's because we really sucked as a team.

Philly beat us in an NFC championship game during the Landry / Staubach years. Never forget the " injured" Wilbert Montgomery ripping off a long TD run against us early in the game that set the tone for the loss.
  • NFC Championship Game, January 11, 1981 - After losing to the Cowboys in all but 3 games from 1967–79, the Eagles finished first in the NFC East in 1980 due to tie-breaking procedures (both teams 12–4 and splitting the meetings between each other, but the Eagles having scored more points) and thus claimed the number one overall seed. The 1980 NFC Championship was also called the "Blue Jersey Game", on the account that the Eagles, having the choice as the home team, made the Cowboys wear their seemingly cursed blue jerseys (a stigma that dated back to Super Bowl V). To the cheers of a roaring Veterans Stadium crowd, the Eagles defeated the Cowboys 20-7.
Eagles went to SB that year losing to Oakland Raiders 27-10 Plunkett vs Jaworski - enjoyed watching Jaws get picked by a linebacker 3 times....... he conveniently forgets these when he talks about Romo getting picked by a LB when he does his QB sessions on TV.....

Super Bowl XV
Tom Flores' Oakland Raiders beat Dick Vermeil's Philadelphia Eagles, 27-10, in Super Bowl 15 on January 25th, 1981 at the Louisiana Superdome in New Orleans. Ron Jaworski had 291 yards, but was intercepted by linebacker Rod Martin three times. Jim Plunkett threw three touchdowns in Super Bowl Fifteen; an 80 yard bomb to Kenny King, and two shorter scores to Cliff Branch. An Eagle defense led by John Bunting and Herman Edwards couldn't slow Plunkett and Mark Van Eeghen (75 yards). Ted Hendricks, Matt Millen, Dave Browning, and Martin led the stout Raider defense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Mascot! Racist! Oh, wait, we are past that now, aren't we.

Sorry, my bad.

Are we past that? I would hope so but I don't keep up with the trends. I'm not going to remotely like them no matter what they are being called at the time. They are the enemy. Beat them and then beat them again!

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
The Commanders for me has always been the biggest rival. The eagles have been the most hated since the early 90s. The giants rivalry for me is more jealousy because of the two superbowls.