News: Vote: Commanders? Eagles? Which team is the Dallas Cowboys' biggest rival

DFWJC

Reaction score
I sort of like the Giants as an organization. It was the actual players on those early 2000's teams I used to hate. Pointy-head Tuck and Brandon Jacobs and Amani Toomer and Eli. Man, that group was annoying.

I liked this quote from the other thread from Graziano:

Dan Graziano: The Giants have plenty of respect for the Cowboys’ offensive line and its importance to Romo’s success, but Romo is the one who haunts their nightmares. The Giants have lost five consecutive games to Romo. (He didn’t play in the second game between the two teams last season.) It seems he usually finds a way to rip their hearts out late. After last year’s Week 1 loss, then-Giants cornerback Prince Amukamura said he was going to create a web series called “I Hate Tony Romo” because of all the times they haven’t been able to stop him when it counts. The Romo/Bryant combo is bad news for the Giants’ defense if both of those guys are healthy. New York hasn’t been able to find a way to beat them since 2012.

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Living in the DC area the last 30 years, I can tell you Commanders fans are all about hating on the Cowboys. Skins fans are absolutely obsessed with the Cowboys. When the Cowboys lose, my Facebook feed explodes with posts from skins fans celebrating, even if their team lost too. On the other hand, when the skins win, I hear almost nothing from their fans. It's really bizarre. Even in the offseason, I constantly see random FB posts from skins fans about the Cowboys. On Father's Day, a skins fan friend posted "Happy Father's Day to all the dad's who aren't raising their kids to be Cowboys fans". Really dude?

I drive up and down I-95 everyday, and I have seen more than a dozen anti-Cowboys, personalized VA license plates around here. "CWBYSCK", "H8DLLAS", "H8CWBYS", "DALSUKS", "CWBYH8R", just to name a few.

And then of course there's "Dallas Week"! That is something the local media spins up the week before the Cowboys play the skins. Every single time they play. It really is the skins fans Super Bowl, and that's how the local media treats it. In fact, any time they interview skins fans prior to Week 1 of a new season, there will ALWAYS be at least one guy that says "Don't matter how the season goes, as long as we beat them Cowboys". That's the life of a skins fan: Root for your own team, obsess over America's Team. Pretty sad.

Jenky

Reaction score
Living in the DC area the last 30 years, I can tell you Commanders fans are all about hating on the Cowboys. Skins fans are absolutely obsessed with the Cowboys. When the Cowboys lose, my Facebook feed explodes with posts from skins fans celebrating, even if their team lost too. On the other hand, when the skins win, I hear almost nothing from their fans. It's really bizarre. Even in the offseason, I constantly see random FB posts from skins fans about the Cowboys. On Father's Day, a skins fan friend posted "Happy Father's Day to all the dad's who aren't raising their kids to be Cowboys fans". Really dude?

I drive up and down I-95 everyday, and I have seen more than a dozen anti-Cowboys, personalized VA license plates around here. "CWBYSCK", "H8DLLAS", "H8CWBYS", "DALSUKS", "CWBYH8R", just to name a few.

And then of course there's "Dallas Week"! That is something the local media spins up the week before the Cowboys play the skins. Every single time they play. It really is the skins fans Super Bowl, and that's how the local media treats it. In fact, any time they interview skins fans prior to Week 1 of a new season, there will ALWAYS be at least one guy that says "Don't matter how the season goes, as long as we beat them Cowboys". That's the life of a skins fan: Root for your own team, obsess over America's Team. Pretty sad.

This is pretty accurate. :laugh:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
No to the Commanders. Sorry old timers. I'm 28 and this "rivalry" hasn't meant a thing for my entire life.

The Eagles have been the most competitive and I dislike them the most, but I just don't respect them enough to call them our biggest rival. Their just a pain in the ***.

The Giants-- we've owned them in the regular season, but really owe them a few BIG losses. I respect this team and the games are always really interesting.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No to the Commanders. Sorry old timers. I'm 28 and this "rivalry" hasn't meant a thing for my entire life.

The Eagles have been the most competitive and I dislike them the most, but I just don't respect them enough to call them our biggest rival. Their just a pain in the ***.

The Giants-- we've owned them in the regular season, but really owe them a few BIG losses. I respect this team and the games are always really interesting.

The Eagles never end up winning anything. In your lifetime the Giants have done more damage to the Cowboys than Philly. In 07 a 13 win Cowboys team that practically everyone was picking to end up in the SB went one and out against a Giants team we beat twice during the regular season. To add insult to injury they went on to win the SB.

In 2011 we had the Giants down by 12 points with around 8 minutes to play and a loss would have pretty much ended their season and we let them off the hook. They not only ended up winning that game but beating us a few weeks later in a season finale elimination game that had the NFC East and a playoff birth on the line.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't have to live in the middle of it, but I think it's actually pretty cool that they still manage to hate us so much. Looking forward to both teams getting competitive at the same time, because it's the best rivalry in football when that happens. It just hasn't happened in forever.

DFWJC

Reaction score
NY did have that one really big playoff win vs Dallas nearly a decade ago.

Dallas has pretty much owned the Giants since 2012. Usually great games though.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The Eagles. They have bar far the most obnoxious fans in the NFL, and they've usually fielded better teams than the Commanders in recent years. If this were still the 70s I would say the Commanders. There was no hotter rivalry in the NFL then.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Commanders as a civil friendly rivalry, The Eagles are the despised most hated rivalry after their fans cheered when Irvin laid unmoving on the turf at the Vet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Eagles. They have bar far the most obnoxious fans in the NFL, and they've usually fielded better teams than the Commanders in recent years. If this were still the 70s I would say the Commanders. There was no hotter rivalry in the NFL then.

True the eagles, giants and Cards were pretty much the laughing stock of the 70's and it would normally be between the Cowboys and the Skins for the division

StylisticS

Reaction score
This is pretty accurate. :laugh:

It's very accurate. The skins fanbase can be very obsessed with Dallas. It's bordering insane. "Dallas Week" and NBTD syndrome (You have to be from DC to know this one lol).

But I'll say this. Washington shuts down when the skins are playing the Cowboys. Parties and events all around the area. Skins fans do not get up for the eagles and giants like they do for the Cowboys. Not to mention, in many bars around the metro area, it's half Cowboys and half Skins during the games. Families, friends, co-workers, etc going at each other when these two play.

Historically, Skins
Present, probably the Eagles
Personally, the Niners. I loathe this team. Miss the annual matchups though.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys biggest rival is the team that is on the schedule that week.

Jenky

Reaction score
It's very accurate. The skins fanbase can be very obsessed with Dallas. It's bordering insane. "Dallas Week" and NBTD syndrome (You have to be from DC to know this one lol).

But I'll say this. Washington shuts down when the skins are playing the Cowboys. Parties and events all around the area. Skins fans do not get up for the eagles and giants like they do for the Cowboys. Not to mention, in many bars around the metro area, it's half Cowboys and half Skins during the games. Families, friends, co-workers, etc going at each other when these two play.

Historically, Skins
Present, probably the Eagles
Personally, the Niners. I loathe this team. Miss the annual matchups though.

I can attest. I live in Ashburn Va, where the Commanders used to practice, and I've been to many games.

Shunpike

Reaction score
It is interesting that even though Giants won 2 SB's in the last 10 years, they aren't hated as much by neither by Cowboy nor Eagle fans. I attribute some of it to Tom Coughlin and the rest to Eli. Even as opposing fans, I think you will have hard time saying anything negative about these 2.

Also, from a Giants fan perspective, I can truly say that the hatred towards Eagles can't be compared to dislike against Cowboys.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The Eagles never end up winning anything. In your lifetime the Giants have done more damage to the Cowboys than Philly. In 07 a 13 win Cowboys team that practically everyone was picking to end up in the SB went one and out against a Giants team we beat twice during the regular season. To add insult to injury they went on to win the SB.

In 2011 we had the Giants down by 12 points with around 8 minutes to play and a loss would have pretty much ended their season and we let them off the hook. They not only ended up winning that game but beating us a few weeks later in a season finale elimination game that had the NFC East and a playoff birth on the line.

Yeah I didn't conclude my thought process. I see the Gians as our biggest rivals.

Like you said, the Eagles never win anything. They're a nuisance that trots out gimmick after gimmick that we have to find a way to deal with. (Super blitz heavy, the wide 9, pistol and up tempo, etc).

They just play spoiler sometimes.